Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone get into Medicine recently with AAB if they've narrowly missed the grades? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BooAlphie)
    I got an A in that paper :O
    I don't know what I got in maths, but I got into Med :O I'm not believing it until I see my results!!

ReputationRep:
    Well done btw! That was an insane paper!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethaneyJ)
    If the offer was A*AB then of course. But usually med is so over subscribed that if you don't meet the offer you won't get in. Resits or not. There will be exceptions though.

This would be down to the uni and to each case. It won't have a hard and fast rule I am afraid.
    Thank you! Thankfully I don't have to worry about getting A*AB or resits because I got A*AAB :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by housre)
    If you get A*AB as long as the A is in Chemistry they'll probably accept you
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what I got in maths, but I got into Med :O I'm not believing it until I see my results!!
    So did I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i am
    SO
    happy

Congrats!
    • PS Reviewer

Well done.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever APPLIED with an AAB and got in?
    • PS Reviewer

(Original post by stealth_writer)
    Has anyone ever APPLIED with an AAB and got in?
    This is a bit of a misleading question.

You have to remember that 3 or 4 years ago, the standard offer was an AAB for most universities and so many people applied and got accepted with those grades.

Within the last 3 years, I have only heard of people applying with AAB to those universities that still accepted it.

ReputationRep:
    So did I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i am
    SO
    happy

Congrats!
    Well done!!! What did you get?! I got into Bristol for Med with AAB :O IT IS POSSIBLE XD
    • PS Reviewer

Well done!!! What did you get?! I got into Bristol for Med with AAB :O IT IS POSSIBLE XD
    Looks like you won the lottery

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyalimers)
    Well done.
    Thank you !

ReputationRep:
    Hahaa I did! It still hasn't sunk in!

ReputationRep:
    Hahaa I did! It still hasn't sunk in!
    What did you get AAB in? meaning what subject did you get the B in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stealth_writer)
    What did you get AAB in? meaning what subject did you get the B in?
    I got A in Chem and Bio, then B in Maths if it wasn't for C3 I would have got an A it was a very high B

ReputationRep:
    I got AAAA (one of the A's is in an EPQ.. so like half an A).

I saw the results on the school portal at like 6:00 this morning and practically burst into tears, i was like OMG IM GOING TO UNI!!!!!!!!! And then I woke up my entire family by screaming at them down the stairs and texting them all.

Ah! You did it! It is possible!!!!!!!!!! Was the B in maths?

ReputationRep:
    I got AAAA (one of the A's is in an EPQ.. so like half an A).

I saw the results on the school portal at like 6:00 this morning and practically burst into tears, i was like OMG IM GOING TO UNI!!!!!!!!! And then I woke up my entire family by screaming at them down the stairs and texting them all.

Ah! You did it! It is possible!!!!!!!!!! Was the B in maths?
    Ahh that's awesome! I have an A in EPQ too XD When I saw Track I sat there for half an hour in shock before finding my mum hahaa. I got the B in maths but I was only 5 UMS off an A -.- It really was C3 that pulled my grade down hahaa, but I'm gonna be a med student so who caaaares?! XD

ReputationRep:
    Ahh that's awesome! I have an A in EPQ too XD When I saw Track I sat there for half an hour in shock before finding my mum hahaa. I got the B in maths but I was only 5 UMS off an A -.- It really was C3 that pulled my grade down hahaa, but I'm gonna be a med student so who caaaares?! XD

Exactly. Who cares?!

Congrats again

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. Who cares?!

Congrats again
    Thank you, which uni are you going to?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, which uni are you going to?
    UEA
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Another one of those AAB medics! Had a two grade offer from Newcastle at AA for my insurance, but apparently Manchester were feeling kind! Still really shocked that they let me in.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.