Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_G)
    as illusionz said, the underground hip hop scene is brimming with artists that have talent way in excess of anything that Drake has ever come out with.
    It's so naive to say that all the success someone like drake has is from autotune. Also please explain the success of someone like jay z, he doesn't use autotune

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasolja123)
    hve no idea on who da **** u r on abat right now.
    you obviously hav NO taste in music if u dnt like LIL WAYNE!!!!!!!!
    wow how narrow minded

ReputationRep:
    I think one of my favourite rappers is easily Wiz Khalifa. What's everyone's opinion on him?

ReputationRep:
    IM BACK GUYS
    i kno u missed me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mistrykid)
    wow how narrow minded
    whatevs
    ppl hav actually sed i am AMAZING!!!-no kidding...

ReputationRep:
    Lil Wayne is trash. Ok, he's successful got alotta money but who gives a ****. He plays a part on making rap seem like a **** genre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_G)
    Lil Wayne has about as much musical talent as he does style. That is to say, none. None whatsoever. Kendrick Lamar and the rest of Black Hippy are dope as **** right now. The whole Beast Coast movement are becoming complete legends. Also started listening to Freddie Gibbs more recently, he's pretty special in the lyrics department.
    Joey Badass!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __Student__)
    Anyone heard Meek Mill's boy Lil Snupe

just heard nobody does it better and IT IS SICK!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I am certain none of you have ever heard of Rakim, Gangstaar, Big Daddy Kane, Big L, Big pun, Scarface to name a few. It is a shame. Atleast support modern great rappers like Nas or Jay z, and never say Lil Wayne is the best please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QUANTAM)
    I am certain none of you have ever heard of Rakim, Gangstaar, Big Daddy Kane, Big L, Big pun, Scarface to name a few. It is a shame. Atleast support modern great rappers like Nas or Jay z, and never say Lil Wayne is the best please.
    Lil wayne is da best...
    i just did

ReputationRep:
    Ofcourse I have, real rappers right there. Not a fan of Jay-z but Nas is definitely one of the best. My all time favorite are Bone Thugs though, no one will ever be as good as them.

ReputationRep:
    All the rappers you named are sick, my favourites out of them is gangstarr, RIP Guru.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Rap music rocks. =_=
    It's more profound than people think, it's not just about booty popping and weed. Plus all genres of music take something from it, a little something there and a little something here...dibble...dabble.

For example, the lead singer in Korn does his fair share of rapping, along with the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Two Door Cinema Club and Justin Biever. I can give examples if you're unsure.

I like some rap artists, and I'm into glitchy hip hop/ electronica/ funk.

A$Ap Rocky, Jay-Z, Chiddy Bang, Lil-Wayne are my favorites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reneetaylor)
    Rap music rocks. =_=
    It's more profound than people think, it's not just about booty popping and weed. Plus all genres of music take something from it, a little something there and a little something here...dibble...dabble.

For example, the lead singer in Korn does his fair share of rapping, along with the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Two Door Cinema Club and Justin Biever. I can give examples if you're unsure.

I like some rap artists, and I'm into glitchy hip hop/ electronica/ funk.

A$Ap Rocky, Jay-Z, Chiddy Bang, Lil-Wayne are my favorites.
    Asap Rocky-wild for the night is AMAZING!!!
    and lil wayne is obviously DA BEST

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shyamshah)
    All the rappers you named are sick, my favourites out of them is gangstarr, RIP Guru.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agreed Guru was sick, fav 'Moment of Truth'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KSVGE)
    Joey Badass!
    Joey Bada$$ indeed. The guy is 18 and can only improve for the next few years. Imagine when he's on top of his game.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by KSVGE)
    Ofcourse I have, real rappers right there. Not a fan of Jay-z but Nas is definitely one of the best. My all time favorite are Bone Thugs though, no one will ever be as good as them.

(Original post by shyamshah)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Best diss tracks?
    My favourites:
    Nas - Ether
    2Pac - Hit Em Up
    Biggie Smalls - Who Shot Ya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerd2)
    Best diss tracks?
    My favourites:
    Nas - Ether
    2Pac - Hit Em Up
    Biggie Smalls - Who Shot Ya
    Eazy E - Real mutha****in G's and No Vaseline too!

ReputationRep:
    T.I is just sick-especially go get it and memories back then!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7ay7ay)
    Eazy E - Real mutha****in G's and No Vaseline too!
    oh yeah, how could I forget 'Real mutha****in G's', classic!! No Vaseline is 'arrrd too!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.