Nice to meet you, TSR! Watch

Night_owl_93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by lucine.B)
Ah yes that makes sense. Thats good, like i said one step at a time. Do whatever feels right

Of course!!! that's the only way. I'm a very optimistic person which is hard to believe considering my past! No problem i'll support you no matter what, you've got a good thing going! Hahaha well i'm a pretty disciplined person so that way works for me but i see. You need to get your ass in check LOL Oh i know haha.

Hmm i personally wouldn't as i hate the idea of being in debt but it may be the choice for you when you reach that stage. Great! that's perfect, what kind??? have you been looking around??? You should also get an internship (you can get so many summer ones & they're usually paid). Why don't you then??? How do you mean???
:confused: wouldn't everyone do well with an opportunity like that??? Oh and thanks good luck to you too

Same here!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE movies i'd love to be an actor (movies specifically) although I've been lucky enough to be in the cast of some West end shows when i was younger of course haha. I literally just watch movies all day...however i've been sooo busy lately that I just don't have any time atm but i plan to watch as many as i can over the holidays whilst i have time!!! You haven't seen it?!! Wow you must haha. Same here!!! I have a ton of interests its unreal just ask any of my friends!!! And i always do something to pursue it. I mean i love music and its my life so i choose to constantly write songs, and go to the studio to meet players and that and network and all that stuff. I love dance so i dance an have done from a young age! I do all the sports i can because i love sports and well i was training to be a pro athlete in year 9 and compete in 2012 but that dream sadly came to a halt but i reckon in a few years time maybe i can get it started again. I do sooo many things i've lost count lol.

Yes of course we're all different. It certainly does, having an idea of what you want in the future allows you to do all you can now to get it. No need to say sorry haha.
Hahaha we're all the same! Ahh well you're awake now so can live life and have some fun as a 14 year old Wanna study but have some fun as well. Ooooh what games do you play??? What console do you have??? I love playing games, cooking, tv, movies, music well a lot of things in my spare time. I could give you a list if you want???
Well of course why not??? Well said I gained my first interest in forensics from watching a looooot of NCIS (love that show its the best) and well my interest in psychology came from a lot of things hehe.

Ah well for me i feel like helping others is programmed inside of me. I can't not help people for some reason. I mean even if its hard i can at least try! I don't really do it to feel better i do it because i know i can and any help is better than none right??? but yes it is good to feel nice when you've helped another i guess it can make you feel like your life has meaning or something. Its great! I love helping others and well basically showing them they have a chance in life esp. when they feel like they don't!!! Haha well good manners are the sign of a good man or rather a gentleman.

Ah yes well anyone would be. You should be happy! Hmm i get what you mean, if only that universe existed.
With regards to your disability how bad is your hip dysplasia now??? What did the operations actually do for you???
My operations & treatment for my problem took up most of my primary school years. I was in and out 24/7 but i do remember enjoying while could. i wasn't fully in school until year 4 when all was ok. But i don't have a disability so i guess its different for you.
I'm sure you have a new dream now though??? Which is to i dunno succeed in life??? I suppose it would've been nice to go through life like that, not have to worry about when where you're going to hospital for how long etc. But i think you're past shapes who you are today and well everything happens for a reason. So think its kind of good you didn't live the so-called normal way (your dream). You have because at least now you'll be an example to others showing its all possible and well that nothing can stop you, you just need to keep you head straight and work hard & well want to get somewhere in life.
Its all good hehe
How have you been lately???
So far I have been asked to go into Exeter college for my assessments in English and Maths so they can see what level I'm going to be working on, they are trying to help me come up with a timetable so I can get myself organised, in the meantime I'm going to get my driving sorted out for travel, luckily my disability allows me to get free bus journeys for the meantime so thats a money saver! (yay! ) I was in the university the other day, it was like a maze! I was collecting research on the subjects I want to do so I got a load of prospectuses to get an idea of what I need to do ready for the future, so best get planned ahead (I was answering your last question first lol )

By the sounds of things your future looks well planned, despite anyones past, either grim or clean, there is always a way to make it look good Thats also really nice of you say that, no ones ever told me that before, thats sweet! :blush: from where I originally lived, most of the people were pretty selfish! Speaking from your view, you were more likely in secondary school much longer than me therefore your mind is much more switched on than me whereas I would have a hard time listening and yes I definitely need to get my arse in check! at least I'm not in primary school, that would just be weird lol

As for apprenticeships, I'm not sure which one yet but it would probably in IT looking at the colleges vacancies, but like I said, I'm sticking to my GCSE's for now until the time is right I was looking into internships after reading your reply but I don't understand any of it :confused: I guess I didn't really have plans to study abroad but looking at the prospectuses there are some opportunities in some of the subjects so I guess all I can say to that is PACK MY BAGS!!! You sound really interested in studying abroad, from the messages you sent to me, you sound like you would do well from it! I always thought that a science/law student wouldn't really be needed abroad but I guess the prospectus proved me wrong! The more luck the merrier!

You and I sound extremely similar, I can watch a bundle of films in a day, action, comedy, war, comic book, thriller, any genre suits me, just depends on my mood I guess I remember attending only a few drama classes in school, I was terrible at it! When the holidays kick in, my eyes will be glued to a screen watching films, but yeah I've been pretty busy lately with the move, getting my education sorted, well everything lol I am so going to get Taken, I saw some clips on youtube, looks really good! As for my interests, when I was in hospital, my dad used to bring me a lot of comic books or graphic novels to read which probably explains why I want to do some of the stuff from different characters, like the science or criminology (if you know who I'm referring to, your welcome to name him! hehe ) For my physical side, I'm allowed to do anything but no heavy impact sports like football or rugby, I'm ok with anything light, I just haven't had the chance to look into it more, I already eat well and look healthy from physiotherapy maybe in the future when I'm a little more confident I should be able to do more

I was saying sorry because I felt I was in no position to tell you how to study and I just realized that was kind of how it sounded But yeah I totally agree with you about doing anything to get to your goals I guess I'll just have to wait and see who I meet at college (I was just about to type in school lol ) and try and socialize with them All work and no play will make Andrew a very dull boy I play ps3, although I'm still wiping dust off lol I haven't had the chance, I'm into shooters mostly, but any game as long as its good! My spare time is pretty much unlimited or I should say was lol but I do my chores during the day like the washing, cooking or cleaning the house to help out then I got the rest of the day at my oyster! Something tells me its going to be a long list, go ahead! hehe Like I said, all work and no play I can't believe you made a mention of NCIS! I love that show! Mark Harmon just aces the role :cool: That was actually one of my inspirations for forensics too, but I've got other inspirations too (you want a list? hehe )

I feel the exact same way about helping others, I feel it builds a lot of trust in others showing that you are always will to help their situation no matter what and even though when someone is having a hard time they can always turn to their friends That is one of the nicest things anyone has said to me, I find that showing politeness will get you far in a social circle, its whats on the inside that counts

Keeping a happy mind will make a happy future! As for my hip now, its good, I have slight limp but I got a shoe step to fix that, the operations were replacements where they had to place a metal plate onto my hip so when I was growing it would say in place, so in a way I had a metal hip for most of my childhood, when I was 14, I had a hip reconstruction which was the one that changed everything for me which you notice is why I call it the "big one" where they had to give me a whole new hip and cut a growth spurt on my right leg, hence the limp because both my hips are not the same length. The result of all of it was a slight limp on my left leg and scoliosis on my back, but over the years physiotherapy and some light workouts has made me better.

What were your operations for, if you don't mind me asking? did they have a big effect on your life?

My dreams are to just do well, get a nice house, car, be successful, the typical dream I guess lol Throughout my school life, I was very depressed and stressed because everything moved on and ever since the big operation my mind was frozen which is why I have a very hard time fitting into social events whereas almost everyone my age has done uni or are working full time jobs and doing things like going on holidays or going clubbing, I feel really left out But then I realized, I can't just keep sitting in the corner crying about it, I've got to get out there and go on from where I left off, so I decided to apply for my GCSE's, try and meet new people and start over! Even though my past is gritty, I know I can make the future a good one!
livvyt
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Night_owl_93)
Hi all,

My names Andrew and I have just signed up to TSR to get help with pretty much my life to sum it all up lol

I am 20 years old, although not many people will believe me, I barely have an education, my history goes back to my disability, I suffer from hip dysplasia which limits my mobility, I had multiple operations during my school years which caused me to lose concentration on my work and never got to finish my GCSE's therefore I never got to do A-levels or get any work experience.

I really hope there is someone who can help me because it has all resulted in me hitting rock bottom as a result, basically no education, no work experience and a very small CV.

Many Thanks, Andrew

Hey Andrew

Bets of luck finishing your education off if thast what you decide to do! It's refreshing to see that you still have a positive outlook regardless of everything trying to hold you back. Hope you meet some nice people on here! Still looking myself lol x
Night_owl_93
Rep:
?
(Original post by livvyt)
Hey Andrew

Bets of luck finishing your education off if thast what you decide to do! It's refreshing to see that you still have a positive outlook regardless of everything trying to hold you back. Hope you meet some nice people on here! Still looking myself lol x
Hi Livvyt,

Thanks for the support, I really do appreciate it, theres always hope despite having a bad past I already have met some people on TSR that are really willing to help me I hope you find the help your looking for, I'm always able to listen and help any way I can
livvyt
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Livvyt,

Thanks for the support, I really do appreciate it, theres always hope despite having a bad past I already have met some people on TSR that are really willing to help me I hope you find the help your looking for, I'm always able to listen and help any way I can
Thanks dude, thats really nice to know lifes easier when people support and help you eh best of luck!
Night_owl_93
Rep:
?
Thanks dude, thats really nice to know lifes easier when people support and help you eh best of luck!
Thanks, you know what they say, you scratch my back, I scratch yours hehe but yeah, I saw your info (I hope you don't mind, sorry ) and saw you want to study Law, is that quite hard to get into, what are the requirements?
livvyt
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Aaw course not, feel free to have a peep! Yeah pretty ambitious eh? Deffo will have to put the work in! Er entry requirements range i think hun. Some uni's ask for BBC and others are BBB or ABB, AAB etc. Depends where your looking. Is Law something you've considered or just curious? Do you know what you'd like to do yet?
Night_owl_93
Rep:
?
Aaw course not, feel free to have a peep! Yeah pretty ambitious eh? Deffo will have to put the work in! Er entry requirements range i think hun. Some uni's ask for BBC and others are BBB or ABB, AAB etc. Depends where your looking. Is Law something you've considered or just curious? Do you know what you'd like to do yet?
After everything that's happened I'm very ambitious lol I just wanted to get an idea for the requirements just so I know what to do I'm looking to do a range of subjects and law is one of them. My list is:

Forensics
Criminology
Law
Forensic Accounting
Chemistry
Physics
Geology
Computer Science
History
Languages

As you can see I picked a variety of subjects so I can get a mix but most of them lead to law I was thinking after I completed college I will do combined degrees for the subjects but I'm not sure if that makes the subjects shorter :confused:
lucine.B
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
So far I have been asked to go into Exeter college for my assessments in English and Maths so they can see what level I'm going to be working on, they are trying to help me come up with a timetable so I can get myself organised, in the meantime I'm going to get my driving sorted out for travel, luckily my disability allows me to get free bus journeys for the meantime so that's a money saver! (yay! ) I was in the university the other day, it was like a maze! I was collecting research on the subjects I want to do so I got a load of prospectuses to get an idea of what I need to do ready for the future, so best get planned ahead (I was answering your last question first lol )

By the sounds of things your future looks well planned, despite anyone's past, either grim or clean, there is always a way to make it look good Thats also really nice of you say that, no ones ever told me that before, that's sweet! :blush: from where I originally lived, most of the people were pretty selfish! Speaking from your view, you were more likely in secondary school much longer than me therefore your mind is much more switched on than me whereas I would have a hard time listening and yes I definitely need to get my arse in check! at least I'm not in primary school, that would just be weird lol

As for apprenticeships, I'm not sure which one yet but it would probably in IT looking at the colleges vacancies, but like I said, I'm sticking to my GCSE's for now until the time is right I was looking into internships after reading your reply but I don't understand any of it :confused: I guess I didn't really have plans to study abroad but looking at the prospectuses there are some opportunities in some of the subjects so I guess all I can say to that is PACK MY BAGS!!! You sound really interested in studying abroad, from the messages you sent to me, you sound like you would do well from it! I always thought that a science/law student wouldn't really be needed abroad but I guess the prospectus proved me wrong! The more luck the merrier!

You and I sound extremely similar, I can watch a bundle of films in a day, action, comedy, war, comic book, thriller, any genre suits me, just depends on my mood I guess I remember attending only a few drama classes in school, I was terrible at it! When the holidays kick in, my eyes will be glued to a screen watching films, but yeah I've been pretty busy lately with the move, getting my education sorted, well everything lol I am so going to get Taken, I saw some clips on youtube, looks really good! As for my interests, when I was in hospital, my dad used to bring me a lot of comic books or graphic novels to read which probably explains why I want to do some of the stuff from different characters, like the science or criminology (if you know who I'm referring to, your welcome to name him! hehe ) For my physical side, I'm allowed to do anything but no heavy impact sports like football or rugby, I'm ok with anything light, I just haven't had the chance to look into it more, I already eat well and look healthy from physiotherapy maybe in the future when I'm a little more confident I should be able to do more

I was saying sorry because I felt I was in no position to tell you how to study and I just realized that was kind of how it sounded But yeah I totally agree with you about doing anything to get to your goals I guess I'll just have to wait and see who I meet at college (I was just about to type in school lol ) and try and socialize with them All work and no play will make Andrew a very dull boy I play ps3, although I'm still wiping dust off lol I haven't had the chance, I'm into shooters mostly, but any game as long as its good! My spare time is pretty much unlimited or I should say was lol but I do my chores during the day like the washing, cooking or cleaning the house to help out then I got the rest of the day at my oyster! Something tells me its going to be a long list, go ahead! hehe Like I said, all work and no play I can't believe you made a mention of NCIS! I love that show! Mark Harmon just aces the role :cool: That was actually one of my inspirations for forensics too, but I've got other inspirations too (you want a list? hehe )

I feel the exact same way about helping others, I feel it builds a lot of trust in others showing that you are always will to help their situation no matter what and even though when someone is having a hard time they can always turn to their friends That is one of the nicest things anyone has said to me, I find that showing politeness will get you far in a social circle, its whats on the inside that counts

Keeping a happy mind will make a happy future! As for my hip now, its good, I have slight limp but I got a shoe step to fix that, the operations were replacements where they had to place a metal plate onto my hip so when I was growing it would say in place, so in a way I had a metal hip for most of my childhood, when I was 14, I had a hip reconstruction which was the one that changed everything for me which you notice is why I call it the "big one" where they had to give me a whole new hip and cut a growth spurt on my right leg, hence the limp because both my hips are not the same length. The result of all of it was a slight limp on my left leg and scoliosis on my back, but over the years physiotherapy and some light workouts has made me better.

What were your operations for, if you don't mind me asking? did they have a big effect on your life?

My dreams are to just do well, get a nice house, car, be successful, the typical dream I guess lol Throughout my school life, I was very depressed and stressed because everything moved on and ever since the big operation my mind was frozen which is why I have a very hard time fitting into social events whereas almost everyone my age has done uni or are working full time jobs and doing things like going on holidays or going clubbing, I feel really left out But then I realized, I can't just keep sitting in the corner crying about it, I've got to get out there and go on from where I left off, so I decided to apply for my GCSE's, try and meet new people and start over! Even though my past is gritty, I know I can make the future a good one!

Ahhh i see you answered the last one haha! For a second i was like :confused: hahaha LOL but yeah nice. Oh cool that great. I have been to sooo many open days so now I've just been receiving a ton of prospectuses in the post.
How far is Exeter from Devon???
Well i get free travel because of my age!!! Hahaha they are pretty big aren't they??? My school is also pretty big sometimes I get lost
Of course! I always plan ahead, i'm organised that way haha I always think ahead as well. I think ahead so much that all my friends think i'm a great chess player because apparently chess players think ahead! I forgot how to play chess...now trying to relearn on my iPad lol.

Believe it or not at the start of this academic year i had no idea what i was going to do all i knew was music! Which i will be pursuing more so when i've graduated. Yeah well i'm also taking gap year
Ah well i agree your past makes you who you are today...but my past was horrible but i try and make something good of it. Its good...i think. I just try haha Awww really??? Your welcome Not even your parents have said that to you??? Ah well there are a lot of selfish people in the world that just how it is unfortunately.
Yeah makes sense, i have been in school a while but since you're dedicated to doing well i think you'll be just fine. I knew it Oh god yeah it seriously would! A 20 year old 6 ft guy (don't know your height sorry haha) in the middle of class full of children just over 1 ft hahaa hilarious!!!

Ah cool! Well yeah take it one step at a time http://www.indeed.co.uk/Internship-jobs-in-Devon
http://www.internship-uk.com/program_placement.asp
Yessssss if you get into a course that gives you the opportunity of a year abroad grab it with both hands!!! You'll thank me later There are plenty of opportunities like that because the uni's over here have partners elsewhere! Well i hope it does me good. Definitely! Lets just pray i do well haha

IKR!!! I thought so too. Hahaha I looove all kinds of movies as well! but i haaaate romantic dramas they are not my thing at all. Aww well you can always try again. Taken is really good. I have a feeling one of the is Batman and the other is at the tip of my tongue but i'm probably wrong considering most of the comic books i read are the avengers or superman...hmmm though i do read some batman ( i love him) but not as much as the others. Actually not sure i could never decide hehe- too indecisive. Ah okay cool, well at least you can do some things. Thats good...would you ever want to do those sports??? I love heavy impact sports. Confidence is key, i wish i had more self-confidence but its has grown dramatically and so has my self-esteem but its just isn't as high as i'd like it to be.

OKay well then apology accepted. Socialize with them but also mix with those your age maybe in your new neighborhood??? Btw do you live with your parents or alone??? Did you just move from a city in Devon to another or did you move to Devon??? Its good to be domestic. I love COD, GTA, Aspalt, Need for speed and many others!!! NCIS is da bomb OMG i know he is just a-mah-zing. Go ahead give me a list yay, if you saw my inspirations you'd be reading a mini story hehehe.

Oh yh i do lots! Its a looooong list

I dance, sing (as i already said), act. Love basketball, skiing, snowboarding, travelling, baseball. Love the f1, nascar, motor GP, horse riding, athletics, swimming, tennis, the fmx. I am very interested in extreme sports and hope to do a skydive soon! I love soaking up different cultures. Love checking out new restaurants etc. Kind of addicted to tv and playing on my xbox and ps3. Love drawing and creating things, enjoy designing stuff including clothes. Love school (but i'm not a nerd haha)...Erm.... love football, cadets, volunteering. Love planning events, LOVE watching movies (my top 3 genres are actions, comedies & horrors/thrillers though i am a sucker for musicals. Love Gene kelly. Hate romantic dramas. I am in love with Michael Jackson!!! Literally haha, he was such a genius and i take sooo much inspiration from him. Love music. play a little football but prefer to watch it
love all extreme sports (like i said) mainly the red bull/monster
LOVE cooking!...baking as well lol
love reading
love acting (drama) (like i already said)
love playing instruments
love bxming
love para-sailing
love travelling
love helping others
love volunteering
love love love movies (action/comedy/horror & thriller also scifi but it depends...although i do have a weakness for musicals
in terms of tv especially love things like the big bang theory, mindy project, family guy, american dad, cleveland show, NCIS, sherlock, dr who, happy endings, hollyoaks, top gear, my name is earl, IQ, have i got news for you, would i lie to you, good news show, my wife & kids, fresh prince, the returned... basically anything on channel 4, E4, BBC3, BBC1, Dave, Viva, ITV2, 4Music, Food network, FOX and well others
hmm i love a lot of things
skating
writing music, making music
i love learning as well haha
kinda like fashion/like being fashionable my sisters more into that though
i dunno i enjoy a lot of things as i said!
Wbu???
I dunno what else, there's probably much i haven't mentioned i'll let you know when i remember lol

Awww haha well i aim to be nice. Good we're on the same level then. Of course, manners will get you far in life.

Oooooh do you have one of those shoes with the huge sole??? Cool! Oh wow, a metal hip??? It was that bad??? Thats a shame but at least all or most is good now A bit of physio is always good.

They were a big effect on my childhood but they didn't manage to ruin it. Well...i'll PM you about it

Yes the typical lol. I can only imagine....i know slightly what you would've been going through as i have had a pretty depressing life and things have been horrible for me in the past but i don't dwell on that. You should never feel left out!!! Go out with friends your age i am sure there are clubs in your area! o have fun just because you're starting over you can still have fun and enjoy yourself with your friends who are the same age as you. Go to socials in town or youth clubs or something. If you volunteer some place i'm sure you'll meet tons of people your age.
Well i have never ever pitied myself! I couldn't i just don't see the point its not possible. I try to just be a better version of myself. Its good you don;t pity yourself...anymore. I've always thought 'get a grip' there's always someone int the world (and i hate to think of this ) there's always someone suffering way worse than you not mater how bad what you're going through is. I think that i just need to get on with life and there's so much i can do well YOLO hahaha can't sit in a corner crying!!! No no no lol
Its great you are getting on with things, that fantastic to hear Your future is what you want it to be!!! The world is your oyster aha. Do as you please
Vidit
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Everyone ,

Boys' of my age know better than me about what's going on around. Always think of coping up with them , but never had put any efforts as such. Lets see what happens this time.
Night_owl_93
Rep:
?
(Original post by lucine.B)

Ahhh i see you answered the last one haha! For a second i was like :confused: hahaha LOL but yeah nice. Oh cool that great. I have been to sooo many open days so now I've just been receiving a ton of prospectuses in the post.
How far is Exeter from Devon???
Well i get free travel because of my age!!! Hahaha they are pretty big aren't they??? My school is also pretty big sometimes I get lost
Of course! I always plan ahead, i'm organised that way haha I always think ahead as well. I think ahead so much that all my friends think i'm a great chess player because apparently chess players think ahead! I forgot how to play chess...now trying to relearn on my iPad lol.

Believe it or not at the start of this academic year i had no idea what i was going to do all i knew was music! Which i will be pursuing more so when i've graduated. Yeah well i'm also taking gap year
Ah well i agree your past makes you who you are today...but my past was horrible but i try and make something good of it. Its good...i think. I just try haha Awww really??? Your welcome Not even your parents have said that to you??? Ah well there are a lot of selfish people in the world that just how it is unfortunately.
Yeah makes sense, i have been in school a while but since you're dedicated to doing well i think you'll be just fine. I knew it Oh god yeah it seriously would! A 20 year old 6 ft guy (don't know your height sorry haha) in the middle of class full of children just over 1 ft hahaa hilarious!!!

Ah cool! Well yeah take it one step at a time http://www.indeed.co.uk/Internship-jobs-in-Devon
http://www.internship-uk.com/program_placement.asp
Yessssss if you get into a course that gives you the opportunity of a year abroad grab it with both hands!!! You'll thank me later There are plenty of opportunities like that because the uni's over here have partners elsewhere! Well i hope it does me good. Definitely! Lets just pray i do well haha

IKR!!! I thought so too. Hahaha I looove all kinds of movies as well! but i haaaate romantic dramas they are not my thing at all. Aww well you can always try again. Taken is really good. I have a feeling one of the is Batman and the other is at the tip of my tongue but i'm probably wrong considering most of the comic books i read are the avengers or superman...hmmm though i do read some batman ( i love him) but not as much as the others. Actually not sure i could never decide hehe- too indecisive. Ah okay cool, well at least you can do some things. Thats good...would you ever want to do those sports??? I love heavy impact sports. Confidence is key, i wish i had more self-confidence but its has grown dramatically and so has my self-esteem but its just isn't as high as i'd like it to be.

OKay well then apology accepted. Socialize with them but also mix with those your age maybe in your new neighborhood??? Btw do you live with your parents or alone??? Did you just move from a city in Devon to another or did you move to Devon??? Its good to be domestic. I love COD, GTA, Aspalt, Need for speed and many others!!! NCIS is da bomb OMG i know he is just a-mah-zing. Go ahead give me a list yay, if you saw my inspirations you'd be reading a mini story hehehe.

Oh yh i do lots! Its a looooong list

I dance, sing (as i already said), act. Love basketball, skiing, snowboarding, travelling, baseball, tennis, swimming. Love the f1, nascar, motor GP, horse riding, athletics, swimming, tennis, the fmx. I am very interested in extreme sports and hope to do a skydive soon! I love cooking, and soaking up different cultures. Love checking out new restaurants etc. Kind of addicted to tv and playing on my xbox and ps3. Love drawing and creating things, enjoy designing stuff including clothes. Love school (but i'm not a nerd haha)...Erm.... love football, cadets, volunteering. Love planning events, LOVE watching movies (my top 3 genres are actions, comedies & horrors/thrillers though i am a sucker for musicals. Love Gene kelly. Hate romantic dramas. I am in love with Michael Jackson!!! Literally haha, he was such a genius and i take sooo much inspiration from him. Love music. play a little football but prefer to watch it
love all extreme sports mainly the red bull/monster
LOVE cooking!...baking as well lol
love reading
love acting (drama)
love singing
love playing instruments
love bxming
love para-sailing
love travelling
love helping others
love volunteering
love love love movies (action/comedy/horror & thriller also scifi but it depends...although i do have a weakness for musicals
love tv haha especially things like the big bang, mindy project, family guy, american dad, cleveland show, NCIS, sherlock, dr who, happy endings, hollyoaks, top gear, my name is earl, IQ, have i got news for you, would i lie to you, good news show, my wife & kids, fresh prince, the returned... basically anything on channel 4, E4, BBC3, BBC1, Dave, Viva, ITV2, 4Music, Food network, FOX and well others
hmm i love a lot of things
skating
writing music, making music
i love learning as well haha
kinda like fashion/like being fashionable my sisters more into that though
i dunno i enjoy a lot of things as i said!
Wbu???
I dunno what else, there's probably much i haven't mentioned i'll let you know when i remember lol

Awww haha well i aim to be nice. Good we're on the same level then. Of course, manners will get you far in life.

Oooooh do you have one of those shoes with the huge sole??? Cool! Oh wow, a metal hip??? It was that bad??? Thats a shame but at least all or most is good now A bit of physio is always good.

They were a big effect on my childhood but they didn't manage to ruin it. Well...i'll PM you about it

Yes the typical lol. I can only imagine....i know slightly what you would've been going through as i have had a pretty depressing life and things have been horrible for me in the past but i don't dwell on that. You should never feel left out!!! Go out with friends your age i am sure there are clubs in your area! o have fun just because you're starting over you can still have fun and enjoy yourself with your friends who are the same age as you. Go to socials in town or youth clubs or something. If you volunteer some place i'm sure you'll meet tons of people your age.
Well i have never ever pitied myself! I couldn't i just don't see the point its not possible. I try to just be a better version of myself. Its good you don;t pity yourself...anymore. I've always thought 'get a grip' there's always someone int the world (and i hate to think of this ) there's always someone suffering way worse than you not mater how bad what you're going through is. I think that i just need to get on with life and there's so much i can do well YOLO hahaha can't sit in a corner crying!!! No no no lol
Its great you are getting on with things, that fantastic to hear Your future is what you want it to be!!! The world is your oyster aha. Do as you please
You should see the library of prospectuses from the university, I don't understand any of it though :confused: Exeter is about half an hour from where I live so not that far for travel, but seeing as the classes I signed up for are during the day, traveling there and back isn't a big issue for me And yes, I did get lost around the university, probably about 5 times! It was like a mini city!
Trust me, I never go to bed unless I have everything done and ready, but like you said, always best to plan ahead I haven't played chess in a long time, I heard it keeps your mind focused, I always end up losing every game! I prefer the good ol' classic wooden board, much more authentic

I say go with what you feel is best for you, as for me, I have a ton of subjects, I was thinking about it the other day on which ones I will do, I would probably end up combining subjects and going on from there, but I'm still not at that stage yet so I feel I don't have to think about it too soon I'm not sure what a gap year is (never actually heard of it before lol) is it a good thing?
Was there a big event in your past? by the tone of your messages, you sound like you've already overcome it Like I said, a lot of people are selfish, but that's a story for another time I bet knowing me I'm going to be one of those people that even though I'm the last one of my friends to start uni, I end up turning out the most successful! and I'm 5'9 hehe

Ok, I will start looking into internships, its just that I never even knew they existed! (I have missed out on a lot! ) Studying abroad has got me a little excited now, can't wait!

I'm going to say this right now, when college starts, a film day is going to happen whenever I get time off! I know what you mean about romantic dramas, I fall asleep through most of if not, all of them! Yeah, Batman is actually one of my inspirations to do criminology, law and science, but I'm not putting on any capes and masks! Comic books are what got me into wanting to do science, the avengers and superman are cool, although I'm into Batman, Iron Man, Green Arrow, Spider-man, mostly the sci-fi ones I saw the avengers film but not the new superman yet I'd say I would do things like martial arts (not competing) or archery, something safe for now and pursue other sports when I'm a little more stronger to handle them Did something happen to you that caused you to lose your self-esteem?

Most people in my neighborhood are retired, so I find it hard to find in with that kind of crowd, I'm guessing you already know about my problems finding others my age, the thing is, a lot of them have moved on, they have finished or still in university, they have full time jobs. I don't really know how to put it, they all went through the "developmental stages (college, university, social events like holidays or nightclubs)" whereas I never got to do any of those things so I feel so out of touch when talking to others because they have done it all with each other. I live with my parents, we moved from West Sussex which is a long way from where I live now! So out here in Devon, I feel really distanced from everyone

Also, when I have "film day" I might throw in some games as well, like I said, I'm still dusting my ps3 off! But yeah, any game will do as long as its a good one! The list of inspirations (movies aswell) starts with:

NCIS
Arrow
CSI
CSI Miami
CSI New York (Best of the series )
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
The Avengers

I think your mini story is a story for another day hehe

My list is pretty long but a lot of them are some of yours so I'm just going to throw my ones on top lol A lot of the things on my list I am allowed to do only if they are not high impact such as with gymnastics, I know I can do light floor moves like rolls or cartwheels, anything involving jumps as long as I can hit a soft landing (if that makes sense, its kind of hard to explain with me ) So the list starts with:

Running
Swimming
Weightlifting
Yoga
Pilates
Gymnastics (Nothing too intense)
Mountain Climbing
Martial Arts (Not Competing )
Fencing
Archery
Fast food (Its my drug )
Ps3 (Need to get more games! also are you online, we should team up sometime? )

A lot of the stuff on your list is very similar to me, but I just added some of my stuff hehe

What I got was an instep where I can take it out and put it into any shoes I get in the future, I found it made things a lot easier I wasn't exactly a metal hip, they put like a brace on my hip but inside my leg (hope that makes more sense ) Anyway, after I got discharged, the consultant said I was allowed to do sport but nothing where I'm getting knocked around so my hip doesn't get damaged

Its good to know that you still did well after it happened, I'm always here to listen when your ready I'm thinking of setting up a webcam account some point so I can talk to people with a more direct approach

I'm sure there are lots of ways I can find a way to fit in, I know this idea may sound crazy but the people I end up meeting in college I might end up having close friendships with, I just need to tell them my story and hopefully they'll understand I know what its like to have that "rock bottom" feeling, where you have little to nothing, right now I think the best thing to do right now is to think like a year 9 - 11 student (basically from where I left off) and continue from there YOLO! best way to put it

Also thanks for accepting my friend request, I feel we will end up helping each other out so I thought I would do it anyway
lucine.B
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
You should see the library of prospectuses from the university, I don't understand any of it though :confused: Exeter is about half an hour from where I live so not that far for travel, but seeing as the classes I signed up for are during the day, traveling there and back isn't a big issue for me And yes, I did get lost around the university, probably about 5 times! It was like a mini city!
Trust me, I never go to bed unless I have everything done and ready, but like you said, always best to plan ahead I haven't played chess in a long time, I heard it keeps your mind focused, I always end up losing every game! I prefer the good ol' classic wooden board, much more authentic

I say go with what you feel is best for you, as for me, I have a ton of subjects, I was thinking about it the other day on which ones I will do, I would probably end up combining subjects and going on from there, but I'm still not at that stage yet so I feel I don't have to think about it too soon I'm not sure what a gap year is (never actually heard of it before lol) is it a good thing?
Was there a big event in your past? by the tone of your messages, you sound like you've already overcome it Like I said, a lot of people are selfish, but that's a story for another time I bet knowing me I'm going to be one of those people that even though I'm the last one of my friends to start uni, I end up turning out the most successful! and I'm 5'9 hehe

Ok, I will start looking into internships, its just that I never even knew they existed! (I have missed out on a lot! ) Studying abroad has got me a little excited now, can't wait!

I'm going to say this right now, when college starts, a film day is going to happen whenever I get time off! I know what you mean about romantic dramas, I fall asleep through most of if not, all of them! Yeah, Batman is actually one of my inspirations to do criminology, law and science, but I'm not putting on any capes and masks! Comic books are what got me into wanting to do science, the avengers and superman are cool, although I'm into Batman, Iron Man, Green Arrow, Spider-man, mostly the sci-fi ones I saw the avengers film but not the new superman yet I'd say I would do things like martial arts (not competing) or archery, something safe for now and pursue other sports when I'm a little more stronger to handle them Did something happen to you that caused you to lose your self-esteem?

Most people in my neighborhood are retired, so I find it hard to find in with that kind of crowd, I'm guessing you already know about my problems finding others my age, the thing is, a lot of them have moved on, they have finished or still in university, they have full time jobs. I don't really know how to put it, they all went through the "developmental stages (college, university, social events like holidays or nightclubs)" whereas I never got to do any of those things so I feel so out of touch when talking to others because they have done it all with each other. I live with my parents, we moved from West Sussex which is a long way from where I live now! So out here in Devon, I feel really distanced from everyone

Also, when I have "film day" I might throw in some games as well, like I said, I'm still dusting my ps3 off! But yeah, any game will do as long as its a good one! The list of inspirations (movies aswell) starts with:

NCIS
Arrow
CSI
CSI Miami
CSI New York (Best of the series )
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
The Avengers

I think your mini story is a story for another day hehe

My list is pretty long but a lot of them are some of yours so I'm just going to throw my ones on top lol A lot of the things on my list I am allowed to do only if they are not high impact such as with gymnastics, I know I can do light floor moves like rolls or cartwheels, anything involving jumps as long as I can hit a soft landing (if that makes sense, its kind of hard to explain with me ) So the list starts with:

Running
Swimming
Weightlifting
Yoga
Pilates
Gymnastics (Nothing too intense)
Mountain Climbing
Martial Arts (Not Competing )
Fencing
Archery
Fast food (Its my drug )
Ps3 (Need to get more games! also are you online, we should team up sometime? )

A lot of the stuff on your list is very similar to me, but I just added some of my stuff hehe

What I got was an instep where I can take it out and put it into any shoes I get in the future, I found it made things a lot easier I wasn't exactly a metal hip, they put like a brace on my hip but inside my leg (hope that makes more sense ) Anyway, after I got discharged, the consultant said I was allowed to do sport but nothing where I'm getting knocked around so my hip doesn't get damaged

Its good to know that you still did well after it happened, I'm always here to listen when your ready I'm thinking of setting up a webcam account some point so I can talk to people with a more direct approach

I'm sure there are lots of ways I can find a way to fit in, I know this idea may sound crazy but the people I end up meeting in college I might end up having close friendships with, I just need to tell them my story and hopefully they'll understand I know what its like to have that "rock bottom" feeling, where you have little to nothing, right now I think the best thing to do right now is to think like a year 9 - 11 student (basically from where I left off) and continue from there YOLO! best way to put it

Also thanks for accepting my friend request, I feel we will end up helping each other out so I thought I would do it anyway

OMG I haven't spoken to you in dayyys!!! :eek: haha How you been??? Your PS3 still collecting dust???

Haha why not??? Aren't prospectuses quite simple and straight to the point???
Okay thats good then! My school is about an hour away from me haha. I can imagine haha, well they tend to be similar to mini cities since it needs to accommodate all needs of a students
Good good, yes it really is
It does you know, makes you think hard and really analyse your next move but tbf I love analyzing so that's good for me...ah yes well we have a few awesome good ol' chess sets haha but if i used one of those I'd have to play myself where as on the iPad not necessary as it'll play against e and teach me along the way

Of course, what may work for you won't always work for everyone else.
Ah like me then hahaha so you'd like to do a joint honors then??? I don't think i'd like to i'd rather just go to uni for about 20 years and get an individual degree for each lol. Right, yeah just focus on the now. Its good to keep it in mind but focus on doing well and succeeding now in order for you to get to where you want.
Haha no worries, i answered all of that in the PM i sent you...did you get it???
Its good to be sure of yourself!!! Ah well I was close I'm about 5'7

Ah okay really??? Haha they're really good though that's great! Its good to be excited means you'd take advantage of any similar opportunity which is fab, good on ya

Same here! Can't get enough of movies we're so similar lol I rant more than anything though! Well its the best time to catch up on your sleep if your lacking some 'ey
I knew it!!! I love Iron man sooo much, and green arrow though the recent film slightly ruined it for me... Spider-man is so rad, totally awesome! Hehehe
Love martial arts..though I think i mentioned all this in the PM

Haha aww. Ah well they should still make time for you I have a lot of friend who are older than me. Well if they've done it all now they can include you and show you the way!!! That way you could still join in, be a part of it and have fun. Cool! Awww I can imagine, dw there skype I'm sure you can still catch up with them even if its once a month.

Love everything you listed and more!

Replied to that list in my PM

Oh ok yeah it makes more sense Okay cool, well at least you can do some things.

Thanks that means a lot oh really??? Webcam account on here???
I suppose that is pretty direct hehe

There'll be plenty of ways, and since you do a lot like me you can join clubs and stuff then meet others that way! Thats lovely
Ah well I know the feeling also. Hmm yeah.
LOL YOLO all da way
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (162)
26.87%
No (441)
73.13%

Watched Threads