ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jarred)
    I think once I get used to it, I'll see it as a positive change.
    What I don't like however is the font change. I don't have a very good memory so I have forgotten already what the old one was? Does anyone know? The new one makes bills in the MHoC look wrong.
    Your username describes what everyone felt when they refreshed their browser. JARRED

ReputationRep:
    Nobody liked the last big update and very few like this one, why do people insist on fixing something that is not broken.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it. Eventually I'll get used to it... Then, no doubt, it will be changed again.

The cycle continues.

Edit: I do like the stars next to thread titles indicating I'm subscribed to it. Much easier to see which ones I'm subscribed to now.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by kidomo)
    Your username describes what everyone felt when they refreshed their browser. JARRED
    :rofl:

I remember back to the last major update. Nobody liked it initially, but people grew into it afterwards. If they could at least revert back to the previous font, I would be happy enough.

ReputationRep:
    I think it looks good but I think the difference between a read and unread title under "Who Quoted Me" should be bigger
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    This post has been made in Garamond and yet I see some kind of sans serif font.
    My signature uses Georgia and yet I see the sans serif font.
    A bill I posted uses Palatino and yet I see sans serif.

My question is; is this a mistake or has the capability to use nice fonts been removed? They do work just fine in preview mode however, which is a little bit disorientating as it now means things look very different in preview than they do when you actually post them.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Jarred)
    This post has been made in Garamond and yet I see some kind of sans serif font.
    My signature uses Georgia and yet I see the sans serif font.
    A bill I posted uses Palatino and yet I see sans serif.

My question is; is this a mistake or has the capability to use nice fonts been removed? They do work just fine in preview mode however, which is a little bit disorientating as it now means things look very different in preview than they do when you actually post them.
    It could be a bug.

We'll do some testing and see what's happening

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I should be an actor playing myself in a cartoon when posting.

ReputationRep:
    It's really bad, looks really child-like. Why do you keep changing things that don't need to be changed?

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't aware TSR catered to primary school children.

ReputationRep:
    The font.....ewww :/

ReputationRep:
    Did you make the font even smaller?

ReputationRep:
    Why is this so colourful?!?!?! :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

ReputationRep:
    Overall I like the new design, although I definitely agree that the drop shadow is a bit pointless and behind-trend.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Love it! I like how the rest of the forum is finally fitting in with the header design.

Did make a few minor changes to increase the padding on widgets and font size though :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I despise this new layout personally, it seems way too bright and stands out to a point where its bad

ReputationRep:
    Annie Apple, Bouncing Ben, Clever Cat... Oh sorry, for a moment there I thought I was back in infant school. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redolent)
    Also what is this "Meet the community" on the homepage thing supposed to be used for? It's just a bunch of pictures
    It's to help the people who pay for branded accounts community experts feel like they're getting something for their money.

ReputationRep:
    Nooooooo!! :lolwut: Simples good, but it has to be done right, not a half assed job like this! Some images don't even match up, just to insult the bad design.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.