Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i put y = x^3 -2x because it crossed the x axis twice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethany_)
    I thought the last question, the probability one was good! I got George with the highest chance.
    There was also the question where you had to say how long the cuboid would take to fill (231l) at 0.6 litres/second?
    I believe the correct method for filling the cuboid is to do 231/0.6=385
    385/60= 6 remainder 25
    Answer=6 minutes 25 seconds

Yeah, i got George as well because:
    0.6x0.6=0.36=Georges probability
    0.5x(5/9)=0.3333.. = Alices Probability

George has a higher probability than Alice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethany_)
    I thought the last question, the probability one was good! I got George with the highest chance.
    There was also the question where you had to say how long the cuboid would take to fill (231l) at 0.6 litres/second?
    Got george as well!!!! Jus wondering on the working out, if u used a tree diagram or not cuz i did but i put the branches the wrong way round but still showed the correct values and the chance that george has got. How many marks do u think that is out of 6??

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure as long as the values of the tree diagram were of the correct value, you will get full marks.
    I used the tree diagram method for this question, although it didnt state anywhere that you HAD to use a tree diagram (I don't think), so as long as you got the correct answer, you be on track for 6/6

ReputationRep:
    Does any one remember what the simultaneous equation was and how to answer it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomas28)
    Does any one remember what the simultaneous equation was and how to answer it?
    I can't remember exactly what the equations were but it was something like y=3x+2 and y=x^2+3x+6 or something :confused:

You had to make them equal to each other then simplify to find x then substitute each of the x values into the original equations to fin y! I think one of the y values was 1.25 but I'm not sure..... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    anyone know if the paper's up yet?

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting.....
    Usually its after results day that the paper is released online

ReputationRep:
    Last bump to say good luck on thursday

ReputationRep:
    Sooooooo.... How did everyone do??

I got an A* on the Unit C Paper and just managed to scrape an A* overall

ReputationRep:
    I got my A* too

Unit A - 91%
    Unit B - 100%
    Unit C - 94%

ReputationRep:
    can anyone post the paper? thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.