Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a break and having my dinner haha... Calm down! Even less will go in if you panick! You'll be fine! And I'm doing a foundation year as the uni I want to go to requires it so I can retake the exam next year if I don't do as well as I want fortunately xx

ReputationRep:
    Im so glad I found this thread, am now revising ethics!!
    For the people asking about iconic designers, capri pants etc...this pp might help

technology may come up as it hasnt in a few years
    good luck tomorrow everyone!
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: ppt Designers and Iconic Designs.ppt (982.0 KB, 1041 views)

ReputationRep:
    I can't actually believe how much I'm panicking! Been trying to sleep since half 11 and I've given up now so I'm just going to revise, this has never ever happened before hahahahah!

ReputationRep:
    Know how you feel! Managed to actually get to sleep at 1030 now been up since 430 worrying! This is going to go so badly

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone <3 hoping we have good questions and we manage to write in straight neat lines even though they give us PLAIN PAPER (still bitter about this - who writes essays on plain paper?!) xx

ReputationRep:
    Never knew they gave is plain paper hahah oh god mine will be nice and diagonal!! Good luck!xxx

ReputationRep:
    They do? I swear I get a lines paper booklet! God I think I'm having a mental breakdown lol

ReputationRep:
    Well despite having to use plain paper suppose it wasn't too bad! What questions did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma0102)
    Well despite having to use plain paper suppose it wasn't too bad! What questions did you do?
    I did the fashion question (1) and the comfort question (2) from section A and the dyeing and colourfast question (4) from section B! I wanted to do the cushion one is my third but was really running out of time so had to do the comfort one as it looked more do-able in 20 minutes! What did you do?x

ReputationRep:
    From section 1 I did question one, I talked about the swinging sixties, Mary Quant and about rising youth culture, and then about woman's role and mentioned WW1 and how there was a demand for more freeing clothing for women, mentioning Coco Chanel as an example.
    Then I did the adapting trouser question with the parts about CAM and JIT. Then for the third question I went back to section 1 and did the question about trade fairs and sales reports and then the environment and ethical issues!
    It went better then i thought, I think, but the plain paper threw me!

ReputationRep:
    I did question 1 and did war and conflict, and the role of women. Then did question 5 with the cushion and 6 with the trousers. Got a bit stuck trying to write 12 marks worth on CAM!
    Plain paper was ridiculous mines so messy I'll probably lose marks haha. But it's over now!!x

ReputationRep:
    I did the youth one and war and conflict then the comfort and designing question! I kind of ran out of time though haha, oh well. Glad that's over with! Probably could have done better though sigh

ReputationRep:
    My comfort answers were awful!! I didn't really know what they were classing as modern? I put lycra in the first party about fibres and not the second part about modern materials as I was like surely Lycra can't b classed as modern! So I only really spoke about gore tex andstomatex and tencel - don't see how that will get anywhere near 16 marks! I did youth culture and women - but I thought it was a bit weird because the war changed the role o women? So I ended up writing about war for a lot of it haha, oh blimey xx

ReputationRep:
    I think the told of women was the adrojonous dressing in the 1920s! However I wasn't 100% sure so didn't write about that. I know haha, no way would I have got half of the 16 marks for the comfort question! Hopefully the grade boundaries are low... Hahaha

ReputationRep:
    I wrote something about coco Chanel for women. Probably not right! Wish we could get the results straight away all the waiting is horrible haha

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I talked about the Belle Époque and worth and s-bend corset, and then flappers and androgyny, Chanel, the two wars and power dressing - tried to cover all the bases haha! And I know!! Hate having to wait until August!xx

ReputationRep:
    Aaaggh, I didn't put the pen down once in this exam!! A friend in my class in front of me had finished like 15 minutes before the end and I was so shocked! I done the first question, about the rise of youth culture with the 20s and 60s, and then war and conflict with the first and second world wars and how all of these impacted the fashion of today. And then the cushion questions, I wanted to do the trouser question but my mind had gone blank on CAM so I did the question on the trade fairs.

Waiting for August is going to be killer!!! D:

ReputationRep:
    I finished 5 minutes early, I went in though thinking 2 hours was ages and would be finished ages before haha. Dreading results day!

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone do? Gah that was disappointing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilylawx)
    How did everyone do? Gah that was disappointing
    I got an E exam, alot of people from my school are getting a remark, i think the highest was a D

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.