Turn on thread page Beta

Girls are you scared of spiders ? watch

ReputationRep:
    No. I have a brother who refuses to go into the shower if there's a spider present in the room though.

I'm actually quite a fan of all insects (I entertained buying a tarantula as a pet at some point too).

I genuinely can't think of any specific phobia that I have which will cause me to scream and run in fear at the sight of it. I have phobias of things that you can't really see like suffocation, or being in a small dark space where there isn't much space to move.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like wasps and will try to avoid one if it comes near me but other than that no... I love spiders.

ReputationRep:
    No but my brother is. Theres been times in the past when Ive had to get spiders out of the bath for him. Im scared of mice and rats and I dislike slugs (which is odd as snails dont bother me and are basically the same but with shells).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared of the big house spiders, but as long as they're scuttling away and not towards me, I just leave them be. I'm afraid of wasps, and of slugs. Hate slugs.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind if theres a spider in the room.. aslong as it stays away from me. If I find a spider on my bed or shower etc.. it does make me terrified. especially if you dont see it, then it runs across you.. ahhhh horrible!! I hate wasps.. terrified of being stung! I really dislike hamsters too.. haha working in a pet store, and having to wake up angry Syrians results in a lot of sore bites so I avoid them now haha

ReputationRep:
    no i blend them in to my protein shakes and digest

ReputationRep:
    No, spiders and tarantulas are really cool! Lol i like all insects, i dont really mind cockroaches and i dont feel disgusted when i see insects, unlike most girls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Yes, I am scared of spiders. Not the little ones so much, but the big house spiders freak me out.

It's weird because I like to watch the spiders in my garden. The webs are amazing. And I have a couple of small, webby ones in my house that are quite welcome to stay. I've just had a few unpleasant experiences with the big ones. Like the time when I was just drifting off to sleep and felt something on my forehead and reached out and aaargh!

I'm petrified of wasps. I was stung by one as a child and I have never forgotten it.

And I'm wary of dogs, when I don't know them. Once I know he/she is friendly, though, we're cool .

ReputationRep:
    I hate to fit the stereotype but I dont just dislike spiders. I not just scared of them I have a genuine intense phobia that strikes the highest level of fear and panic into me. I have been in car crashes am a terrorist attack but I can tell you nothing has ever made me cry, scream, freeze or go into a cold sweat like a spider of any size. If it is a spider, I cannot cope. Pictures of spiders are ok though I'd rather not touch them but if it is an actual spider any where near me I will break down

Now it is nothing to do about them being 'icky' or moving fast or other 'reasons' people give for saying they dont like them. I actually respect spiders and think that they are biological marvels, but I just have this inexplicable and inextricable base fear.

I am not afraid to get my hands dirty on the farm, love snakes, bats, rats, slugs, snails, frogs.. I will jump anyone's fence and play with their pit bull or rottweiler. I will get into a stall with a twitchy, rearing 18 hh thoroughbred racehorse...ANYTHING but spiders.

I am the one people call to come get some animal out of their house or to move a giant African land snail with my bare hands but I absolutely can not deal with spiders. I'm scared if I saw a spider on my dash I would crash a car... I've freaked out when my ma was driving before..

ReputationRep:
    I'm not scared of spiders although I'm terrified of big dogs-even labradors

ReputationRep:
    I'm not scared of them, but I certainly don't like them. There is something unsettling about the way they move...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theoferdinand)
    ??

Just wondering really because i have noticed a lot of you are , also if you are not scared of spiders which animals are you scared of
    No, I used to collect them and put them into houses made of mud AMD leaves as a kid. They aren't exactly my favourite species though. I'm terrified of wasps and hornets.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    No

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChildishHambino)
    no i blend them in to my protein shakes and digest
    haha

ReputationRep:
    Only scared of poisonous spiders. I love the type of spiders that live in our area. They eat cockroaches! And they are big comparing to the average size of the spider seen in our area.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, not too bothered.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely hate them I dislike how they look, the weird proportion of their body to their legs ( what is the use in having some tiny body and 10 metre long legs?) , how they move about, how they look ready to pounce all the time! Some comedian observed that the way a slider crouches is way scarier than the way a cat would.... Anyways, I'd love to wipe out every spider species their is :P bye!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hate spiders, and insects in general. I'm also scared of jellyfish and heights, but I don't often encounter jellyfish so its not really an issue

ReputationRep:
    I totally FREAK out when i see a spider either far or close.

ReputationRep:
    Depends, how big are we talking? :holmes:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.