The Student Room Group

Do girls want to pull in clubs?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Some do, some don't. Many will go out with their girl friends while they're in relationships just to have a fun night out with the girls.
Reply 41
Original post by joker12345
I go out a lot, but I've never got with a guy in a club and don't intend to either, don't see the appeal.
I don't really understand girls who make a massive distinction between any other sexual activity and making out - surely kissing is just a precursor to other stuff? So if you don't like doing things with a stranger you wouldn't want to kiss them either.

I imagine a similar one to that the Police make regarding public performance of each act, getting with someone is quite a bit less intimate than shagging them.

Some places do have that sort of rule though, lived in France for a year and getting with someone there basically meant 'right, yours or mine?'.
Original post by eliza.anne
SUCH a shame you didn't go home with him afterwards. Imagine all the jokes...'I enjoyed a footlong that night...the sandwich was good too.' :colone:

:teehee: I clearly wasted a golden pun opportunity there!
Original post by roh
I imagine a similar one to that the Police make regarding public performance of each act, getting with someone is quite a bit less intimate than shagging them.

Some places do have that sort of rule though, lived in France for a year and getting with someone there basically meant 'right, yours or mine?'.

Obviously they're different and one's more intimidate, just seems that if people find sex with a stranger disgusting they wouldn't want to kiss them. Like, say if someone waited till a committed relationship for sex they'd make out with someone they went on a date or something.
Reply 44
Obviously they're different and one's more intimidate, just seems that if people find sex with a stranger disgusting they wouldn't want to kiss them. Like, say if someone waited till a committed relationship for sex they'd make out with someone they went on a date or something.

Theres quite a difference between a kiss and having sex though, as roh said kissing is less intimate than having sex. Also with kissing theres obviously no risk of pregnancy or catching an STI plus you dont have to remove items of clothing to kiss someone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
I don't believe in sex before marriage and think all discos should be closed down.

How can you grind against a man while dancing? Do you not get embarrassed?

You and thoyub would get on well..
I havent been to a club in a long time but I always had a boyfriend and wasnt interested in that. Now i'm single I still dont think I'd be interested in getting off with strangers, dont like the thought of it. I'd want to get to know them first
Original post by gemmam
Theres quite a difference between a kiss and having sex though, as roh said kissing is less intimate than having sex. Also with kissing theres obviously no risk of pregnancy or catching an STI plus you dont have to remove items of clothing to kiss someone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should have read my post - like I said one is more intimate. To me it seems comparable to saying I'd let a complete stranger finger me but think it would be disgusting to have sex with them.
Some girls will, some girls won't. I don't go out with pulling in mind but that's just me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by eelnais
I go for the dancing and getting drunk and fun time, but if there's a guy there who's interested and I find them attractive I'll get with them. Then when the night's over if they want my number I give it to them and we can meet up again for a drink or whatever. I wouldn't go back to theirs - simply because I'm paranoid about going off alone strangers. :tongue:

I don't usually approach guys cause I'm stupidly shy at first but once a conversation is flowing I don't mind taking control from there.

Same!

I'm really shy so I'd never approach a guy myself.
Original post by cartman
When I go out girls come and dance with me. I suppose that's the great thing about being good looking.

:withstupid:
Reply 51
Original post by Anonymous

I know for most cases girls do not generally/never make the first move on a guy in a club (which can be quite annoying). So I also want to know why this is.

I think this is a myth. I've been asked to dance by girls many times and I presume that with every contact the girl did some part of the initiating whether that's looking or dancing next to the guy.
Reply 52
You should have read my post - like I said one is more intimate. To me it seems comparable to saying I'd let a complete stranger finger me but think it would be disgusting to have sex with them.

Youd probably find that most girls who wouldnt sleep with a stranger wouldnt let one finger them or do another lesser sex act either - although its still intimate kissing isnt generally considered to be a sex act. I did read your post I was just confirming what the other poster said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by gemmam
Youd probably find that most girls who wouldnt sleep with a stranger wouldnt let one finger them or do another lesser sex act either - although its still intimate kissing isnt generally considered to be a sex act. I did read your post I was just confirming what the other poster said.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, that's the point I was making, that to me it seems odd that people pretty much kiss anyone even though they wouldn't do anything else with them rather than it being a sliding scale with some level of intimacy for kissing and deepening intimacy got further stuff.
Reply 54
I don't go out with the intention of pulling, only to have fun and dance with my friends, but if a guy approaches me that I like then I will. This quite rare though!
No. When I get dragged to the club, I am there to dance and spend time with my friends because clubbing is an extremely rare night out for me. When I'm having a good time with my friends, I tend not to like some strange guy touching me - seriously, who tries to pull someone who is part of a huge group of friends already?! If they wanted to hook up, they'd separate.
I know, that's the point I was making, that to me it seems odd that people pretty much kiss anyone even though they wouldn't do anything else with them rather than it being a sliding scale with some level of intimacy for kissing and deepening intimacy got further stuff.

Most people don't consider a quick snog in a nightclub "intimacy" I'd say, they wouldn't even put it on the scale of sex acts.
Yes! And so do most of my friends, but i find it difficult to pull cause i want the guy to come to me and not me have to make the first move!
Reply 58
Original post by Anonymous
Just a question to all your girls out there (I'm a guy), if when you go clubbing do you have it in your mind that you want to pull a guy tonight ?

I know for most single men the answer is yes, that they would like to pull a girl (even just getting with a girl).

If you are a girl and you do want to pull on a night out, would you ever approach a guy you liked the look of ? if not, why not?

I know for most cases girls do not generally/never make the first move on a guy in a club (which can be quite annoying). So I also want to know why this is.

Don't be a douchebag, girls who are easy like that want to spread something nasty.
I don't know about girls, but as a guy, I think it's important to be honest about your intentions from the offset. You have to make sure the girl knows it's only a casual thing, that's if you're having a ONS of course. I am assuming by "pull" you mean to have a ONS with? Nothing worse than beating around the bush with a girl you just want to spend the night with. If you are both game for it, then it's on! If she refuses, there's always other girls in that club who will.

I know that maybe comes across as "sleazy" but it's actually honesty. Would girls rather a guy beat around the bush and pretend they are interested, or for a guy to be honest and say what he wants?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending