Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Did i do the right think by asking my CF to reject me so i enter clearing? They said i was on a long list of near misses and the guy on the phone said he didnt know how long it will take. Now i am calling universities and having no luck with the grades BBB. (Track hasnt been updated yet either, so no clearing number).

ReputationRep:
    I still have a conditional offer from Reading as they haven't made a decision yet, but I have rung the University of Essex and they have given me a clearing code, but I'm not sure what i'm supposed to do with? haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infamous12)
    Did i do the right think by asking my CF to reject me so i enter clearing? They said i was on a long list of near misses and the guy on the phone said he didnt know how long it will take. Now i am calling universities and having no luck with the grades BBB. (Track hasnt been updated yet either, so no clearing number).
    I'm same as you, not sure whether to just get my conditional to just reject me and I can apply through clearing? Such a horrible feeling! Hope it all works out for you! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spwills)
    I am living a nightmare. I took my A Levels as a private candidate. My firm university has received two of my grades but not the third one. They are waiting on this 3rd grade to make their decision. They say they haven't received it as it may not have been "cashed in",

To make things worse, my exam centre has not received any of my results, so I still don't know what they are!!

I have told my exam centre that they need to call the exam board to get my results.

Is this cashing in thing a mistake on my exam centre's part. Please someone reassure me that this does not mean that my exam hasn't been graded?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Never mind, I think this has been sorted

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I HAVE FAILED COMPLETELY...GOT A "B" AND SOMETHING LIKE EITHER A "D", "E" OR "U" for my other 2 grades

what do i do now??

will the clearing vacancies still accept me??

i dont know what to do? the clearing courses i wanna choose ask for like 300 UCAS points...........

plus i have my OCD medical proof letter here with me, my life is ruined ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melissa.S.)
    I'm same as you, not sure whether to just get my conditional to just reject me and I can apply through clearing? Such a horrible feeling! Hope it all works out for you! x
    Thanks! hopefully it works out for all of us in this situation! They say it shouldnt be long before i get rejected because "not that many people" have asked to be released into clearing. Im just calling potential universities and asking around. What grades did you get? i got BBB and alot of universities on ABB are not budging at the moment!

ReputationRep:
    My firm rejected me for Psychology. But I'm waiting for Liverpool to get back in touch, they said they should be making a decision by 5. Which is not fair at all because if they reject me I have no idea what I'm going to do!

ReputationRep:
    Please help im still waiting on my firm to make a decision (i missed the grades by miles) and i was told it can take up to a week! Also the man on the phone said track wouldn't update until tomorrow even if the uni had made their choice? I'm never going to get into clearing

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! hopefully it works out for all of us in this situation! They say it shouldnt be long before i get rejected because "not that many people" have asked to be released into clearing. Im just calling potential universities and asking around. What grades did you get? i got BBB and alot of universities on ABB are not budging at the moment!
    It's such a scary feeling! Yeah none of the uni's in clearing are budging with their grades! I think I may give it another hour and if they still haven't made a decision I'm just gonna ring them and ask them to reject me and go into clearing :/

ReputationRep:
    It is infuriating

ReputationRep:
    I was on the phone to the University of Glasgow at around 10:30 this morning and they said they were giving me a place despite missing the offer and giving me details of applying for accommodation and whatnot. However, it still hasn't updated on my track that I've been confirmed on the course yet, so I feel like I can't celebrate just yet. Universities are probably taking a while to update track due to the vast amount of students they have to get through.. oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxxxooo)
    My Track says: "Congratulations! Your place at .......... for ....... has been confirmed. You are guaranteed a place here if you do not meet the conditions of your firm choice."

This was my Insurance btw
    So I guess this means I definitely have secured a place at my Insurance uni??

My Firm choice still have not replied, and I don't want to go there anymore, what do I do?
    See your thread - ask your firm to reject you ASAP.

(Original post by Campaj1)
    It's enough to make you weep; Edinburgh have made a decision but aren't permitted to tell me over the phone. Meanwhile UCAS has STILL NOT CHANGED. Does anyone have a hotline for them for technical support?
    Don't need it. Track will update once the information has come through the wires from the uni. This can take a bit of time but it will happen.

(Original post by spwills)
    I am living a nightmare. I took my A Levels as a private candidate. My firm university has received two of my grades but not the third one. They are waiting on this 3rd grade to make their decision. They say they haven't received it as it may not have been "cashed in",

To make things worse, my exam centre has not received any of my results, so I still don't know what they are!!

I have told my exam centre that they need to call the exam board to get my results.

Is this cashing in thing a mistake on my exam centre's part. Please someone reassure me that this does not mean that my exam hasn't been graded?
    Possibly. Your exam will have been graded; the issue will be collating your module grades into a whole qualification. Keep your uni informed as you go along, would be my advice. I appreciate how very stressful this is.

ReputationRep:
    It's such a scary feeling! Yeah none of the uni's in clearing are budging with their grades! I think I may give it another hour and if they still haven't made a decision I'm just gonna ring them and ask them to reject me and go into clearing :/
    Just called my firm for the 10th time and asked them where my rejection process is at. Apparently i wont get my clearing number, etc until tomorrow morning? I really hope the universities i want to go to do not fill up today.

ReputationRep:
    In that case, you could go back to your firm uni and review the situation with them. It's worth a shot, certainly.

I still have a conditional offer from Reading as they haven't made a decision yet, but I have rung the University of Essex and they have given me a clearing code, but I'm not sure what i'm supposed to do with? haha
    You wait until your Track updates with unsuccessful for Reading, at which point you will have your Clearing number and the option to enter a Clearing Choice. If you definitely don't want to go to Reading, ask them to reject you ASAP (but I would confirm with Essex first how long you've got to enter them as a Clearing Choice).

A lot of unis are accepting people who've missed their grades, sometimes by quite a lot. You need to find out how likely it is that you will be accepted.

(Original post by study beats)
    I HAVE FAILED COMPLETELY...GOT A "B" AND SOMETHING LIKE EITHER A "D", "E" OR "U" for my other 2 grades

what do i do now??

will the clearing vacancies still accept me??

i dont know what to do? the clearing courses i wanna choose ask for like 300 UCAS points...........

plus i have my OCD medical proof letter here with me, my life is ruined ..
    You will have to clarify what grades you have achieved (I'm not clear why you don't seem to know). Once you know what you are offering, then you can look for courses in Clearing that are consistent with those grades. Only you can do this, I'm afraid.

(Original post by Katty92)
    Please help im still waiting on my firm to make a decision (i missed the grades by miles) and i was told it can take up to a week! Also the man on the phone said track wouldn't update until tomorrow even if the uni had made their choice? I'm never going to get into clearing
    It can but that's unusual. Do you want to go into Clearing straight away? If you do, tell the uni now so that they can send through the rejection on the next update.

(Original post by mangatardallys)
    I was on the phone to the University of Glasgow at around 10:30 this morning and they said they were giving me a place despite missing the offer and giving me details of applying for accommodation and whatnot. However, it still hasn't updated on my track that I've been confirmed on the course yet, so I feel like I can't celebrate just yet. Universities are probably taking a while to update track due to the vast amount of students they have to get through.. oh well.
    It will, updates do take time, but it should be there by tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    My firm (Durham) still hasn't updated but I've got an unconditional from my insurance (St. Andrews). The Durham offer was AAA and the St. Andrews offer AAB; I got A*BB. I've tried ringing Durham but it's impossible to get through. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty92)
    Hi,

If you've missed your grade by "miles" then unfortunately it's most likely they will reject you if you've applied for a relatively competitive course. Having said that, I've read some posts here where people have missed their offers by quite a bit and universities have accepted them, so all hope is not lost . I'd give them a call (try not to email them as it'll probably get taken less seriously) and explain your situation saying that you really wanted to study x at x university and are anxiously awaiting their reply. Just show that you're serious about studying there and have the motivation and drive to succeed in that course, thats the best you can do.

Yes, Track won't update straight away - they update their systems incrementally, so what you see is not exactly 'live'.

Good luck

Give it a bit more time and keep ringing them. Most universities try and see if they've got 'better' students with higher grades that approach them. If there's not enough interest, they'll gradually start making offers to those with 'lower' grades than they are asking for to fill up any vacant spaces they may have. That's exactly where you come in and attempt to get that place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    In that case, you could go back to your firm uni and review the situation with them. It's worth a shot, certainly.

You wait until your Track updates with unsuccessful for Reading, at which point you will have your Clearing number and the option to enter a Clearing Choice. If you definitely don't want to go to Reading, ask them to reject you ASAP (but I would confirm with Essex first how long you've got to enter them as a Clearing Choice).

A lot of unis are accepting people who've missed their grades, sometimes by quite a lot. You need to find out how likely it is that you will be accepted.

You will have to clarify what grades you have achieved (I'm not clear why you don't seem to know). Once you know what you are offering, then you can look for courses in Clearing that are consistent with those grades. Only you can do this, I'm afraid.

It can but that's unusual. Do you want to go into Clearing straight away? If you do, tell the uni now so that they can send through the rejection on the next update.

It will, updates do take time, but it should be there by tomorrow.
    what do u mean consistent with those grades, why cant i apply for ones higher? like i said i had a medical condition which affected my grades/education

ReputationRep:
    I rang up Cardiff university a couple of hours ago about applying for another course, I have them my details but they haven't responded yet. Is that a bad sign?

ReputationRep:
    My offer is still pending from Dundee for law as I received BCC instead of ABB. They said earlier that they were waiting for the law department to say how much they were willing to drop the grades by. I also have extenuating circumstances which I have emailed them about before the exams.

Does anyone have a rough idea of how long it will take / whether they are likely to accept?

ReputationRep:
    im still waiting! they said they will *try* to update today. it sucks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.