tomj45
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ashleighgiles)
I love and respect your choices! :banana:

Samsung S4 :drool:
I have the S3, absolutely superb phone. I only just bought it a few months ago so I won't be upgrading any time soon!
ddaappoo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bencant)
Hi,

I've got £400 to spend on a phone, what should I get? (please give reasons)

Thanks
nokia lumia 925, contract
User182034
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My Nokia E63, and even the Nokia E5, have been perfect for all my texting, call, email, and Internet browsing needs. The photos are also okay once you upload them to a computer. I wouldn't spend more than £100 on a phone these days.
3mmz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lucinda9999)
Samsung galaxy s(whichever the latest out is!... i have the two and still think it's great, and that would be cheaper by now)
or
Song experia z

Android has a market catching up with iphone app store, and android phones are generally cheaper. Plus they are more customizable

Personally the last two HTC's I had experience with weren't great (HTC HD2.... it must have become loose inside because one day it wouldn't charge and my brother has HTC and the wifi doesn't work)
htc one?
otester
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Only reason people don't get an S4 is because they're to poor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 3mmz)
whats the battery like?
Same as any other smartphone I've used. 1 day if you're using it a lot.
Snagprophet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by otester)
Only reason people don't get an S4 is because they're to poor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Or iPhone 5 users. S4 can have Nexus interface now, along with expandable memory and able to put apps onto it, it's just good. It's such a shame phones like the Nexus 4 doesn't have 32gig memory or expandable SD slots.
Rajvir
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
OMG i was going to buy a iPhone 5 i might have to reconsider. how good is the samsung galaxy s4? worth the money or not?
otester
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Snagprophet)
Or iPhone 5 users. S4 can have Nexus interface now, along with expandable memory and able to put apps onto it, it's just good. It's such a shame phones like the Nexus 4 doesn't have 32gig memory or expandable SD slots.
It's part of the march towards 'cloud computing', basically so they can spy on us more easily.
ashleighgiles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tomj45)
I have the S3, absolutely superb phone. I only just bought it a few months ago so I won't be upgrading any time soon!
I'm trying to save up for a new phone - preferably the S4. I've had my Blackberry for 5 years and its reaching the last days of its life. Since my budget is considerably tight, do you think I should go for an S3 or straight to an S4?
Thenearlyguy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
at end of the day the stigma towards iphones is absolutely ridiculous they are top quality phones the only real difference is they are more restrictive in terms of app store but the quality and feel is great op id suggrst to get one if you are not a techhy person if you are tecchy id suggest s4
lucinda9999
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 3mmz)
htc one?
HTC droid dna
otester
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm trying to save up for a new phone - preferably the S4. I've had my Blackberry for 5 years and its reaching the last days of its life. Since my budget is considerably tight, do you think I should go for an S3 or straight to an S4?
What do you really need out of this phone?

Do you tether a lot? Which network do you plan to be with?

Why not just stick with the BB and use the £400 for something else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ashleighgiles
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What do you really need out of this phone?

Do you tether a lot? Which network do you plan to be with?

Why not just stick with the BB and use the £400 for something else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My BB's broken beyond repair and I basically can't contact anyone except through social media on the PC
Every time I try to open an app (all parties), my BB freezes for at least an hour and reboots itself
I mostly need the basic functions, chats (mostly Skype) and browsing. Was thinking of getting an S3 but many stores here don't sell S3s anymore, which is kind of odd. :confused:
I'm not sure about the network yet - I'll probably decide once I get it. I'll probably go for a prepaid number; I'm not fond of paying montly
benzeman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nexus 4 and use the rest of the money on something else
otester
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My BB's broken beyond repair and I basically can't contact anyone except through social media on the PC
Every time I try to open an app (all parties), my BB freezes for at least an hour and reboots itself
I mostly need the basic functions, chats (mostly Skype) and browsing. Was thinking of getting an S3 but many stores here don't sell S3s anymore, which is kind of odd. :confused:
I'm not sure about the network yet - I'll probably decide once I get it. I'll probably go for a prepaid number; I'm not fond of paying montly
Try and get a used S2, this will be enough for what you need, there isn't much of a differences between the S2/S3, will also save you a lot of money.

I'd only recommend the S4 if you tethered a lot and/or wanted top photo quality, which going by what you said neither applies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ashleighgiles
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Try and get a used S2, this will be enough for what you need, there isn't much of a differences between the S2/S3, will also save you a lot of money.

I'd only recommend the S4 if you tethered a lot and/or wanted top photo quality, which going by what you said neither applies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like photography but I already have a DSLR, so it might be redundant
Thanks for the input though! I appreciate it. I'm a newbie when it comes to the Samsung series
tomj45
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I can assure you, you will not be disappointed with the S3. I don't think there is a huge difference between the two. I imagine the S4 is probably slightly quicker but the S3 is lightning fast. Other than that definitely go for it, they are great value for money if you can pick one up on Amazon (I got mine there for £315)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (197)
27.86%
No (510)
72.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise