Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Outrage at Syrian rebel shown 'eating soldier's heart' Watch

ReputationRep:
    I used to hate America for drone attacks, don't even care any more. Atleast not for Syria, both sides are inhumane and should not be considered humans. The whole country is hell. May aswell take out the whole country with a drone strike to end the misery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ESPORTIVA)
    I've seen the video it wasnt that bad at all so if anyone wants to view it go ahead.

The guy holds the heart and says something to the camera (sort of like the mexican cartel videos)

then it looks like he takes a nibble out of the heart before the video suddenly ends.

But im not suprised at all that this is happening. War is hell. Anything goes.

Even the zetas wont do this.

How do you sleep at night after doing something like this? And we are supporting these guys........
    It shows you that there is no "good" or "bad" side. In this war, both sides have committed war crimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    :rofl:

No one is fighting for democracy in the ME, least of all al Qaeda's Syria branch ("Free" Syria Army).

The part that permits terrorism. He wasn't eating that guy because he was hungry, he wanted to make a video to show "look, we are really scary", i.e., terrorise.

Have you seen the other ones where they force children to behead people?

Ask your Imams at Green Lane mosque why your religion allows this stuff.

Personally I did not take a side at the beginning, because Assad is an aresehole, but now, it is clear he is the lesser of two evils. I hope he turns the FSA and every other Salafi in Syria into dog meat.
    Right. You clearly don't know much about the conflict. Arresting, castrating and torturing a child to death is something the FSA/JAN have not been guilty of unlike Assad's filthy men.

10 things worse than eating a dead man's heart:

http://racanarchy.com/2013/05/15/10-...ad-mans-heart/

Edit: The Prophet Muhammad (saw) forbade the desecration of the body of enemies anyway.. and the FSA have said they will investigate this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GPODT)
    Right. You clearly don't know much about the conflict. Arresting, castrating and torturing a child to death is something the FSA/JAN have not been guilty of unlike Assad's filthy men.

10 things worse than eating a dead man's heart:

http://racanarchy.com/2013/05/15/10-...ad-mans-heart/

Edit: The Prophet Muhammad (saw) forbade the desecration of the body of enemies anyway.. and the FSA have said they will investigate this.
    They engage in massacres all the time, eg today http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...eda-group.html

The video is the second in two days to show such executions by fighters who say they are from al Qaeda-linked groups.

The FSA realise what a PR **** up it was.

ReputationRep:
    They engage in massacres all the time, eg today http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...eda-group.html

The video is the second in two days to show such executions by fighters who say they are from al Qaeda-linked groups.

The FSA realise what a PR **** up it was.
    Are you seriously comparing the execution of enemy combatants to the random massacre of civilians? Can't say I have much sympathy for the men executed though, shouldn't have been murdering innocent people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GPODT)
    Are you seriously comparing the execution of enemy combatants to the random massacre of civilians? Can't say I have much sympathy for the men executed though, shouldn't have been murdering innocent people.
    they'll take any Alawite they can get. Doesn't have to be involved.

ReputationRep:
    they'll take any Alawite they can get. Doesn't have to be involved.
    Where is your evidence? Last time I checked it isn't the Alawites being massacred in the thousands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GPODT)
    Where is your evidence? Last time I checked it isn't the Alawites being massacred in the thousands.
    No, but once the Assad Government collaspes, get prepared for another genocide. Mark my words!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Type 052D)
    No, but once the Assad Government collaspes, get prepared for another genocide. Mark my words!
    When the Assad regime falls, there will be a war between the secularists (aided by the West of course) and the Islamists.

ReputationRep:
    The Assad regime IS secularist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GHSilver)
    The Assad regime IS secularist.
    that's why them, not Free "Syrian" Army should get a western help. Not troops, but intel, weapons etc
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    This is what happens when you leave a conflict to fester. Should have picked a side or gotten involved back when the fighting started befoee everyone in Syria turned into an Islamist lunatic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is why secular dictators are needed in the Middle East, to keep ****ing animals like this in check. If you expect Syria to become a democracy when/if Assad gets toppled, you're deluded. It'll be a paradise for Muslim men, for everyone else it'll be hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    This is what happens when you leave a conflict to fester. Should have picked a side or gotten involved back when the fighting started befoee everyone in Syria turned into an Islamist lunatic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "everyone" ....
    Syria is still secular; Salafists are still being Wahhabists.

I think America sided on the wrong team here. You'll notice that whence you've seen 7 men being executed by one idiot under the Al Qaeda flag at the "trial" of the "Sharia" court of Eastern Homs. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    All im going to say is read the news more often about the attrocities committed by the rebels, dont come back with the arguement about the government this debate is solely on the rebels.

Yes because one man doing his job deserves to have his heart cut out and nibbled on like a corn dog? and please dont exagerate syria was one of the most peaceful of the arab countries untill the place exploded and the terrorists got involved. Besides please humour me as to the brutality of the dictatorship, im not saying they were saints but they didnt have roaming death squads mowing down civillians and bombing people for the ****s of it? in fact they sound remarkably similar to what the US does, theyre just open about it... isnt that funny?
    (Original post by GPODT)
    This picture summarises the majority of you

Of course I don't agree with his action but put yourself into his shoes. He's seen this soldier rape and murder innocent civilians on the soldier's phone( or so he claims). And even if that particular story is a lie, he will have definitely witnessed the aftermath of bloodbaths. The events in Syria can turn a man crazy and that is what has happened here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find the systematic murder of children 100x more horrifying than the desecration of the body of a combatant

It was. It was very secular and it had the jews, alwites, sunnis, shiites, christians all living pretty much happily in one nation. Now you get Salafi sunnis who cannot wait to impose Sharia law and jump/rape/kill any Shiite they may see. (These pictures of dead children were mostl likely done/taken by FSA because if Assad was doing this how could he be walking around Damascus without any noticeable guards before hopping unto his 2013 porsche?) The government would have been overthrown LONG ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iSoftie)
    It was. It was very secular and it had the jews, alwites, sunnis, shiites, christians all living pretty much happily in one nation. Now you get Salafi sunnis who cannot wait to impose Sharia law and jump/rape/kill any Shiite they may see. (These pictures of dead children were mostl likely done/taken by FSA because if Assad was doing this how could he be walking around Damascus without any noticeable guards before hopping unto his 2013 porsche?) The government would have been overthrown LONG ago.
    Lol oh please.. Your argument is ridiculous, just because Assad is able to travel in the capital city does NOT mean that his men were not responsible for many massacres. There are so many videos of Assad's men raping/torturing innocent civilians. At least the FSA (whatever faults they may have) do not target civilians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GPODT)
    Lol oh please.. Your argument is ridiculous, just because Assad is able to travel in the capital city does NOT mean that his men were not responsible for many massacres. There are so many videos of Assad's men raping/torturing innocent civilians. At least the FSA (whatever faults they may have) do not target civilians.
    Show me one. All I see is dead SHIA children. FSA ass holes could have shot them and put them online.

Oh and according to some extremist ayatollahs its alright to rape Shia/"Shabibha" people in Syria.
    Assad would have long been overthrown if he's country wasn't fighting actual terrorists/jihadis. You can only pay a man so much.
    Show me one video that you claim to have seen, I'll show you a 100 of Jihadis causing mischief in poor Syria. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GPODT)
    I can't vouch for the source, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3272610.html

The group said that at least 41,000 of those confirmed killed were Alawites, the sect of President Bashar al-Assad.

Call it what it is: a sectarian war. It has nothing to do with freedom or democracy. That ship sailed long ago.

Now it's just savage v savage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GPODT)
    Prove it.
    Its a war, everyone targets civillians... its part of simple doctrine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh and that would have turned out oh so well wouldnt it. Why does no one ever look at the history books in these situations..?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 3, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.