Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tackla)
    Pulling out a phone to cheat in A level exams... My word, your invigilators must be crap :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah THIS. How the **** does someone get away with pulling out their phone in an A LEVEL exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moosic97)
    Saying that he is cheating is serious, if you're wrong (although you sound pretty sure) a lot could go wrong for you. Just keep that in mind
    You are correct, I intend to tell a teacher anonymously and I know for a fact that he is cheating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafan)
    Clearly you are. I hate snitches. If I could cheat and get away it I would. Life isn't fair.
    Although I disagree with your initial comment your reasoning is more or less correct. I can't pretend I'm not disappointed with your responses but I do understand. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tackla)
    Pulling out a phone to cheat in A level exams... My word, your invigilators must be crap :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep they are, but he sits in the end column right against a wall, so I guess it couldn't be too difficult for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munrot07)
    if it was me I would tell since cheating is wrong and it means he could get into a competitive university such as oxford cause he does well and it would mean someone else who actually did well by not cheating might not get in. But thats my view, I can't stand cheaters :/
    sameeee! there was this girl in my maths class who always tried looking at my test paper- annoyed the hell out of me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craming Revision)
    Someone is clearly jelous
    Cool story bro, already answered this before.

ReputationRep:
    Quit crying OP. The mere fact you mentioned his names illustrates your jealousy. BTW your schools invigilators are awful.

ReputationRep:
    Please folks, unless you are a qualified Educational Psychologist or a Neurologist, then please do not come on forums and announce that you think that dyslexia does not exists. Not only does it make you look daft, it also offends people who have dyslexia. I think we would rather listen to qualified people, and not 17 year old TSR members.

ReputationRep:
    extra time isnt always a great thing to be honest..

its not even that much extra

ReputationRep:
    It is 25% extra. I don't use the extra time, as I do not need it normally, but I do receive it, just in case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafan)
    Quit crying OP. The mere fact you mentioned his names illustrates your jealousy. BTW your schools invigilators are awful.
    Not crying, don't know why you keep being mean. I'm not jealous. Perhaps you are jealous that he is getting away with it. Yes I know the invigilators are awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yankeetwig)
    Wait you say, 'I guess it couldn't be too difficult'??. Then you clearly don't know if he is or isn't actually cheating?? You either know he is, or are just being told by someone else, or you just think he is. Remember unless you are DEAD certain that he is cheating, don't tell anyone, as if he isn't you could screw up all his life.
    He told me that he does this himself. I'm not sure if it is substantial and I am not going to do anything rash.

ReputationRep:
    It's sort of childish to say that you hate snitches when you're talking about an A Level exam. If you don't like it, OP, then tell a teacher in confidence.

Posted from a brick

ReputationRep:
    why would you snitch on him, its really none of your business what hes doing, how does it affect you if hes cheating, its his life, get on with your business and focus on your own exams and how you got through alevels honestly without needing to cheat, eventually he'll probably get caught, plus you dont know why hes doing it, how does it affect you or concern you in any way, if its not from the fact that your jealous lol

ReputationRep:
    Is everyone still in primary school or something, why would you snitch on someone, when there 18 years old and know the consequences of what there doing, its their dishonest life why does it impact on you?

ReputationRep:
    there used to be someone like that in my class, then the girl sitting behind me punched him in the face.

ReputationRep:
    ISAs are as every bit important as each of your science modules as they each count for 25% of your final GCSE. If he would cheat in an exam room, he would get disqualified. So why should he get away with it for ISAs? I think you should report him as it crosses all moral and social boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by REASON_Lighters)
    Hi,

I don't know if anyone has seen my previous post relating to this, here is the link: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post42643831

There is the boy in my class and I will name and shame him, XXXXXX who cheats in any way he can. But this takes it to far. He pretends to have dyslexia to get more exam time and consideration for this. I don't have a problem with people getting this, but he is a no good faker who shouldn't be getting this.

I know for a fact he is not dyslexic he is lazy and a cheat. So the question arises, should I tell the exams guy that he is faking or a teacher or what as I don't feel that he should be entitled to this.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
    Just wondering of you'd considered the possibility that he has just claimed to fake dyslexia because he's embarrassed? Some people mightn't want people to think they're dyslexic.

ReputationRep:
    If he just cheated on little tests that mean nothing ( quiz things), I would say leave it, it's only hurting him.
    BUT because he does it in actual exams, I would say make a teacher aware.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonoahx)
    It's sort of childish to say that you hate snitches when you're talking about an A Level exam. If you don't like it, OP, then tell a teacher in confidence.

Posted from a brick
    Okay

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.