Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's your ideal sleeping environment? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So long as there's space, I'll sleep just about anywhere really.

The perks of being a lazy fool I guess!

ReputationRep:
    Ideally in a big comfy bed with beautiful naked girls.

ReputationRep:
    I close the door and curtains, switch the light off and get under the covers. The smallest of light rays wake me up.

ReputationRep:
    - Door open otherwise I feel a tad bit claustrophobic
    - Complete darkness throughout the whole house
    - Two hot water bottles in my bed
    - My childhood teddy next to me (this isn't a must, but I like to sleep with her )
    - Phone next to my pillow charging
    - Duvet only covering my body ~ Can't stand having it over my face, it feels as though I'm suffocating
    - Windows closed unless it is hot

ReputationRep:
    just a flat surface

ReputationRep:
    Nude and surrounded by angry Ewoks with lightsabres.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to be able to sleep with the window open without worrying someone will break in or I'll have unwanted insects.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not particularly fussy but I generally sleep with the door shut (to minimise noise & light, keep warmth in). I don't have any lights on.

I do like to read at bed time because I like reading. I've also taken to watching episodes of shows or films in bed... I think it's because bed is the only place I don't find something to distract myself with, like procrastinating on the internet or just doing a quick bit of uni work. I'm currently working through friends.

I can quite happily sleep without anything like that though, and sometimes I have so much to think through or am so tired that I just sleep! But it does make any waiting time go quicker.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    It's funny because I have certain conditions that I need to have to sleep at night, but if I'm sleeping during the day (it happens...) none of them seem to apply, probably because if I'm sleeping in the day it's because I'm so tired that I'd just drop wherever haha. But at night: door closed, dark, and I can't sleep if I'm too hot so I usually have a fan on too. Also recently I've started listening to podcasts while I go to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Door closed.
    Lights off.
    Window open.

ReputationRep:
    Closed door, head away from the door, dark (but doesn't have to be totally dark), soft mattress, two pillows.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Door must be close and pretty much dark. Also have 5 pillows. 2 at the top of the bed with one stacked on top of the 2 to make a pyramid and 2 at the bottom of the bed stacked on one another for my knee to stay elevated.

If my knee wasn't messed up it would be in my sleeping bag pretending like I'm encased in a cocoon. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    sleep on gf big boobs the best :evilbanana:

ReputationRep:
    I need the door shut
    I need a duvet or at least a sheet over some part of my body at all times.
    I need a decent level of quiet.
    If im sleeping alone i keep the light on because as sad as it sounds at 20 i still dont like the dark and me and my bf's room is large and old with a big fireplace and fireplaces creep me out anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    Ideally in a big comfy bed with beautiful naked girls.
    if i had beautiful naked girls in my bed there wouldnt be much sleeping going on

ReputationRep:
    I'm very particular about my sleeping environment. My ideal environment would be quiet and dark, but not too quiet that you can hear a pin drop, and not too dark that you can't see, so some light from the window is good. I also like the room to be organised and not cluttered, I find cluttered rooms distracting when I'm trying to fall asleep.

I also like the door to be open or ajar, but not closed. And I like to have a lot of space in bed because I tend to move around a lot before drifting off to sleep. I also don't like to be hugged or touched when I'm sleep as I feel restricted. (This has caused problems with me and my husband but he's had to get used to it).

Oh and I need to be covered no matter what time of year it is, so a duvet in winter and a sheet in summer.

So not too picky

ReputationRep:
    Door closed, no lights, big squishy duvet (one leg out, one leg in), mattress and pillow and I sleep like a baby. I sometimes sleep to Rainy Mood or piano music, which is nice too . I like knowing my boyfriend's next to me while I sleep, so slight contact with legs or arms, but I'm not so much into trying to get a good night's sleep all cuddled up with him, sure for a nap but I much prefer space.

ReputationRep:
    Have to have a source of light.
    Door locked at uni. But at home, landing light switched on with the door slightly ajar.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    While the sun's warm glow shining bright down on me, while it's raining and you hear that raining sound while the smell of the wet earth is there! Those three things would be amazing to sleep too!

I love it so much!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.