48.15%
    Beach Safety
    0%
    Climate Change
    3.70%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweakey)
    Just used quotes to show her conflict -.-

I'm not familiar with Edexcel Anthology, only the AQA one which I did in school.
    No, i mean about the unseen text..

ReputationRep:
    Reading everyone's comments about the first unseen text, I really enjoyed this, I didn't use many technical terms but I did talk about how it read, how they'd used their words to express unwritten thoughts and feelings, how the text made me feel personally. I talked about how they used short sentences to build the tension of the taxi journed in the rain, how the weather compared between the wet and windy London which almost seemed to reflect the authors feelings on the journey and arrival in Holland where it was snow which covered the pathways which almost referred to a new life, a path as yet untrodden. I hope that this was okay.

I used nearly all the space available to me for most questions. My first exam since 1989! Reading what you've all said I am now concerned. However I did read some previous exam answers and the markers response online and think that what I've done reflects much of what they like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGCSE Student)
    My predictions for An Inspector Calls tomorrow is a question on the significance of the Inspector.

My predictions for Of Mice and Men is a question on the theme of loneliness.

Anybody else got any predictions???
    Both of those questions are on the sample assessment material but there is definitely a high chance they could repeat them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrsskefton)
    Reading everyone's comments about the first unseen text, I really enjoyed this, I didn't use many technical terms but I did talk about how it read, how they'd used their words to express unwritten thoughts and feelings, how the text made me feel personally. I talked about how they used short sentences to build the tension of the taxi journed in the rain, how the weather compared between the wet and windy London which almost seemed to reflect the authors feelings on the journey and arrival in Holland where it was snow which covered the pathways which almost referred to a new life, a path as yet untrodden. I hope that this was okay.

I used nearly all the space available to me for most questions. My first exam since 1989! Reading what you've all said I am now concerned. However I did read some previous exam answers and the markers response online and think that what I've done reflects much of what they like.
    That's a good answer, I had trouble inferring anything from his experiences in Holland, for London, I used the "heart of London" as something significant because that's where he leaving from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrsskefton)
    Some of us are Private Candidates and are doing it as retake. I'm actually a mature student and decided in Feb that I wanted a career change but to do my course and new job I need a better grade than the one I achieved many many years ago! We, therefore, do not have a teacher or anyone to explain how these exams work. Hope that helps!
    Oh, I'm sorry about that! and I'm sure you did well! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msxo)
    No, i mean about the unseen text..
    The weather?

ReputationRep:
    That's a good answer, I had trouble inferring anything from his experiences in Holland, for London, I used the "heart of London" as something significant because that's where he leaving from.
    i used the heart of london as well. referring to a metaphor.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the grade boundaries for Edexcel iGCSE English Language Option A?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what questions are likely to come up for Lit tomorrow? (Ofmiceandmen&aviewfromthebridge .)

ReputationRep:
    what about Romeo & Juliet and Pride & Prejudice? what do you think will come up: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ddogg)
    Inspector calls and of mice and men
    Same! have you got any clue what the questions might be tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the grade boundaries for Edexcel iGCSE English Language Option A?

80% A*

ReputationRep:
    I messed up the London one, didn't refer to any metaphors or anything about the heart or leaving old for new

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msxo)
    I can't really remember, but i talked about the pattern of three she uses "To dive, to leave to survive" and i talked about the juxatposition she uses... and about that quote "my heart leapt for both the narwhal and the whale in that split second.." i talked about the "split second" quote... you?
    I think I got a D compared to you. I didn't really talk about devices because that wasn't what the question asked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolasinac138)
    I think I got a D compared to you. I didn't really talk about devices because that wasn't what the question asked.
    But the paper is a "language" paper =S

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolasinac138)
    80% A*
    What is the mark out of?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think i did a good job though, i dont know. i'm really pessimistic about the english grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    What is the mark out of?
    Do you mean what was the paper today out of? It was out of 60 marks, 20 for each section

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msxo)
    I don't think i did a good job though, i dont know. i'm really pessimistic about the english grade boundaries.
    A lot of my friends say that, end up with A's and still say they didn't do well. Which pisses me off tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat.girl)
    Do you mean what was the paper today out of? It was out of 60 marks, 20 for each section

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I meant how many marks are there in total from both papers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.