Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khurumH)
    am I the only on that answered the quantum mechanics question?:afraid::afraid:
    where was that?!

ReputationRep:
    I sat my exam today too. I answered The Cosmological Argument and Psychology questions. I found the cosmological argument section easy- my teacher had recognised a pattern in the exam questions so we had practised that exact essay several times I had it practised down to a t! You had to refer back to how each way (motion, cause and contingency) rejected infinite regress and explain how Aquinas observed each way I simply linked observation by saying it is an a posteriori argument on my first paragraph and then explained observations of motion, cause and contingent matter. However- I was beginning to struggle with timing in psychology! Did anyone in their AO1 explain the things it asked but link it to how it challenged religion? I have and I'm fearing I have answered it completely wrong!

ReputationRep:
    Design argument was a breeze so hopefully I got full marks :>

Miracles was quite hard...

Hopefully i get more than a B this time -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOONA.)
    I did them too I don't think it was easy though
    I thought the last question about Jung was really hard and also the first one about infinite regress, I hope they lower the grade boundaries.
    I found the ao1 for psychology the hardest as it didn't have any actual opportunity to keep linking back to the question as it was only asking us to explain two things- threw me a bit- the ao2 was quite easy I thought I just struggled with timing- Cosmo questions were brilliant I thought- the infinite chain of regress required us to link each way to why Aquinas rejects infinite motion, cause and contingency basically at the end of each way we were required to say something along the lines of 'if there was an infinite chain of motion- there would be no first mover and in effect no universe because without a first mover the universe would not have been brought into existence as it would have had to be the cause of itself- this it would have had to exist before it existed which is illogical' and just basically say similar things regarding cause and contingency- just a short sentence at the end to summarise each way would have been fine. Good luck I'm sure you will have done just fine! ������

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katyclark)
    I sat my exam today too. I answered The Cosmological Argument and Psychology questions. I found the cosmological argument section easy- my teacher had recognised a pattern in the exam questions so we had practised that exact essay several times I had it practised down to a t! You had to refer back to how each way (motion, cause and contingency) rejected infinite regress and explain how Aquinas observed each way I simply linked observation by saying it is an a posteriori argument on my first paragraph and then explained observations of motion, cause and contingent matter. However- I was beginning to struggle with timing in psychology! Did anyone in their AO1 explain the things it asked but link it to how it challenged religion? I have and I'm fearing I have answered it completely wrong!
    Oh that makes me feel so much better - if you practiced it loads and that's the perfect essay answer then I feel great cos that's pretty much exactly what I wrote! thanks!

for Psychology AO1 I noticed that it only said link repressed guilt to religion, and the other bullet point was just 'explain the theory of archetypes'. So I literally just wrote what an archetype was and some examples. I don't think you should have written about how it challenged religion because that wasn't the question?
    in AO2 however you should have written how Jung challenged religion - that's what I found hardest. But don't worry - for AO1 nothing was needed for arguments against religion - normally the two questions are linked but this one wasn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richarddawkins)
    Oh that makes me feel so much better - if you practiced it loads and that's the perfect essay answer then I feel great cos that's pretty much exactly what I wrote! thanks!

for Psychology AO1 I noticed that it only said link repressed guilt to religion, and the other bullet point was just 'explain the theory of archetypes'. So I literally just wrote what an archetype was and some examples. I don't think you should have written about how it challenged religion because that wasn't the question?
    in AO2 however you should have written how Jung challenged religion - that's what I found hardest. But don't worry - for AO1 nothing was needed for arguments against religion - normally the two questions are linked but this one wasn't
    Aw good- I didn't necessarily focus on how each thing challenged religion just a small sentence I explained that religion was a coping mechanism for the guilt we feel from the Oedipus complex so we turn to religion and use sublimation through rituals which helps us please the ID (I.e killing our father by eating the eaucharist) but also worshipping him too as this would please the superego- I explained the structure of the mind. I just then said at the end of that part of the essay that it can be seen as a challenge to religion because it claims we only have religion to deal with the Oedipus which is offensive to Christians.
    For Jung I explained what archetypes were and where they come from and why we generate them- and said it can be seen as a challenge to religion as god and the self archetypes are considered to be the same which is blasphemous to theists- so I think I should be okay I really focused the challenge bit for the ao2 rather than going off on a tangent I only briefly touched on the challenge- but it was kind of relevant. I found the Ao2 really easy for psychology- it was generally an easy going paper but the ao1 for psychology threw me slightly. Good luck' x

ReputationRep:
    I can't find anything on the specification that relates to the AO2 for Euthanasia which is a bit weird. It threw be surprise as I was expecting something along the lines of if it is good or if religious people can accept it. Not a question on whether or not the views are relevant!

ReputationRep:
    Near enough 24hours have gone, let the discussion begin!

-Philosophy of religion was so much easier than ethics. Did Religious experience and Atheism & Postmodernism for that.

Not even lying euthanasia question on the ethics paper was fairly hard, regret not doing utilitarianism now!

Oohh before I forget, if you did the euthanasia one, what did you write for the AO2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just been reading all your comments.. For philosophy of religion I put most of the stuff down which you guys are saying so thats good! But for cosmological I'm so scared. My mind went blank all i could think about was pizza :s and also you know for utilitarianism did you refer to the hedonic calculus and what situation did you apply it to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richarddawkins)
    where was that?!
    the unit 4 paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onoderas)
    Yep that's true! Just worried that since there was so much to write about they expected so much back. Did you go through race, gender and disability pointing out how they can be seen as equal or not? I mainly stuck to Christianity but referred to the Nation of Islam to support racial difference/inequality
    Yeah, I also did that. You've got to admit that was a nice question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOONA.)
    Yeah, I also did that. You've got to admit that was a nice question
    Glad someone else did too just got a bit worried that difference didn't mean inequality but it's reassuring now! And it was now I think about it, just so glad self-sacrifice didn't come up! AO2 question was fine especially

(Original post by foolishlywise)
    Oohh before I forget, if you did the euthanasia one, what did you write for the AO2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought it was hard too, really unexpected question. I wrote a quote from John Paul, said how it must be relevant if leaders are still giving views, then said Fletcher supports it so perhaps religion is changing it's views making arguments against no longer relevant. Then talked about how they are because of the hospice movement as it was Christian in origin, but then said it doesn't account for all people (psychological trauma) so the views are irrelevant as hospice support is not enough, then finished with Singer claiming the Sanctity of Life ethic needs to collapse. How about you?!

ReputationRep:
    Did anybody do the Old Testament part of the syllabus?? Where they asked about Exodus etc?

ReputationRep:
    hello, i did the utilitarianism and abortion and euthanasia question
    i struggled on part a of the utilitarianism question, how were we meant to be answering the question or what were we meant to include on happiness for the greatest number and the consequences of an action.. also were we meant to include examples?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.