Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ace Ten)
    Once again you have me hoping the panda in your username is a reference to your unwillingness to breed.

Won't ask who gave you the black eyes. The very nature of your posts makes it easy to connect the dots.
    Whatever babes.

ReputationRep:
    Girls getting in for free is a bit degrading due to the fact you'd clearly be there to lure men in. I wouldn't go as far as to call it sexist.

I've never been able to get in anywhere for free, if I was I probably wouldn't complain tbh.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    Girls getting in for free is a bit degrading due to the fact you'd clearly be there to lure men in. I wouldn't go as far as to call it sexist.

I've never been able to get in anywhere for free, if I was I probably wouldn't complain tbh.
    Seriously?!? Every club in my home town runs that on any night besides the student night, when it's normally a quid for girls and a fiver for guys.

To be fair from their point of view it's pretty essential, it's about 60:40 anyway, be a heaving cockfest of epic proportions if they didn't do it, at which point guys would stop going and they'd shut down.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a 'broke-ass' hooker looking for beef.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mitsukino)
    Well, she has a point.

While it's certainly not fair men have to pay and women don't, it's a little patronising and, considering it's to draw more women in as eye candy and "potential opportunities" so more people (i.e. paying men) will come, it's also pretty degrading. Free entry for women -> women more likely to go there -> more women for guys -> guys will go there.

It's not right for either gender but your friend's point isn't automatically invaild because it involves getting something free.
    This. It's basically like saying "come in for free so there's more of you to entice the men"... Slightly degrading really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)
    lol you are funny in the way you write stuff i.e. with sarcasm/ jokes

It seems sexist towards men though not women. I don't really understand why the girl was complaining at having to pay..who does that :rofl: or why she thought it was sexist. Unless she was over thinking it and thought that it implied women are unable to pay for themselves or something like that.

To summarise the girl was taking it a bit far, if anything it would be sexist to men. However they should just have made everyone pay or made it free. Why make some pay and others not on the basis of gender, especially if the actual event wasn't aimed at a particular sex
    Feminism in a nutshell

ReputationRep:
    So during the week there are a few events around town playing house music. One of them was running the rather common gimmick of letting women in for free. Men still have to pay.

Anyway, one girl I know who attended was complaining about it, saying that it "objectifies women and it's a little sexist towards us". Some of her friends agreed.

Women get in free, but men have to pay, but it's sexist towards women?

I jokingly asked her if it was the only reason she took her broke-ass out on a school night, and she said no, and that she was going to go anyway. My god. So she was willing to pay, got in for free, and then complained about it.

If this is the case I'd love for people to be sexist towards me, ffs.

"The zoo magazine costs £3.30, but you can have it for free, you ****ing pig".

Is this just how the world works now? If it's sexist towards women, it's sexism. If it's sexist towards men, it's reverse sexism towards women?
    She has a point, even if she didnt completely stick to her views...

i imagine this is like some night clubs, they want women coming in so they let them in for free. it is objectifying. AND it also discriminates against men who have to pay...

calm your damn beans OP, the only thing you should be annoyed about is her half arsed nature.

people take their shots at feminism yet crap like this still exists... its like bandwagoning on stupidity :facepalm:
    just because a sex has been offered an advantage =/= it being a positive thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    She has a point, even if she didnt completely stick to her views...

i imagine this is like some night clubs, they want women coming in so they let them in for free. it is objectifying. AND it also discriminates against men who have to pay...

calm your damn beans OP, the only thing you should be annoyed about is her half arsed nature.

people take their shots at feminism yet crap like this still exists... its like bandwagoning on stupidity :facepalm:
    just because a sex has been offered an advantage =/= it being a positive thing
    People take pot shots at feminism because it's like a colossal bullseye with "ATTACK ME" above it in flashing neon lights.

And no one minds you standing in front of it, tbh. If anything we should use you to develop some kind of bonus points system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roh)
    Seriously?!? Every club in my home town runs that on any night besides the student night, when it's normally a quid for girls and a fiver for guys.

To be fair from their point of view it's pretty essential, it's about 60:40 anyway, be a heaving cockfest of epic proportions if they didn't do it, at which point guys would stop going and they'd shut down.
    I'm obviously going out in the wrong places! The only place I've ever been able to get in somewhere for free is on holiday. I was under the impression that it was illegal for clubs here to discriminate between gender?

ReputationRep:
    People take pot shots at feminism because it's like a colossal bullseye with "ATTACK ME" above it in flashing neon lights.

And no one minds you standing in front of it, tbh. If anything we should use you to develop some kind of bonus points system.
    no, people take shots because they are colossal morons

bull**** like that post of yours simply highlights this... let me guess, in your next post, youre going to mention white knighting, me only only posting to get laid, me trying to get brownie points with the ladies etc etc? screw the fact that i talk of fairness, it HAS to be either of the previous three reasons shouldnt it? thats the only reason why a guy would make such posts right? pft

use that damn brain of yours and actually think :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun1991)
    Sounds like a 'broke-ass' hooker looking for beef.
    I would imagine this happens quite often in Liverpool. The only place where the criminals stop hookers to steal their sovereign rings and gold teeth instead of raping them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm obviously going out in the wrong places! The only place I've ever been able to get in somewhere for free is on holiday. I was under the impression that it was illegal for clubs here to discriminate between gender?
    Yes, but does that stop them though? Lol. No

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    no, people take shots because they are colossal morons.

bull**** like that post of yours simply highlights this... let me guess, in your next post, youre going to mention white knighting, me only only posting to get laid, me trying to get brownie points with the ladies etc etc?

use that damn brain of yours and actually think :facepalm:
    You'll need the white armour if you're really gonna keep standing there.

ReputationRep:
    I would imagine this happens quite often in Liverpool. The only place where the criminals stop hookers to steal their sovereign rings and gold teeth instead of raping them.
    Seriously, you're not even close to funny.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think it would need a complaint for the club to face any action. No one is likely to as any man who did would be made fun of.

ReputationRep:
    You'll need the white armour if you're really gonna keep standing there.
    go back to your troll bridge and keep knocking your head on the bricks till the dopiness spills out.

just because something is free doesnt necessarily make it a positive. do you comprehend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chappers-94)
    Yes, but does that stop them though? Lol. No

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I always thought it was something that 'used' to happen like 20 years ago. I've never heard of anywhere that lets girls in for cheaper than guys, maybe in London and bigger cities? Feel a bit ripped off that I've been paying full entry price all these years lol.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Probably not, these clubs definitely aren't good!

Meh, might be, Equalities Act is still fairly new and no one's tested it on this one yet. I once tried to drunkenly point this out to a bouncer after he said it was girls only in for the next hour, he didn't seem amenable to the line of argument! I once went to a club that insisted on only letting in people deemed attractive enough, that was pretty weird in the queue!

Also, unlikely the fine would be more than the losses they'd make by ending the policy.

ReputationRep:
    Some might see it as sexist. Could I be considered sexist for having 30 male friends and only 10 female friends? If it's going to be about numbers then the only fair way to do anything is to make everything 1:1.

That, or everyone has to become a hermaphrodite. Those are the only ways I believe these nit-picking fools will shut up forever.
    its not sexist to have more male friends than female. you are only sexist if you have sexist ideology. is this not obvious? your post is an exaggeration. and the only fools i see are the ones that dont see the issue with the thread

ReputationRep:
    Yep, the lesser of two evils wouldn't you agree?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.