Turn on thread page Beta

Swapping accommodation 2013 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anncat)
    Hi, I have a single room in Hughes Parry Halls which is an intercollegiate hall and is very central. Would you be interested in swapping?
    Hi, is yours an ensuite room?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess05)
    Hi, is yours an ensuite room?
    Hi, no it's not. On each floor there is a bathroom/shower/toilet block.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alice.babee)
    Hi, I got an offer for Ewen Henderson Court, just wondering if anyone wanted to swap for GDS? I'm doing dentistry and there are no dental students in Ewen Henderson!
    I AMMMM!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness there's at least one other dental student there too! I'm just looking on the bright side, we're right next to a shopping centre

ReputationRep:
    I got wolfsonhouse and would like to swap for hampstead, anyone interested please message me, thanks!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anncat)
    Hi, no it's not. On each floor there is a bathroom/shower/toilet block.
    I am sorry. I just want ensuite room.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    x
    I've moved your thread here

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!
    I will be studying in KCL starting from September this year for one semester. I am an exchange student and I am really desperate now since I have just got an offer in Hampstead Residence. But I really do not like it because it is really far away from Strand Campus. Therefore, I would like to swap my offer with other students. Anyone want to swap?

Million thanks!
    I haven't been offered anything yet, but I thought I should add that London has such great transport links! I know Hampstead is far, but trust me, once you know the route, it won't be hard to find your way to the Strand (which is also my campus )
    I'm only saying this because if it's not possible for you to swap with anyone, I've written down the best/quickest route from the Hampstead residence to the Strand, plus I wrote down how long it takes and how much it'll cost you (if you use a 16-18 oyster card and don't have a travelcard or anything, just the flat rates) and I can type it up just in case you can't find anything? I can imagine how daunting it must be to be moving to a brand new city, as an exchange student, and I want to make you feel welcome and completely un-daunted (or as un-daunted as possible) by the city I call home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessica15329)
    I haven't been offered anything yet, but I thought I should add that London has such great transport links! I know Hampstead is far, but trust me, once you know the route, it won't be hard to find your way to the Strand (which is also my campus )
    I'm only saying this because if it's not possible for you to swap with anyone, I've written down the best/quickest route from the Hampstead residence to the Strand, plus I wrote down how long it takes and how much it'll cost you (if you use a 16-18 oyster card and don't have a travelcard or anything, just the flat rates) and I can type it up just in case you can't find anything? I can imagine how daunting it must be to be moving to a brand new city, as an exchange student, and I want to make you feel welcome and completely un-daunted (or as un-daunted as possible) by the city I call home
    That is so nice of you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alice.babee)
    Hi, I got an offer for Ewen Henderson Court, just wondering if anyone wanted to swap for GDS? I'm doing dentistry and there are no dental students in Ewen Henderson!
    Ewen Henderson was my first choice, but alas, I haven't been offered anything at all yet! If I get GDS I'll be hightailing it back to this thread to see if your room's been swapped yet or if I'm still in with a chance is your EW room ensuite? It's been so looooooong since I applied -_-

...Every time I get an email alert my heart skips a beat because a new round of accommodation allocations go out from today. Omg the tension. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessica15329)
    You are so nice! I'm also an exchange Student and I am from hong kong. I also want to swap Hampstead with others because its really troublesome to travel such a long way to school. I heard ppl saying that it takes an your to get to the strand campus! But I feel a bit relieved now after seeing your post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MPN)
    That is so nice of you!
    You are so nice! I'm also an exchange Student and I am from hong kong. I also want to swap Hampstead with others because its really troublesome to travel such a long way to school. I heard ppl saying that it takes an your to get to the strand campus! But I feel a bit relieved now after seeing your post
    Aw, you're welcome!
    Seeing as you guys may be staying at Hampstead, Ill post the directions to the Strand Campus (which is pretty much in central London, it's right by the Thames and the view from the History faculty on the top floor is just spectacular (insider tip teehee )
    So, on the way there, I’ll go through how to get there just by bus, and also by train (the underground, or Tube) – I’ll assume you want to be good students with no Fresher’s hangover or anything so let’s say you want to get there for 9am on the first day of term

By bus:
    From the Hampstead residence (postcode NW3 7ST), walk to the Burrard Rd bus stop (it’s acc on Finchley Road, it’s stop CA) and take the no. 13 bus towards Aldwych.

Alight at Southamptom St/Covent Garden (Stop A).

From there you’ll want to walk over to KCL Strand (postcode WC2R 2LS). Oh! And the bus journey takes approx. 1h20m :P

See the pictures/maps for instructions (plus train directions on the second one).

Name:  hampstead directions 1.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  112.7 KB
    (1)

Name:  hampstead directions 2.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  206.5 KB
    (2)

And about the journey times – it is quite a way away but you can get loads done on the Tube/bus – catch up on sleep, read the Metro (a free daily newspaper found at all Tube stations), read a book… Even catch up on studies xD

Hope you guys found this helpful as an intro to London travel!
    Jessica x

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.