Turn on thread page Beta

Useful Superpowers?? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    I would want to turn back time personally - considering all of the ****ty things I say sometimes that cause me to get into a lot of crap :sadnod:
    Oh man i feel bad ruining this one

Flaw: 1.) you travel back in time and right the wrongs before they are committed. You change not only history but yourself because those things are what shaped you into the person you are today. Without doing those things it takes you even longer to reach this conclusion.
    This cycle continues and is never resolved.

(Original post by Albino)
    time control boom
    Flaw: 1.) if you go back you change the present. even just saying hello to someone insignificant or letting slip something from your future could change the past. Then you would return to an altered future with no knowledge of present day life etc.

2.) if you go forwards you'll be tempted to change the present and again your very presence may inadvertently change how the course of events are supposed to happen - you could start wars, that were never meant to be but you wouldn't know because you're not from the future

This is called the butterfly effect
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    To be able to always get good grades and to be able to read minds.

ReputationRep:
    Mine would be MIND CONTROL. I have always wanted to have this power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plainview)
    The power to get guaranteed A*s.
    why not A*s bro? :proud:

Stealth pooing. The power to magic up a poo anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idle)
    A crocodile has stupidly powerful jaws yet can carry it's babies in it's mouth without hurting them if needed.

I wouldn't really have any need to go 500ft+

I'd rather hear and be able to help by leaving a note somewhere for the police or hear someone being two faced and me know than not hear
    Flying Flaw: You'd probably still need a license in case you're not a good flyer. Flying so low would put you at the mercy of the national grid and birds. If a flock of geese can kill an a boeing engine they'd make mincemeat out of us.

Super hearing Flaw: dog whistles hurt dog's ears because they have such good hearing. What would just temporarily cause pain such as walking by roadworks. It would work in much the same way your eyes do when someone pulls the curtain after sleep - really intense.

You may hear something incriminating and be asked to stand trial for the prosecution. Without you there is no case!

Superstrength Flaw: you'd do some damage to your property and other people while learning to use it. As well as this if you did get angry and could not control your anger, you could potentially KO someone from life!

I already discredited super intelligence in another post in case you were wondering . but here it is again:
    Super intelligence flaw: because being clever isn't the only thing you need to pass exams - you need to learn the answer style, have legible handwriting, grammar, spelling. Intelligence does not necessarily mean you have the above.

ReputationRep:
    Ability to mind read

Also super intelligence, you can just become a self made millionaire. You don't necessarily have to do exams, you could create a new encryption and make millions
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Byakugan or Sharingan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladders)
    3 magic balls.

the first ball is like a pokeball, with LIMITLESS storage of things shrunk inside.
    Flaw: Depending on size of the ball: cricket to basketball size - you can't put large things inside
    Human size - you could get lost going in to retrieve something because as you said the space is infinite.

3 magic balls.
    the second pauses/unpauses time when i squeeze it like a stressball, like bernard's watch.
    Flaw: You would age faster than everyone and if you kept doing this often enough you will have amassed a year extra to what everyone think you are. As well as this you wil be wasting something more precious than gold - your time.

3 magic balls.
    the third can teleport me anywhere i want when i twist the two halves.
    Flaw: 1.) the earth is not the same if you teleport from the top of a hill then where you teleport to you will arrive there at the same level (probably to your death) because the ground may be a fair distance.

Same goes for if you are below ground level.

2.) you could teleport and hurt someone or yourself

3.) there's reasons you apply for visa's. You teleport to a country and are arrested. You teleport out of prison but you're now an international criminal because of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tilly Seargeant)
    To be able to always get good grades and to be able to read minds.
    aw hell naw. i'd go mad

(Original post by Ham22)
    Stealth pooing. The power to magic up a poo anywhere.
    very mischeivous :teehee:

(Original post by randomd_love)
    Flaw: 1.) the earth is not the same if you teleport from the top of a hill then where you teleport to you will arrive there at the same level (probably to your death) because the ground may be a fair distance.
    i don't quite get you on this one, why wouldn't i teleport to a lower ground level from the top of this hypothetical hill? do you mean with the earth's revolutions ?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    aw hell naw. i'd go mad
    I'd love to be able to read minds. Then I would be able to confirm my suspicions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H0PEL3SS)
    The ability to control how hard your skin is- bulletproof at times
    Flaw: Your appendix bursts and you need major surgery! The doctors can't cut into you because your skin is indestructable. Oh and before you say i can turn it off you are in a coma. If you are in any situation where you need medical help and are unconscious an in bulletproof form you stand the risk of dying

Molecular manipulation i.e. able to rearrange atoms.
    Flaw: You are a chef of life! which is fine. But what does every chef need - ingredients. So if you don't have pure carbon, oxygen or any other element for that sake you can't make anything. we are running out of fossil fuels so getting your hands on pure carbon is expensive these days. same randomly goes for helium. And yes you do need pure elements otherwise you are changing the laws of science.

and human durability otherwise, all under your conscious control.
    Flaw: You can't die but you do age. you would watch all your friends and loved one pass on and are left knowing whenever you do make relationships they will all end the same way (DR Who)

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to be able to read minds. Then I would be able to confirm my suspicions.
    that's exactly why i wouldn't want it :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'd like the ability to morph into one of the shoes that a woman with pretty feet is wearing at any given moment of time- complete with the ability to smell, taste and feel.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    "Edit reality". You become god basically. You can make yourself happy? Ultimate power...
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    that's exactly why i wouldn't want it :eek:
    I am a curious person. But I have to rely on what other people tell me. This way I wouldn't even need to ask - because I'd just know.

ReputationRep:
    To be able to get in someone's else body and have some fun

ReputationRep:
    or upset you :cry2: I really don't get this wanting to know thing everyone keeps saying. there are times of the month where my brain is like a rollercoaster :rolleyes::

I'm hungry, i want chocolate, i'm cold, i want chocolate, this feels good, i want chocolate, i hate you sometimes, i want chocolate, will you marry me, i want chocolate. i'm hot, i want chocolate, i never said this feels good, i want chocolate - YOU BOUGHT ME CHOCOLATE - I LOVE YOU AGAIN

I'm flippin nuts! you would recommend to have me sectioned and put on a diet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhy)
    I'd like the ability to morph into one of the shoes that a woman with pretty feet is wearing at any given moment of time- complete with the ability to smell, taste and feel.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    LMAO!! I don't know what to say!! how do i even respond to ^ :blush:

ReputationRep:
    Telekinesis? :awesome:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.