Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your Least Favourite Fictional Characters? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Edna from emmerdale!! i wish she would just die

ReputationRep:
    Lord Henry Wotton from The Picture of Dorian Gray.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma122)
    Harry potter, but only the film version, the book version I like, I think Daniel Radcliff is not that good, although he does look the part.
    I always saw him as taller and scruffier, he looks most like the way I imagine Harry in the 3rd film, after that he doesn't. But you can't tell how tall an 11 year old is going to grow when you cast them. I agree though, he's just all angst in the films, in the books he's got more to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plainview)
    Lord Henry Wotton from The Picture of Dorian Gray.
    I love your sig!! I also love Lord Henry though, why don't you like him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    I love your sig!! I also love Lord Henry though, why don't you like him?
    Thanks! I just don't like the whole Wilde philosophy, which he often plugs via Henry, about art being better than nature and all of that. I find it very superficial and life-denying. To be honest I got quite bored of Wotton's witticisms as well, most of which just seemed to me to be phrases which are as far from truth as possible. Some were just offensive ("women are a decorative sex"). I know he's supposed to be shocking, but I just didn't enjoy reading most of what he had to say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plainview)
    Thanks! I just don't like the whole Wilde philosophy, which he often plugs via Henry, about art being better than nature and all of that. I find it very superficial and life-denying. To be honest I got quite bored of Wotton's witticisms as well, most of which just seemed to me to be phrases which are as far from truth as possible. Some were just offensive ("women are a decorative sex"). I know he's supposed to be shocking, but I just didn't enjoy reading most of what he had to say
    I just don't take him very seriously, so I quite enjoy him

ReputationRep:
    Cersei Lannister and little walder and big walder ( hate them more than the actual walder frey)form the a song of ice and fire novels
    The Frenchmen in the matrix
    Tracey Barlow (who ever plays her is a terrible actress) and the fireman from corrie
    Cameron and Declan from emmerdale
    Spider-Man in Spider-Man 3 when he wears the symbote suite

ReputationRep:
    Tiberius from Spartacus

ReputationRep:
    Does God count? Specifically what humans - both theists and atheists, alike - believe about "Him".
    (Spoiler gives context.)

Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't have a problem with the concept of god. I was born and raised Muslim and left the religion well over a year ago. I'm still a theist. If faith was like music genres, I'd be "Alternative Theist".
    Anyway, since I left the religion I've had so many battles to deal with and these battles have made me lose and regain my faith and belief in god. For so many years (including the time I was Muslim) I had what I thought was an atypical belief regarding god which, I only found out today, sort of resembles the philosophical concept of the 'Absolute'. Now, forgive me for not knowing these already established concepts but for someone with somewhat of a philosophical mind, I've never had the chance to study Philosophy so slowly I'm finding out that my own theories have already been thought of and established. Like the damn Absolute. I felt so smart for thinking that I thought of an unestablished concept :rant: The same thing happened when I told my Psychology teacher that I think all humans are born bisexual. Apparently Freud thought of it first. :getmecoat:

Basically, I just really dislike the idea that humans have turned the concept of 'god' into a human: We're petty so we believe god is petty. We're malicious so we believe god is malicious. We're giving and accepting of those who are similar to us and those who give to us so we believe god only accepts his followers - those who give to him. We've given what should be a concept (the god concept) anthropomorphic qualities because for some reason, in order to understand this concept, we need to imagine it as being almost exactly like us - a human being - a fictional character.

tl;dr we see god as we see ourselves. For something so perfect, the god concept shouldn't have any flaws. Humans have too many flaws. Therefore, Abrahamic God can't be anything like what god should be because Abrahamic god is just mean and not understanding. At. All.

ReputationRep:
    It's a valid point, but he's just so easy to dislike, I literally don't care about how good he is at everything else, he's got his head stuck up his own backside half the time and completely inflexible, which makes him a danger to my favourite characters so I dislike him. Renly would have been a terrible King but of the Baratheons he was the most likeable. To be honest, I don't mind who gets Westeros as long as Arya is alright, she's my favourite.
    Personally, I think Stannis would be the best king of the contenders. Or
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Aegon

[A Dance With Dragons spoiler]

ReputationRep:
    I don't like Dany either. I did to start with, she became incredibly irritating a few books in though. She's just a silly little girl who's more like her brother than she likes to believe. I suppose she's well-written in the sense that a lot of 15 year olds would be as silly and stubborn as she is, but that doesn't make her any easier to get on with. Plus poor Jorah.
    She's so selfish and has her head stuck up her arse. She'd rather think about getting boned by Daario. She's too much of a soft touch. I think she's going to go Targ-insane soon

ReputationRep:
    Never liked Wendy from Peter Pan.

ReputationRep:
    My least favourite would have to be bella swan and edward cullen i would have said joffrey baratheon but im supposed to hate him which makes his a pretty good actor

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yay to arya being the best

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gumtrees)
    She's so selfish and has her head stuck up her arse. She'd rather think about getting boned by Daario. She's too much of a soft touch. I think she's going to go Targ-insane soon
    Definitely. Also I agree about your other post. Not Stannis, the other one.

ReputationRep:
    Sally from Peanuts and Maddie from Jonathan Creek both seem to be extremely spiteful and selfish with absolutely no redeeming features.

ReputationRep:
    Wall-E. I tremble for future generations if they are faced with THE most boring robot in human history. I think he and his girlfriend have some sort of Tourette's.

Wall-E: Eva
    Eva: Wall-E

As i said, crucifing-ly boring. I say we strike it from Disney/Pixar records and erase every scrap of proof it ever existed, so noone can reproduce his memory.
    Seriosuly tho, easily the worst Disney/Pixar movie EVER

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clayton2k14)
    Wall-E. I tremble for future generations if they are faced with THE most boring robot in human history. I think he and his girlfriend have some sort of Tourette's.

As i said, crucifing-ly boring. I say we strike it from Disney/Pixar records and erase every scrap of proof it ever existed, so noone can reproduce his memory.
    Seriosuly tho, easily the worst Disney/Pixar movie EVER
    Cars is the worst Pixar movie, haven't seen Cars 2 but heard it's as bad/worse.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the entire population was in universal agreement to pretend Cars never happened

ReputationRep:
    Damon Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries. Oh, so much.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.