Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzlynn)
    It depends on the UMS but approx 180/225... which works out at 60/75 per paper
    How will the ums affect my grade. Say I got 79% for my result. So what can the ums do to that percentage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glennioo)
    Yes I believe I did Because you had to factorise and the other value for r was greater than 1?..
    I had the wrong sing. I think had r=1/4 instead of -1/4 .

ReputationRep:
    i had 10/3 for the integration

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone feel like they need to resit one of their papers either C1 or C2 or maybe both? :-/

ReputationRep:
    what were you meant to intergrate for the curve? I got 18 for the triangle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davis7)
    what were you meant to intergrate for the curve? I got 18 for the triangle
    I did:

Small triangle + *int*_1^3 x^2 + 3 dx

ReputationRep:
    As far as I am aware what you had to do was find the area under the curve using integration and then find the area of the little triangle which eqauted to 2 and then add the two answers together giving 50/3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fil.sissay)
    How will the ums affect my grade. Say I got 79% for my result. So what can the ums do to that percentage?

The UMS can change it but not by much, if everyone did badly it may go up. The UMS is a way of standardising exams ie. A really easy exam where loads got 100 the UMS for someone with 79% may turn into 77% however if in another exam few people got 100 the the UMS may become 81. It is a way of making the grading system fair, relative to other exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzlynn)
    The UMS can change it but not by much, if everyone did badly it may go up. The UMS is a way of standardising exams ie. A really easy exam where loads got 100 the UMS for someone with 79% may turn into 77% however if in another exam few people got 100 the the UMS may become 81. It is a way of making the grading system fair, relative to other exams.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone feel like they need to resit one of their papers either C1 or C2 or maybe both? :-/

This was the third time I sat C2. :P

ReputationRep:

I did C1 in January, I don't want to have to resit seeing as I'll be moving for sixth form...

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RubikRiddler)
    How did you find it this time? And do u have to pay to resit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I did C1 in January, I don't want to have to resit seeing as I'll be moving for sixth form...

How about you?
    I don't know. I wanted to get overall an A (including next yr A2) for maths but unfortunately I feel like I did bad on these exams so.... I am most likely to resit my weakest paper.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. I wanted to get overall an A (including next yr A2) for maths but unfortunately I feel like I did bad on these exams so.... I am most likely to resit my weakest paper.

Aah, okay I see,hopefully you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RubikRiddler)
    And what did u get previously in your 1st and 2nd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Aah, okay I see,hopefully you'll be fine
    Yh cheers. U 2 with ur results.

ReputationRep:
    Yh cheers. U 2 with ur results.

I have my AS after C2. C1 and M1 done, scared for C3/4 and S1.

ReputationRep:
    And what did u get previously in your 1st and 2nd?
    I think it went well this time. I'm really happy with the paper and the majority of my answers.

The first time I had 60 UMS, so a C. The second time I had 69 UMS, so a C again (the paper in January was horrible). I think I might get a high B or an A this time. Fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    How did you find it this time? And do u have to pay to resit?

Sorry, my school doesn't make you pay for the second time, and they don't charge you for the third as long as you do better.

I also take night classes at local college and they do make you pay.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get
    16 and 2/3 for the intrgrall area thingy?:L

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.