Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any woman who wants to stay beautiful needs to diet every day watch

ReputationRep:
    Brick is officially the biggest imbecile on the planet.
    but remember fellow women, we are all obviously jealous of her. We are all mongrels in comparison.:rolleyes:

Never actually known a more thick-skinned or deluded woman to ever exist!

ReputationRep:
    My god, she is seriously lucky that she isn't sick :eek: - I mean bodily sick, since of course she's got a mental problem. Not to speak of the ugly husband... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It must be disappointing to diet all your life and still be Samantha Brick at the end of it.

ReputationRep:
    I hate her. She's not even that slim herself, size 12 is normal. Telling a fat person theyre fat and disgusting will never change anything, if someone told me I was a big disgusting fatty I'd order a Dominos on the spot to spite them. The issue is that people are more unhealthy and because there's no education about healthy eating in schools or anything you can't really blame fat people. I've never been very fat (size 12 biggest at 5'9) but I didn't eat my 5 a day until I was 18 and realised I wanted to be more healthy. Even if she does hate fat people for being fat (which is in itself completely vile and shallow) she's really not helping anything by banging on about how fat people are. Plus if any man ever said he'd divorce me for getting fat I'd divorce him for being a complete *******. Most ridiculous excuse for an 'article' ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobifier)
    It must be disappointing to diet all your life and still be Samantha Brick at the end of it.
    This is very true. I'd rather be obese than wake up as Samantha Brick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krack)
    Size 14 is fat, over the years the average has gone up because women are getting fatter, in 2000 it increased to 14 from a size 12 and in 2009-2010 the average went up again to 16 from 14. In the last 20 years women have increased the average dress size by 2 sizes, 2 sizes! :eek:

This is a worrying trend, a very worrying trend that needs to be stopped, while I don't agree with Brick and her methods she does have a point about dress sizes.
    I have clothes in my wardrobe from an 8 to a 14. Am I fat or skinny? :rolleyes: Seriously judging how 'fat' someone is by clothes size is really idiotic. What about someone with big tits who has to size up? What about someone muscular? What if they're tal?

And so what if they're ****ing fat? It's none of your business tbqf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasterJomi)
    Have you not stopped to think that maybe then the average women in the UK is overweight?... Average =/= Healthy.

There's a growing issue with obesity in this country so it only makes sense that clothes sizes will follow.
    I agree that the average may not necessarily be what's healthy, but the fact that she describes somebody who is thinner than average as fat still seems a bit ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    It's such utter, awful, backwards rubbish. Does she not realize how damaging her articles are to all those young internet surfers with the pro-ana/mia blogs?

And, also, one of the most beautiful/sexy/amazing/feminine/gorgeous/wonderful woman was Marilyn Monroe. And she was a size 16. And her image is still used today, 50 years after she died. So that article, written by an oppressed, confused journalist, is wrong imo.

But I sort of feel sorry for Samantha, because I think she has issues she needs to work out. e.g. she has to accept the chocolates from the dinner guest ...the dinner guest was being nice...

the meaning of life is not to be skinny...it is to have fun and eat chocolates with friends...

Sorry to preach...but sometimes I like to get up on the soapbox...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BingTaoBing)
    It's such utter, awful, backwards rubbish. Does she not realize how damaging her articles are to all those young internet surfers with the pro-ana/mia blogs?

And, also, one of the most beautiful/sexy/amazing/feminine/gorgeous/wonderful woman was Marilyn Monroe. And she was a size 16. And her image is still used today, 50 years after she died. So that article, written by an oppressed, confused journalist, is wrong imo.

But I sort of feel sorry for Samantha, because I think she has issues she needs to work out. e.g. she has to accept the chocolates from the dinner guest ...the dinner guest was being nice...

the meaning of life is not to be skinny...it is to have fun and eat chocolates with friends...

As much as I agree with everything else you've said, Marilyn Monroe was not a modern size 16 by any stretch of the imagination. She had a really small hourglass figure, not sure why everyone assumes she was a big lady!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    As much as I agree with everything else you've said, Marilyn Monroe was not a modern size 16 by any stretch of the imagination. She had a really small hourglass figure, not sure why everyone assumes she was a big lady!
    Perhaps size 16 was an exaggeration. But she didn't look like Kate Moss.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps size 16 was an exaggeration. But she didn't look like Kate Moss.
    True. But she still looks skinnier than Samantha Brick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    True. But she still looks skinnier than Samantha Brick.
    And she drank Coke...and so did Jane...

ReputationRep:
    No wonder the woman can't get pregnant. Did anyone else read her article the other day saying she wishes IVF had never been invented because it didn't work for her. She is the most annoying troll on the internet

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else see;

"The logic is simple and irrefutable: any self-respecting woman wants to be thin, and to be thin you need to spend your life on a diet."?

I refute this logic. You just need to be active and eat normally.

ReputationRep:

Monroe was never a 16, it's internet lies.

ReputationRep:
    I could draw parallels between her and the Westboro Baptist Church.

They both want media attention and are getting it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heirloom)
    No wonder the woman can't get pregnant. Did anyone else read her article the other day saying she wishes IVF had never been invented because it didn't work for her. She is the most annoying troll on the internet
    Dear God

ReputationRep:
    I spend my life dieting. It's called the "Eat lots of food that makes you happy and occasionally make an effort to eat vegetables to ward off scurvy" diet. I'm feeling a tad smug now that I'm a size smaller than Samantha Brick AND I get to enjoy food. It's a damn good feeling. If I have enough money I intend to spend a fair amount of time going out for nice meals, because it's one of the best things ever. Must be miserable to be on a diet all the time, I feel sorry for her. She's clearly got issues. Or she's a stellar troll. Hoping the latter.

ReputationRep:
    It really is a terrible article. It does make it sound like she has an eating disorder.
    One thing that confuses me, allegedly her husband will leave her if she gets fat, but he is overweight himself :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaFa1237)
    I believe someone has never heard of such a thing called a healthy balanced diet.
    not even that, what about exercise?...fitness?

im not the healthiest guy in the world, so i cant really judge but come on... rather than throwing away anything that smells like food, how about having some food and exercising after?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.