Xbox one or PS4? Watch

Steezy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Xbox One.

I've always been an xbox fan, prefer the xbox exclusives, will probably use the Kinect if it has improved, like the whole integration thing...

Don't get me wrong - before they back tracked on their ****ty policies, I was going for PS4.
strokestash
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Steezy)
Xbox One.

I've always been an xbox fan, prefer the xbox exclusives, will probably use the Kinect if it has improved, like the whole integration thing...

Don't get me wrong - before they back tracked on their ****ty policies, I was going for PS4.
Forgive me for being uninformed, but what did they backtrack on?
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by strokestash)
The "Always Online" policy of having to conenct once every 24 hours to Xbox Live in order to verify the licence for any game you own.

Read: If you're without internet for 24 hours, you have a brick instead of a console.
strokestash
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mikeyd85)
The "Always Online" policy of having to conenct once every 24 hours to Xbox Live in order to verify the licence for any game you own.

Read: If you're without internet for 24 hours, you have a brick instead of a console.
Wonderful. For them to have even considered this tells me that Microsoft does not care for it's consumers.
bembem
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Neither, but PS4 is the future.
TH3-FL45H
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Still undecided tbh. What I get will probably depend on what the rest of my friends get
linderzz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well to be honest if I had the money I would buy both. But seeing as I don't then I will be sticking with the Xbox. Only for exclusives really and because I'm just used to xbox.

Really looking forward to elder scrolls online and a lot of other next gen games thigh!
linderzz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
*though
F1's Finest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I still have my PS1 though in good condition :sexface:

PS1 and a PS4 is a dream combo. I could play Crash Bandicoot when I liked, then play some GT6 multiplayer another time :moon:
Steezy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The always online policies, no trading games, etc
HJ M
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I really want to get the xbox one because I am a Halo fanboy! I am also really looking forward to destiny on the xbox because I think that xbox live is better than ps online
CaptainNemo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
At the end of the day there is a point at which DRM becomes too obstructive. It's alright for you, but some poor fool that lives in a country where internet isn't as reliable (to be fair, reliable is not the word I would use for UK ISPs) as yours won't be able to 'check in' as you say.

And in my opinion Kinect is nothing but Microsoft's answer to the not-so-wonderful world of gaming gimmicks started by the Wii. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be flapping my arms around in a perfectly lit room and at a perfect distance from the TV, I just want good games, and I'm perfectly happy with the controller interfaces we have nowadays.

That said, the Oculus Rift does seem like the way forward.

Neither console seems attractive, which is why I opted to build a capable PC.
I do agree with you about the coverage being a problem for some, I don't think anyone will be entirely happy with either console

Lol "flapping my arms around" :bhangra: I remember this very well with the Eye Toy
There's no doubt the scope of KINNECT could be more impressive in a few years, maybe recording your own body movements to insert into indie games or "make your own game" so to speak
strokestash
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by CaptainNemo)
I do agree with you about the coverage being a problem for some, I don't think anyone will be entirely happy with either console

Lol "flapping my arms around" :bhangra: I remember this very well with the Eye Toy
There's no doubt the scope of KINNECT could be more impressive in a few years, maybe recording your own body movements to insert into indie games or "make your own game" so to speak
The principle problem is that you can't run on the spot to move else you'll crash into something, so you still require an analog stick or directional pad if you're playing a platformer. This has been remedied with a multi-directional conveyor belt device (it was featured on the BBC not long ago) but we're still a way aways from that becoming a consumer reality.

I've yet to be convinced of it's necessity. I don't see why it always has to be KINECTED to the Xbox (I did a funny.)
CaptainNemo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wonderful. For them to have even considered this tells me that Microsoft does not care for it's consumers.
It was predominantly to stop pirating games and cheating, so they must care some...god knows we have all moaned about "god damn hackers"
So Instinct
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Neither.
postman232
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
CaptainNemo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The principle problem is that you can't run on the spot to move else you'll crash into something, so you still require an analog stick or directional pad if you're playing a platformer. This has been remedied with a multi-directional conveyor belt device (it was featured on the BBC not long ago) but we're still a way aways from that becoming a consumer reality.

I've yet to be convinced of it's necessity. I don't see why it always has to be KINECTED to the Xbox (I did a funny.)
I see what you did there :beer:

Here's to gaming in the future, may it hurry up and deliver us from this evil
CaptainNemo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by James A)
I still have my PS1 though in good condition :sexface:
Me too!! & a PS2 :bl:
postman232
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Considering the price increase of the new games on console, and my recent experience with the steam summer sale I think i'm going to upgrade my graphics card instead. I was never a fan on pre-owned games and i think I was really the only one who preferred xbox one's original stance on pre-owned games IF it meant steam-like prices and sales. EA have already confirmed a £10 price increase on all their games for both platforms.
strokestash
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by postman232)
Considering the price increase of the new games on console, and my recent experience with the steam summer sale I think i'm going to upgrade my graphics card instead. I was never a fan on pre-owned games and i think I was really the only one who preferred xbox one's original stance on pre-owned games IF it meant steam-like prices and sales. EA have already confirmed a £10 price increase on all their games for both platforms.
Nobody in the right mind buys games made by EA. But I have to agree, the new prices are disgusting. Can't wait for them to have to lower them when nobody buys them.

We need to remind ourselves that we, as the consumer, call the shots, not them. Mindless consumerism is Stockholm Syndrome.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (170)
27.16%
No (456)
72.84%

Watched Threads