Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghostiee)
    Hi, I couldn't find them on the WJEC site either but I looked around online and found all past papers for IT3 on this site with mark schemes too: http://www.school-portal.co.uk/Group...vascript=False

It has the January 2013 one too
    thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iBlueBox)
    Question!

Do you have to answer the exam in order? Can I start with all the highest mark questions first and work through the paper that way?
    You can answer any question first

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else really nervous? I feel like I don't know anything and I'm finding it hard to revise!

i got a D in january so I'm hoping i can boost it up to a C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by embay95)
    Is anyone else really nervous? I feel like I don't know anything and I'm finding it hard to revise!

i got a D in january so I'm hoping i can boost it up to a C
    make sure you know databases, cause thats like 20 marks in the bag right there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alphadawg)
    make sure you know databases, cause thats like 20 marks in the bag right there
    And also human computer interface and also network topologIRS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keyan333)
    We do get a ridiculous amount of time to complete the paper. I usually finish with 1 hour to spare and I couldn't write any more.

Half the people started to leave with 45m to spare for it1 last Jan, including the ones who didn't revise and couldn't think of any more waffle to scribble down in hope that the examiner is somewhat High when marking their paper, leading to them actually a getting marks..... But of course that didn't happen!

Shame we didn't get the option to sit this exam in Jan, my college decided to do the coursework first.

Have you actually spent 2h 30m on an ict paper yet? And have you really needed all that time?

Luckily for me it'll be my last exam, so I hope the examiners let people leave who are begging to be set free like last time if they can't write any more!
    My college sat the exam in January (we did a couple of sections of coursework too though) and I do use all of the time.. but I think in Jan I did finish a little bit early, 10 minutes or so

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badbodydouble)
    My college sat the exam in January (we did a couple of sections of coursework too though) and I do use all of the time.. but I think in Jan I did finish a little bit early, 10 minutes or so

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah okay, so you must be pretty ready for it?

I just need to finish going over the section b questions. Section A is sorted out

ReputationRep:
    Anybody have the aqa january 2013 ict gcse paper/ms?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by workboy123)
    Anybody have the aqa january 2013 ict gcse paper/ms?

This is WJEC so no one on here will

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys just to say, this WJEC calulator shows exactly what ums marks you need to achieve your grades. It may be helpful.

for me i got 162 ums in AS and i got 98/100 raw marks in my coursework which will possibly be 78 ums i think. so i need about 80 ums (high C) at the minimum to achieve an A overall
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xlsx wjec_ums.xlsx (18.5 KB, 126 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keyan333)
    Ah okay, so you must be pretty ready for it?

I just need to finish going over the section b questions. Section A is sorted out
    Im going over section B too and the definitions of Data warehousing is different on each mark scheme which is exrtemely annoying. whats your definition for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iggyDash)
    Im going over section B too and the definitions of Data warehousing is different on each mark scheme which is exrtemely annoying. whats your definition for it
    My definition:
    A data warehouse is a database that stores an organisation's historical data which is used by an MIS to extract information to aid decision making.

ReputationRep:
    At what point of revision are you guys?

IM covering topics im unsure on like securty policies

ReputationRep:
    At what point of revision are you guys?

IM covering topics im unsure on like securty policies
    Ive gone through everything except for moral, ethical and social issues of the internet.. that question's just a pain so ive been putting it off lol

I need to make sure I get my head around security policies though because I keep getting the three sub topics (risk analysis, security policy, and disaster recovery plan) mixed up.

Also need to go through databases again so I can ensure I can get those high marks.

Should probably make sure I know all the definitions too.

Basically I just need to read through my notes again!

ReputationRep:
    Ive gone through everything except for moral, ethical and social issues of the internet.. that question's just a pain so ive been putting it off lol

I need to make sure I get my head around security policies though because I keep getting the three sub topics (risk analysis, security policy, and disaster recovery plan) mixed up.

Also need to go through databases again so I can ensure I can get those high marks.

Should probably make sure I know all the definitions too.

Basically I just need to read through my notes again!
    Yeah i hate them 8 marks about censorship and stuff arrghh

But im basically in the exact situation as you but im also revising for another exam (economics) which i have on that morning

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i hate them 8 marks about censorship and stuff arrghh

But im basically in the exact situation as you but im also revising for another exam (economics) which i have on that morning
    Same here except I'm doing computing instead! Wish i could just focus on ICT

ReputationRep:
    Guys what do we need to know about Database normalisation as I don't really understand that much.

ReputationRep:
    Guys what do we need to know about Database normalisation as I don't really understand that much.
    You need to be able to define normalisation, that's all

ReputationRep:
    You need to be able to define normalisation, that's all
    Oh I can do that, I thought we would have to explain the actual process.

How has everyone revised?

I've been creating a Pages document typing up notes from the book got around 30 pages so far,
    I've also made quick notes with Spider Diagrams
    Also past papers, along with mark schemes and examiners reports!

ReputationRep:
    Oh I can do that, I thought we would have to explain the actual process.

How has everyone revised?

I've been creating a Pages document typing up notes from the book got around 30 pages so far,
    I've also made quick notes with Spider Diagrams
    Also past papers, along with mark schemes and examiners reports!
    Nope! just the definition.
    I made notes for each topic, strictly from the mark schemes (id avoid the book at all costs.. but if it works for you thats fine! )
    Then I read each topic and did question paper questions on them after to reinforce them into my brain..
    Then I did the most recent paper to see how well I was coming along..
    Now Im just gonna read through it all again, maybe do one more paper just to make sure

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.