Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stringer987)
    You missed my mention then? First ever time theyve read one of my tweets!
    Yea, i missed it. What was the tweet bro?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Yea, i missed it. What was the tweet bro?
    I asked if criticism towards perez unfair

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stringer987)
    I asked if criticism towards perez unfair

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What did they say?

They're still talking about Perez now so you got them started...

I think it's hard to tell since this years Mclaren seems very slow m in Barcelona if they have good updates and the car is more competitive then we should get a clearer picture of his performance.

ReputationRep:
    While at Sauber has Perez had a good result, where he wasn't running some weird or different strategy? Just outright pace got him there?

ReputationRep:
    What did they say?

They're still talking about Perez now so you got them started...

I think it's hard to tell since this years Mclaren seems very slow m in Barcelona if they have good updates and the car is more competitive then we should get a clearer picture of his performance.

Croft said that at the moment he is seen as an easy over take and that has to change. He said that it he might last just the season at Mclaren after Whitmarsh said in pre season that Perez was expected to get "Multiple wins"

To sum it up, both Davidson and Croft thought the flack Perez has got is fair. Had to tweet the question though! I thought they would say it wasnt fair!

ReputationRep:
    Ferrari one-two in practice. Massa beat Alonso by 0.077s. I still expect Alonso to do much better in the race.
    This is making predictions for qualifying pretty hard...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1Addict)
    Imo, the best use of DRS is when its used in the same way as KERS; you have a limited time of DRS per lap that you can use wherever you want. In the race this could lead to a myriad of possibilities. Though after the ban on using DRS across the whole lap in qualifying this is now unlikely..

Restricting the number of times it can be used in a race is perhaps more feasible with the direction F1 is heading in. Five uses of DRS in a race sounds like a good number too. Since it should only be used when you absolutely have to get past a slower car, you shouldn't need it too often.
    I'd prefer the first myself, but it probably wouldn't be allowed - too dangerous in a full race.

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    Drop DRS entirely.
    Make softs last 20 laps.
    Keep all of the other 2014 regs, including ERS in it's entirety.

F1 would be pretty beast then.
    DRS can't really be dropped, most of the new (lucrative) circuits are built for DRS: long straights with hard braking at the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    DRS can't really be dropped, most of the new (lucrative) circuits are built for DRS: long straights with hard braking at the end.
    So?

Next year will see reduced levels of downforce, meaning cars can follow through corners more closely, allowing them to be in the slipstream of the car in front when entering said straights. Combined with the 30 odd second boost using ERS, DRS is not needed.

Also, passes under DRS are boring.

ReputationRep:
    So?

Next year will see reduced levels of downforce, meaning cars can follow through corners more closely, allowing them to be in the slipstream of the car in front when entering said straights. Combined with the 30 odd second boost using ERS, DRS is not needed.

Ahh, is that so? That will probably be brilliant, the pursuit of downforce needs to be curbed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Ahh, is that so? That will probably be brilliant, the pursuit of downforce needs to be curbed.
    Indeed! One quote I've heard is "Canada 2013 levels of downforce at the Monaco 2014 race". We're going to have some nice, squirmy cars next year!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    So?

I don't get it. They said that the drivers will have like 30 seconds worth of kers or something like that

How on earth will that work. It will be hard to use it on twisty circuits like monaco. The drivers will be too busy with the kers button.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    I don't get it. They said that the drivers will have like 30 seconds worth of kers or something like that

How on earth will that work. It will be hard to use it on twisty circuits like monaco. The drivers will be too busy with the kers button.
    :yep: 30 seconds of ERS (scroll down a bit) is going to be quite interesting to say the least!

ReputationRep:
    Drop DRS entirely.
    Make softs last 20 laps.
    Keep all of the other 2014 regs, including ERS in it's entirety.

F1 would be pretty beast then.
    Scrap the 'both compounds' rule as well.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting story, Hamilton went to visit the guys at McLaren at the winter test and he got thrown out of the garage by Sam Michael...

http://www.yallaf1.com/2013/04/19/ha...YallaF1.com%29

ReputationRep:
    :yep: 30 seconds of ERS (scroll down a bit) is going to be quite interesting to say the least!
    Interesting read there, not quite sure how any of that will actually play out though. 33.3 seconds sounds like too long for a boost, but I have to admit that the added 160bhp boost excites me. Especially if there's more torque at lower revs, acceleration out of corners into the straights is going to be mindblowing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyFrench)
    Interesting read there, not quite sure how any of that will actually play out though. 33.3 seconds sounds like too long for a boost, but I have to admit that the added 160bhp boost excites me. Especially if there's more torque at lower revs, acceleration out of corners into the straights is going to be mindblowing.
    Indeed! I think next year has got some right good potential!

ReputationRep:
    I totally missed FP2 but Kimi was fastest.

hopefully they can have a strong weekend.

ReputationRep:
    I totally missed FP2 but Kimi was fastest.

hopefully they can have a strong weekend.
    I'll second that!

ReputationRep:
    Kimi and Massa for pole.

Alonso and Kimi for the win.

ReputationRep:
    I just don't want Vettel on the podium. Would like a Webber or a Hamilton win.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.