Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Etoile)
    I know! I need to get some big dictionaries too, but I think I'll get them up there since I don't fancy lugging them from home! I can't wait to get started! Learning new things :sexface:
    I know! doing a tour of UK freshers weeks first as I start last of all my friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catface1994)
    I know! doing a tour of UK freshers weeks first as I start last of all my friends
    That is such a good idea! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    MML at Gonville & Caius, so excited You?
    Hello fellow MMLer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buongiorno)
    Hello fellow MMLer!
    Hello! Have you started doing any of the reading/buying any of the books?

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Have you started doing any of the reading/buying any of the books?
    No, not yet- which makes me feel like I'm slacking! There are 12 texts in total for Spanish buy you only study 6, so I am not sure which ones to buy since my college haven't given me details yet. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Maths at Girton reporting in. Who's the person teaching analysis for maths students? I can't open the link

I'm in a state of excitement and fear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buongiorno)
    No, not yet- which makes me feel like I'm slacking! There are 12 texts in total for Spanish buy you only study 6, so I am not sure which ones to buy since my college haven't given me details yet. What about you?
    I'm trying to buy the books at the moment, but I feel like I should start asap because my reading in German is so slow
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monksy9)
    Maths at Girton reporting in. Who's the person teaching analysis for maths students? I can't open the link

I'm in a state of excitement and fear
    Timothy Gowers. I'm not a mathematician, but I believe he's the only current Fields Medal recipient in the Department. (Also basically defined the debate on the AV referendum within Cambridge a couple of years ago.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord of the Flies)
    Hey maths people, CHECK OUT who we have for Analysis.

:party2:
    Dude, I'm so psyched

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananarama2)
    6/11 2014 TSR maths applicants are thinking of Pembroke. Mathmos you've started something here....
    (Original post by Lord of the Flies)
    If they've got good taste in colleges, who are we to criticise? :teehee:

(Original post by ben-smith)
      Dude, I'm so psyched
      See you at King's! Nice one!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by DJMayes)
      If they've got good taste in colleges, who are we to criticise? :teehee:
      Good taste is Emma

ReputationRep:
      Good taste is Emma
      :cry2::cry::cry2:

Spoiler:
      Show
      I kid

Good taste is Emma
        Pah.

ReputationRep:
        :cry2::cry::cry2:

Spoiler:
        Show
        I kid
        Sorry You'll love Caius (It was Caius right?)

I keep using "Emma," without realising it, in casual conversation leading to some pretty confused people.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Oromis263)
        Pah.
        You can come round and bask in it's greatness if you want

ReputationRep:
        Sorry You'll love Caius (It was Caius right?)

I keep using "Emma," without realising it, in casual conversation leading to some pretty confused people.
        Yep. It has a turret! :ahee:

At least it's a college some people have heard of
        Attached Images

ReputationRep:
        Yep. It has a turret! :ahee:

At least it's a college some people have heard of
        That is pretty cool! I thought it was quite a popular college. I was quite surprised when I found out it was them that accepted you (I had not doubt you'd be accepted )

We'll all have to compare rooms when we're there.

ReputationRep:
        That is pretty cool! I thought it was quite a popular college. I was quite surprised when I found out it was them that accepted you (I had not doubt you'd be accepted )

We'll all have to compare rooms when we're there.
        Nobody I've told has heard of it, or knows how to spell it :lol: So was I - they have a huge languages department and I was the only MMLer they took out of the pool :eek:
        Definitely! Praying the beds at Caius are comfier than the one I had during interview time... I used to have a camp bed rather than a real bed and even that was comfier :lol:

ReputationRep:
        Nobody I've told has heard of it, or knows how to spell it :lol: So was I - they have a huge languages department and I was the only MMLer they took out of the pool :eek:
        Definitely! Praying the beds at Caius are comfier than the one I had during interview time... I used to have a camp bed rather than a real bed and even that was comfier :lol:
        Pronouncing it is hard if you haven't heard it said keys before. They must have thought you were pretty good!

Where did you stay at Emma? The bed I stayed in was pretty comfy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.