Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

David Beckham retires from professional football watch

ReputationRep:
    Just seen that Chris Waddle, the guy who put the WCSF ball into orbit with his attempt at a penalty in 1990, has said that Beckham would not get into the top 1,000 EPL players :unimpressed:.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22568870

Whilst I agree he was not the best player going, he was still a fantastic player at EPL, La Liga and Serie A level. Waddle sounds like a bitter old man who failed to bring the mullet back into style.

ReputationRep:
    Waddle :lolwut: Must have been out of the limelight for a while and needed some news coverage. Is he opening a chip shop or something?

Shocker.

I wonder where Beckham would fit in in real life. Top 100 Premier League certainly, maybe pushing the top 50.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I would never forget one of his amazing goals when he was a youngster. It will keep in my mind forever. Here it is:

His feel for the ball is just legendary, no matter whether a corner, free kick or in the run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CelticSymphony67)
    Just seen that Chris Waddle, the guy who put the WCSF ball into orbit with his attempt at a penalty in 1990, has said that Beckham would not get into the top 1,000 EPL players :unimpressed:.

Whilst I agree he was not the best player going, he was still a fantastic player at EPL, La Ligament and Serie A level. Waddle sounds like a bitter old man who failed to bring the mullet back into style.
    I just don't get what Waddle is looking to achieve with these statements.

I would imagine most people reading this will echo your thoughts - I most certainly do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CelticSymphony67)

Whilst I agree he was not the best player going, he was still a fantastic player at EPL, La Liga and Serie A level. Waddle sounds like a bitter old man who failed to bring the mullet back into style.
    I couldn't believe he said within the 1,000 of EPL players, not a top ten which Beckham, despite his time at United, probably wouldn't make it. But 1,000?! What a bloody exaggeration and just pathetic by a guy who probably needs something for attention as his commentary is lame and only known for a mullet and a missed penalty.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 17, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.