Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If all the thick people have loads of kids then will this make the UK dumb? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotMyToothbrush)
    I think somebody has been watching too much Idiocracy

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

This film is a hypothesis that has a serious possibility. If you follow the news regularly, you can see how much the social underclass are draining resources more than any other section of society and the state.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NabRoh)
    If that happens then there will be competition between the "thick" people to find out who is the smartest. Smart would be the new sexy and eventually people through selective breeding would rebuild civilization to where smart-dumb equilibrium is restored.

Goddamit don't you just want to live in that world.

You've just given me this lense to the world of viewing societal life as a civil war between smart and thick people through this colourful depiction.

ReputationRep:
    Year lets sterilise the children of stupid parents at birth :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaiDuc)
    I may sound selfish and arrogant but... That just means less competition for us smart people!

so you mean to say thick people draining state resources to great levels of national economic deficits is actually part of a system that supports the structure of smart people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yothi5)
    Year lets sterilise the children of stupid parents at birth :rolleyes:
    I think a person doesn't have to be smart for them to be useful to society. Just because you are not an intelligent person or because your parents are not intelligent does not mean you should be 'sterilised' because you are useless. There's more to a person than how smart they are and being smart does not make you a better member of society than someone who isn't. There are so many different forms of intelligence- how do you even decide whether a person is 'smart enough'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jam198)
    If all the thick people have loads of kids then will this make the UK dumb?

It will be like reverse evolution.
    Long term unemployed state benefit, state dependent people on welfare, using NHS for their alcohol problems, drug abuse reasons and all the associated diseases = using all that money up.
    Bleeding dry the state system.

Middle class and educated people either go abroad e.g. Australia and NZ, or they stay in the UK and have no kids or 1/2 and not 6-7 like the UnderClass people. All the high IQ people will be swallowed up by the low IQ people.
    A large component of IQ is genetic, so they're passing this on.
    A large component of criminality is genetic, so they will be passing this on.

It will like evolutionary regression. The low IQ, low skills, low potential populace will be the overwhelming majority.
    Intelligence inheritance doesn't quite work like that because my dumb parents produced 3 intelligent children.Even if this was so intelligent people would still be breeding though all it would mean is that evolution would slow down- definitely not regress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Intelligence inheritance doesn't quite work like that because my dumb parents produced 3 intelligent children.Even if this was so intelligent people would still be breeding though all it would mean is that evolution would slow down- definitely not regress.
    Your dumb...everyone will agree with me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's intelligence per se that we need to guard against. It's lifestyle. Chav's breed chav's.

ReputationRep:
    That's very interesting, but we as a society are much more intellectually productive than the Victorians ever were.

ReputationRep:
    potentially, although I don't think that the link between genetics and intelligence is quite that high. environment and upbringing play a much larger part.

ReputationRep:
    Not even low IQ! Just the environment that they're brought up in makes them lazier and thus less willing to improve their education.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacob :))
    Directly stopping stupid people having kids isn't the answer. Educate them and their children so they are no longer stupid is the answer.

Or have a war so loads of them die.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    This.
    Not the war?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jam198)
    If all the thick people have loads of kids then will this make the UK dumb?

It will be like reverse evolution.
    Long term unemployed state benefit, state dependent people on welfare, using NHS for their alcohol problems, drug abuse reasons and all the associated diseases = using all that money up.
    Bleeding dry the state system.

Middle class and educated people either go abroad e.g. Australia and NZ, or they stay in the UK and have no kids or 1/2 and not 6-7 like the UnderClass people. All the high IQ people will be swallowed up by the low IQ people.
    A large component of IQ is genetic, so they're passing this on.
    A large component of criminality is genetic, so they will be passing this on.

It will like evolutionary regression. The low IQ, low skills, low potential populace will be the overwhelming majority.
    How dumb can you get?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.