Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Donovan Is one of the easiest isn't he?

He's basically just religious experience, and intuition.

ReputationRep:
    I always thought Donovan was one of the easiest as well, iBlueBox. I recall writing about intuition and pizza in my mock essay, and getting an A for it... All in all, I'm looking forward to the exam tomorrow, regardless of who comes up. I've not done an awful lot of revision, but for this exam there's not really much to revise. So long as you understand the arguments, the rest is just explaining in depth and thinking up some potential implications.

I'm sure everyone will do just fine. If it turns out I mess it all up, I only want to play drums at university anyway. I'm all set!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iBlueBox)
    Donovan Is one of the easiest isn't he?

He's basically just religious experience, and intuition.
    Yeah, but he is also one of the longest, so there is a bigger selection of excepts they could choose, and it's harder to link to other texts without sounding like you are going off on a random tangent.
    Westphal and Ayer are smaller and follow more of a clear pathway than Donovan - His text is more of a selections of different experiences stuck together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flib)
    I always thought Donovan was one of the easiest as well, iBlueBox. I recall writing about intuition and pizza in my mock essay, and getting an A for it... All in all, I'm looking forward to the exam tomorrow, regardless of who comes up. I've not done an awful lot of revision, but for this exam there's not really much to revise. So long as you understand the arguments, the rest is just explaining in depth and thinking up some potential implications.

I'm sure everyone will do just fine. If it turns out I mess it all up, I only want to play drums at university anyway. I'm all set!
    I think the key lies in sounding like you know what you are talking about, as well as making sure you answer the actual except, which is a bit harder with Donovan since his text is longer than Ayer's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOWessex)
    I think the key lies in sounding like you know what you are talking about, as well as making sure you answer the actual except, which is a bit harder with Donovan since his text is longer than Ayer's.
    Yes, without a doubt. Although 'sounding like you know what you are talking about' isn't actually too difficult in philosophy. Throw in a few names, and a couple of smart words, and you'll do just fine. You really just need to be opinionated; that's what I've found, at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flib)
    Yes, without a doubt. Although 'sounding like you know what you are talking about' isn't actually too difficult in philosophy. Throw in a few names, and a couple of smart words, and you'll do just fine. You really just need to be opinionated; that's what I've found, at least.
    Although not so much on the opinions in part a! I read the examiners report and they were talking about how many people tried to mix mix them together and they didn't seem to like it much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOWessex)
    Although not so much on the opinions in part a! I read the examiners report and they were talking about how many people tried to mix mix them together and they didn't seem to like it much!
    Yes, sorry for not being more specific! Having opinions is definitely beneficial for the part b, is what I was getting at!

ReputationRep:
    The day is here, the hour is upon us...almost.

On a scale of 1-10, how f*cked are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by remrod)
    The day is here, the hour is upon us...almost.

On a scale of 1-10, how f*cked are you?

ReputationRep:
    **** yeah.

That is all.

ReputationRep:
    So how do we think we done? Personally, I think I kicked that exam's arse. It was Ayer, and the design argument was the key bit of the passage I thought. Wrote about nine sides all in all, finished just in time, think I got the proportions of part a and b and the conclusion perfectly. Very happy, should easily get my c, think I'll have hit well into b

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Last exam is done, 3 months of freedom

ReputationRep:
    Aren't we not meant to not talk about this yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sherlockedd)
    Aren't we not meant to not talk about this yet?
    Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackhayes74)
    Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Isn't there like a thing with edexcel where you can only talk about the paper a set amount of time after it? Or is that a different board? :L

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, no discussion of the exam yet, on pain of a dissaproving look from Edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    For Edexcel: for morning exams, please wait until midnight (UK time) before starting any discussions. For afternoon exams, wait until 4:30 am (UK time).

From the exam guideline thing of TSR

ReputationRep:
    Isn't there like a thing with edexcel where you can only talk about the paper a set amount of time after it? Or is that a different board? :L
    Ooh that's interesting and odd! I thought they wouldn't care!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackhayes74)
    Oh Jesus.. just edited my post, I thought that all exam boards didn't care once the exam was finished. Lets just say I'm happier about finishing my exams than I thought I would be this morning... That may just be due to the fact that I've spent all afternoon in the pub spending my pay cheque!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I read through the exammy things before writing anything in Jan. And I've still got two exams left :/

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I read through the exammy things before writing anything in Jan. And I've still got two exams left :/
    This is the first exam period I've been on TSR, I only joined to get help from others for the exam today! And aw no! What exams are they?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.