Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We weren't together very long, we split up because we weren't suited and were going in very different directions. I feel bad about the way it happened and I regret not staying in touch with him but I do not regret ending it, he died the following year.

ReputationRep:
    I've been in the same relationship since I was 20, it's been 14 years now so it's kind of hard to remember any of the other gals...

One girl I was with mentioned to me on the phone, she went to a party the weekend (just they way she was talking, I knew something didn't seem right).... She waited until the next time we met up, at a mates house, and in front of 3 mates told me she kisses some one but was so sorry..

Needless to say, I walked to back to hers, kissed her on the cheek, then never answered her calls again.

After a few years, I saw her out shopping... Now with a baby and looking as rough as hell.. IT MADE ME SMILE

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I read this thread as, what did you eat for breakfast

Relationship October 2009-Feb 2013, she started acting a little odd and distant, and didn't speak to me as much, but I thought we were fine, since we'd had 3 years with literally no arguments. Came to visit me at uni and broke up wth me, have hardly heard from her since. Just about come to terms with it now, and it WAS a good time, but I was absolutely crushed before :/

Regrets? None about the actual relationship, but the 400 quid holiday to Rome last September, and the 70 quid bottle of perfume would have bought me a nice bass (music student )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Relationship October 2009-Feb 2013, she started acting a little odd and distant, and didn't speak to me as much, but I thought we were fine, since we'd had 3 years with literally no arguments. Came to visit me at uni and broke up wth me, have hardly heard from her since. Just about come to terms with it now, and it WAS a good time, but I was absolutely crushed before :/

Regrets? None about the actual relationship, but the 400 quid holiday to Rome last September, and the 70 quid bottle of perfume would have bought me a nice bass (music student )
    woah, that seems to sudden after such a long relationship!

ReputationRep:
    Well she cheated on me and then dumped me for another guy :P honestly, best thing that ever happened to me cause it led to me being with my current girlfriend and were celebrating our 18 month anniversary today and I couldn't be happier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munrot07)
    Well she cheated on me and then dumped me for another guy :P honestly, best thing that ever happened to me cause it led to me being with my current girlfriend and were celebrating our 18 month anniversary today and I couldn't be happier
    :O
    But yeah, definitely worked out the best

ReputationRep:
    2.5 years and broke up the very end of 2011, 2 of them were largely happy and we didn't argue or anything. But I changed so much between 15 and 17, depression got in the way and I really didn't have the heart to try and fix it. We were fairly incompatible by the end. But he's got a new girlfriend and seems happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Because I'm a tool. No great regrets really (except perhaps in a selfish sense e.g. I could have 'fought for the relationship' and prolonged it but that may not have been to her advantage); really I wasn't cut out for being a boyfriend in the sense that she needed and ultimately she deserves someone more energetic
    well hopefully you know what to do in future now
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    1. She decided she 'couldn't cope with LDR anymore' only to announce she was with someone who lives about half an hour further from her 2 weeks later...

2. Another LDR, she was from Ukraine and spent the summer cheating on me there... found out and we broke up at the end of first week at uni after 11 months.

3. After 8 months she decided she couldn't deal with being in a relationship anymore and was getting really scared that I'd go bad like her ex who raped her... still good friends with her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natninja)
    1. She decided she 'couldn't cope with LDR anymore' only to announce she was with someone who lives about half an hour further from her 2 weeks later...

2. Another LDR, she was from Ukraine and spent the summer cheating on me there... found out and we broke up at the end of first week at uni after 11 months.

3. After 8 months she decided she couldn't deal with being in a relationship anymore and was getting really scared that I'd go bad like her ex who raped her... still good friends with her
    oh dear, not much good luck then but hopefully you are having better luck

ReputationRep:
    1. I got sick of him verbally abusing me - 6 months
    2. Came back of holiday and my friend told me he had commented on some girls photo saying fit, I asked him about it and turned into argument (not a very big one) and he broke up with me saying he cba anymore, main reason was he got used to be single again over the 3 weeks I was gone - 3months
    3. We were both quite busy and didn't look like we'd hardly see eachother so we decided to just be friends for the mean time - 1 week
    Initially I wondered if it was the right decision each time but I know it definitely was now
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Classic "I'm not feeling it anymore".
    Regrets? A few.

ReputationRep:
    I am a Christian and he isn't. He thought my family hated him, didn't want to get married and told me 'he couldn't love the religious parts of me', whatever that means. I don't blame him really, at least he was honest in the end. He's with someone else now five months down the line and I wish him all the best. I regret feeling pressured that I wasn't 'giving him enough' (as I wasn't sleeping with him), and let the boundaries be pushed all the way into heavy foreplay. I feel like this confused him, and made me feel horribly guilty and low later. Also, it was LDR and we wouldn't see each other for weeks and weeks, so when we were together it often got very passionate and it was hard to hold back. At least he's happy now, I've decided to only court Christian people to save stress on both sides

I found out a load of **** he'd said about his ex girlfriends, so I asked him about it, he freaked out and was like "I can't date you now!"...like I was some broken doll or something lol. and that was that. Not arsed tbh, didn't want to date someone like that, all I could think about was all the **** he'd be saying about me behind MY back if it carried on!

ReputationRep:
    We made it through my entire first year at university long distance.

He goes to university and less than two weeks in leaves me for somebody else. They lasted less than a month

ReputationRep:
    I sobered up.

I managed to find the strength to break free.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

this sounds far too familiar! Minus the holiday and the perfume!

Literally the same start/end dates to the relationship - no arguments etc but it was me who broke it off because things we were getting really distant. Weird. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Got sick of it! I forgave being cheated on twice and a few months later I just thought "you know what, **** this". And then broke up with him. Think I finally realised there was life outside of having a boyfriend.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 16, 2013
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.