The Student Room Group

Remove RE/Citizenship From The Curriculum And Replace With Programming!

Scroll to see replies

Actually, I remember our dear citizenship teacher teaching us about the BNP, obviously not in any detail, and I remember asking my teacher what else they had in their manifesto and she said 'just like what other parties have' which is a pathetic lack of any detail. Clearly there is an ideology behind the BNP and sadly the essence of truth is in that the government made forced changes, the emphasis on minority race membership based on race is why they wanted whites only, to prove a point. To this day I don't know what they intend to do with minorities because apparently they're just like the other political parties according to my education.
Reply 41
I read recently about a school in Greenwich which replaced IT with programming and citizenship with PPE (Philosophy, politics and economics). That seems the way to go I feel.
Original post by tory88
I read recently about a school in Greenwich which replaced IT with programming and citizenship with PPE (Philosophy, politics and economics). That seems the way to go I feel.

IT is being replaced my programming anyway, across the board. The PPE is a good idea too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by tory88

Yeah I agree with the above poster, that seems like a good idea.

I did economics at GCSE and am really glad I did it and as gave me basic knowledge for understanding current affairs. A summary to help people understand certain terms would be useful, so I can see PPE working.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending