Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Room* A sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i've just emailed them, i hope because i applied through unite i'm not somewhere totally different worried now

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably wrong so no need to worry. I've heard a lot of foreign students are accommodated here though?

ReputationRep:
    me too i didn't really to much research before applying! haha i spoke to someone who lived here and they said it wasn't too bad i guess you go out with people on your course anyway not always flat mates

ReputationRep:
    Neither did I, it just looked nice. Didn't get Victoria which was my first choice because they're apparently full up. I don't think this place is that popular so most people that apply will be offered a place I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Central Quay looks cool and good value for money but heard its far from uni and everything else :/ .... I was going to apply through unite but when I called Sheffield Hallam they told me that when you applied through the uni they try and group you with people doing the same course as you or in first year aswel...that kinda thing , whereas unite wouldn't do that... I have Trigon as my first and Central Quay as my second ...anyone do any sports? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My mate was in central quay his 1st year and has gone back there for his 2nd he didnt really click with his flatmates but hes going back there so it must be pretty good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone knocking international students? For all you know they could be a bloody good laugh! Seems a bit harsh labelling them already, before you've actually met the 'actual' people.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Central Quay at the moment (Staying the summer because I'm working) It's nice here, rooms are a decent size, plenty of storage and a three quarter bed is great for starfishing Tesco right underneath and an onsite albeit tiny gym. It's 10 mins into town (uphill) or you can go the flatter way taking 15 mins. Uni is 15 - 20 away so it's not too bad at all. Saying that I lived in Archways before this and I was 2 mins from uni lol.

There's a quite a few internationals here but that's probably because it's the summer. I've made some good friends with European students but ones from further afield tend to stay in their rooms and study......You'll all be fine because most of Central Quay is allocated by the uni, seems to be the kind of place that will be great when it's full! :-)

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone in flat 017 block A?

ReputationRep:
    just got my accommodation through today and got placed in central quay, wasn't one of my choices and I just wondered if anyone else had heard anything about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurendevine)
    just got my accommodation through today and got placed in central quay, wasn't one of my choices and I just wondered if anyone else had heard anything about it?
    its a nice place and nice rooms only thing that people think is a downfall is the distance! but its not that bad could get a bus or a taxi or something what flat are you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashleighbash)
    its a nice place and nice rooms only thing that people think is a downfall is the distance! but its not that bad could get a bus or a taxi or something what flat are you in?
    it says D097/C so im a little bit confused as to what that actually means

ReputationRep:
    it means block D, flat 097, room C im in E133/A still to find flatmates!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashleighbash)
    it means block D, flat 097, room C im in E133/A still to find flatmates!
    oh thank you! I've found a few people who are near me but nobody that im actually with yet...

ReputationRep:
    I'm in d097!! And I've found another girl on Facebook who's also in this flat

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurendevine)
    it says D097/C so im a little bit confused as to what that actually means
    I'm Central quay D097.B

ReputationRep:
    Ooo I'm in room A!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eboardman1)
    Ooo I'm in room A!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    whoop whoop I have found people in A,B,C and D now

ReputationRep:
    What courses are you both doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2014
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.