Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I took my exam this afternoon and the reading was okay but the listening almost gave me a nervous breakdown- its was so hard!!!

I am just wondering what my overall mark would be??

I have a B for writing, D for speaking and I think I got a B in reading and a D/ lower C for listening but thats only if they lower the mark scheme.

How many marks are needed to pass the listening paper, is mid C 20 marks?

Its nice to see that so many of you guys are getting A's btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShelleyStudent)
    Did paco's parents want to go on a Mediterranean cruise?
    I put that too. I didn't actually hear it but guessed from the description of the holiday

ReputationRep:
    what was the accident in the reading paper?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the grade boundaries will be like? I thought that the listening was so difficult. Didn't have any problems with the reading, except the last question. It asked 'Why is success in latin america important to her?' What did people put for this question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Der_Linguist)
    Anyone know what the grade boundaries will be like? I thought that the listening was so difficult. Didn't have any problems with the reading, except the last question. It asked 'Why is success in latin america important to her?' What did people put for this question?
    I put 'because she writes magical realism and is one of the most exciting writers' or something - i'm pretty sure i dropped a mark there, because i had no idea what to write! the actual text said 'she is one of the most successful writers in latin america' so i'm not really sure what the answer they were expecting for that is. As for grade boundaries, for the reading a* will probably be 35/36, a 30/31, b 26/27 c 21/22 etc...for the listening i assume it'll be quite low, eg a*31/32, a 26/27 b 22/23 etc...I HOPE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LookIts_Liam)
    I put 'because she writes magical realism and is one of the most exciting writers' or something - i'm pretty sure i dropped a mark there, because i had no idea what to write! the actual text said 'she is one of the most successful writers in latin america' so i'm not really sure what the answer they were expecting for that is. As for grade boundaries, for the reading a* will probably be 35/36, a 30/31, b 26/27 c 21/22 etc...for the listening i assume it'll be quite low, eg a*31/32, a 26/27 b 22/23 etc...I HOPE
    Same as you. The question was completely pointless, and didn't really test anyone's spanish! Hoping for the best! After than listening disaster, maybe spanish a level isn't for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Der_Linguist)
    Same as you. The question was completely pointless, and didn't really test anyone's spanish! Hoping for the best! After than listening disaster, maybe spanish a level isn't for me!
    aha, agreed, I was thinking about doing spanish and french but now maybe i'll take maths instead of spanish...at least the boundaries will be low

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliciaalty)
    I put it was the driver going too fast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 96louise)
    I put it was the driver going too fast.
    so did i! well i put speeding, but thats the same thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliciaalty)
    I put the car was speeding

ReputationRep:
    Guys shall we see if we can remember all the questions, or at least the topics, for the listening, see if we can compile some sort of paper?

1. Her Saturday morning
    2. Job
    3. Birthday presents
    4. Illnesses
    5. Weekend
    6. Cruise
    7. Flat
    8. Issues of the generation

...if anyone can remember the specific questions, post them?

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys put for the question "How many people were injured in the crash" in the reading paper ?

I was undecided on whether to put 3 people or 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naomi288)
    What did you guys put for the question "How many people were injured in the crash" in the reading paper ?

I was undecided on whether to put 3 people or 5.
    I went with 3 injured as it said 2 died I think? Wasn't sure if that was classed as injured or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShelleyStudent)
    Did paco's parents want to go on a Mediterranean cruise?
    I think so, at least thats what I put

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna_1997)
    I thought the reading was easy and had no trouble with it, but the listening was much harder than I hoped. Now I'm really worried how I did and what my overall grade will be. For my 60% coursework I have an A* and I'm also targeted it, plus I'll be doing Spanish A level, so I would need minimum an A. Can you please tell me what would I need to achieve on the exams to keep my A* or at least get an A?? I'm really worried that I did bad and I might drop down to a B. Thanks
    I'm in the exact same situation as you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissLavender)
    Hi,

I took my exam this afternoon and the reading was okay but the listening almost gave me a nervous breakdown- its was so hard!!!

I am just wondering what my overall mark would be??

I have a B for writing, D for speaking and I think I got a B in reading and a D/ lower C for listening but thats only if they lower the mark scheme.

How many marks are needed to pass the listening paper, is mid C 20 marks?

Its nice to see that so many of you guys are getting A's btw
    you need 24/40 or around that for a C!

ReputationRep:
    can anyone remember the answers they got for the illnesses?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here do this exam?
    How did you find it? Personally, I found the listening to be much harder than the reading.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, did anyone else do edexcel spanish reading and listening yesterday? What did you think? I found the reading fine but hated the listening, I couldn't get any of the last question

ReputationRep:
    I found this listening exam so awful! The 2 main features of the kitchen were a dishwasher and a washing machine ( I got these wrong though ) I put that 3 people were injured in the accident..Paco's parents wanted to go on a cruise..and I put that the flat was near to everything, in the centre, it would be ready in the summer. Can anybody remember what the ticked for the birthday presents?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.