Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What was question 7i? Show that...what?

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, am I the only one who put 19/10 as the area on q7ii)? Everyone seems to have got 37/30 and I'm one of only two people I know who got 19/10, but I can't see what I did wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chuckynoriss)
    7ii) how is it 37/30 because you do the integration of curve- tangent from 1 to 4 and 3/2( 1.5) is bigger than 1 so lower limit is 1
    The line y=3x-5 crosses the x axis at i think it was (5/3) not one, so it you have to intergrate between 4 and 5/3 instead, which gives the area under the line as 8.1666 Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    What was question 3ii. ??

ReputationRep:
    Thanks do you reckon I'll lose one accuracy mark if I integrated between 4 and 1?

ReputationRep:
    probalby - and maybe one for the answer also- but you should hopefully get all the method marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannburger)
    Hi, what was question 5?? (:
    Added question paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paribas01)
    What was question 3ii. ??
    Added question paper

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I suppose so thanks again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rrobba)
    What was question 7i? Show that...what?
    Show that 1.3^n > 1.52... Something along those lines can't remember exact no's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugartown)
    Can someone explain why the first one was 6.3 and not 9.56 or something? I got 6.3 before I x the bracket and then 6.3 x 3/2? So confused and feel a bit stupid considering it was such easy marks
    I got 9.56 first time, but think I made a mistake so it's 6.39. The start of trapezium rule is 1/2 x h (h=width, in question given as 2) so it's 2/2 (=1) x6.39

ReputationRep:
    Show that 1.3^N_< 91 I think, can't remember which way around the inequality sign was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgtips372)
    Hey the reason you don't multiply the 6.3 by 3/2 is because the trapezium starts with h/2, there were 3 strips but the width of each strip was 2, so the h/2 was equal to 2/2 so basically it stays as 6.3. Hope that helps!
    Ohhhh so I put 3/2 rather than 2/2 which is obviously 1! Argh so annoying! Think I probably would have got a B anyway as the paper did not go my way so didn't make too much of a difference!

ReputationRep:
    I think I got >63 , does anyone know the highest grade boundaries for c2 there have been in previous years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    I got 9.56 first time, but think I made a mistake so it's 6.39. The start of trapezium rule is 1/2 x h (h=width, in question given as 2) so it's 2/2 (=1) x6.39
    Argh wish I had looked back at it and realised! Thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    Since there's not one in the OP:
    Worked Solution to 8ii)
     a^x = 4b^x

\Rightarrow x\log_2a = 2+x\log_2b 

\Rightarrow x(\log_2\frac{a}{b}) =2

\mathrm{as} \ ab=2 \Rightarrow b=\frac{2}{a}

\Rightarrow x(\log_2\frac{a^2}{2}) = 2

\Rightarrow x = \dfrac{2}{log_2a - 1}

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joostan)
    Since there's not one in the OP:
    Worked Solution to 8ii)
     a^x = 4b^x

\Rightarrow x\log_2a = 2+xlog_2b = x(\log_2\frac{a}{b})

\mathrm{as} \ ab=2 \Rightarrow b=\frac{2}{a}

\Rightarrow x(\log_2\frac{a^2}{2}) = 2

\Rightarrow x = \dfrac{2}{log_2a - 1}
    same method i used

ReputationRep:
    Dont mean to be disrespectful to anyone's previous posts but I think a lot of people are mistaken on the grade boundaries for this paper. I am myself quite an able mathematician, scoring 96UMS on Core 1, and i did struggle with some aspects of the paper, especially 8ii. bearing in mind that most of the people who post on here are ALSO very able, i think we're forgetting that this was actually quite a difficult paper and will undoubtedly catch out the 'less able' candidates that took it, so my money is on 55-57 for an A grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chubuking)
    same method i used
    Lol - quite a nice q. The C2 I took in jan didn't have a nice logs question

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.