Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it weird to fancy bouncers? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobbit_)
    I was watching Bridget Jones this evening, as you do (it was actually on TV), and they are always advertising the Uniform Dating site. Have you given it a go? (Of course, you might already have a boyfriend or you're simply not looking right now, which is fair enough .)
    I'm single right now might give it a shot, am 19 and at university so don't want to seem weird though... Very tempted to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayden)
    My boyfriends brother used to be a bouncer, he's lovely in reality!

I've got a thing for authority figures though. Power, protective, strong of body and character etc. :love:
    Yeah... never had a teacher crush (though I swear almost everyone I know at school did) but I know what you mean generally! They're just so... masculine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sloaney Pony)
    I find the younger ones really sexy. I think it's the whole masculinity thing, how tall and well-built they are and everything. I've never seen a bouncer with a figure I didn't fancy. A lot of the time, they're better built and more manly looking than any of the guys you see in an actual bar or club.

I've heard (and seen) that some bouncers can be quite mean, though (and that it's mainly aggressive people with power complexes who become bouncers) so is it probably best not to flirt with them? I'm always doing it on nights out, I'm not sure if I should stop or not. Can flirting with the nicer ones get me banned from a club?
    Although I've met many bouncers who were friendly and chatty, I think the main thing about being a bouncer is that the job pretty much always involves violence. They exist to stop unruly behaviour but their key role is breaking up fights or removing people who are causing trouble, etc.

So either you're attracted to guys who are violent and intimidating, and maybe psychologically you're attracted to them because you think are able to protect you.

Having said that, I think bouncers are much more reasonable than people realise. I'm pretty sure a lot of them have to fill out paperwork to back up their actions when they do get physically involved.

And then as well there is the bouncer look. Well-built, shaved heads, you know. Very masculine. Intimidatingly masculine. But whatever floats your boat.

I think bouncers are still people and you've got to remember that. So some will be nice and some won't, and some will be attractive and some won't. But I think there is going to be a higher level of violent guys taking those jobs, because people who don't like violence will find other work. It pays pretty well but I think it's a pretty **** job. I'd rather work mour hours for less in a job that was more enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    It's not weird at all :awesome:

Spoiler:
    Show
    they bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce- they're fun fun fun fun fun

The thing I love about tiggers bouncers

is that I'm the only one they ruin all the fun :pierre:

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    I'm single right now might give it a shot, am 19 and at university so don't want to seem weird though... Very tempted to
    Nice. I'm sure you wouldn't seem weird.

About the teacher thing, for some reason today Henry Cavill has been stuck in my mind, and I can't get the picture of him as Superman with glasses out of my mind :love:. He looks like a teacher, don't you think? Maybe a Geography teacher?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/744489aaf...0u5lo1_500.gif

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)

Spoiler:
    Show

is that I'm the only one

Thank you for making me now think of Tigger whenever I think about bouncers and ruining a bit of their sex appeal

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for making me now think of Tigger whenever I think about bouncers and ruining a bit of their sex appeal
    :rofl:

you're welcome ahhaa

ReputationRep:
    Nice. I'm sure you wouldn't seem weird.

About the teacher thing, for some reason today Henry Cavill has been stuck in my mind, and I can't get the picture of him as Superman with glasses out of my mind :love:. He looks like a teacher, don't you think? Maybe a Geography teacher?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/744489aaf...0u5lo1_500.gif
    That was what I thought too! :eek:

Does anyone around my age/at uni actually go on these dating sites? Lol

ReputationRep:
    That was what I thought too! :eek:

Does anyone around my age/at uni actually go on these dating sites? Lol
    Haha, as it's your thread I don't feel too bad about apparently hijacking it. But since you asked, I guess some must do. Certainly, I used OkCupid, which I found to be congenial and good. I don't use it anymore because I'm not in a good place to be with someone, but in principle it's a very good site. Apparently people on OkCupid tend to be more intelligent than those who use other dating sites. Not sure how true that is. And it's not nerdy or socially inept to use such sites. There are many fantastic people there, and at the end of the day, if the farmer wants a wife, the farmer's got to go figure .

ReputationRep:
    Yeah... never had a teacher crush (though I swear almost everyone I know at school did) but I know what you mean generally! They're just so... masculine
    Oh dear, I've had "inappropriate" crushes through education and work (not necessarily my boss!) and it's of people who I'd generally find unattractive (like, seriously so!) but then their position of authority, intellect, etc...

:love:

I'd probably jump the bones of a firefighter who'd dragged me out of a burning building too.

RE: Bouncers.
    I hate violence, but if someone is going to protect me by literally putting themselves between me and an attacker (and kick their bootay) then, sure, go ahead, violence away!

But then again, I'd probably hate them going to work every night expecting them to come back missing an eyeball or something. So, swings and roundabouts...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    One of my law lecturers was an ex bouncer and he was brilliant. So they're not all thugs.
    lawyer
    thug
    pick 2

ahuehueueueue

im a ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willbee)
    Although I've met many bouncers who were friendly and chatty, I think the main thing about being a bouncer is that the job pretty much always involves violence. They exist to stop unruly behaviour but their key role is breaking up fights or removing people who are causing trouble, etc.

So either you're attracted to guys who are violent and intimidating, and maybe psychologically you're attracted to them because you think are able to protect you.

Having said that, I think bouncers are much more reasonable than people realise. I'm pretty sure a lot of them have to fill out paperwork to back up their actions when they do get physically involved.

And then as well there is the bouncer look. Well-built, shaved heads, you know. Very masculine. Intimidatingly masculine. But whatever floats your boat.

I think bouncers are still people and you've got to remember that. So some will be nice and some won't, and some will be attractive and some won't. But I think there is going to be a higher level of violent guys taking those jobs, because people who don't like violence will find other work. It pays pretty well but I think it's a pretty **** job. I'd rather work mour hours for less in a job that was more enjoyable.
    How do you define being violent/a violent guy, though? I think it's fine to get violent if necessary (admittedly in a limited amount of situations), even I would get violent if I was threatened enough (e.g. someone pulled a knife on me or something.)

I don't think being intimidating is a problem, I find the height and build a turn on tbh. Unless someone's being intimidating on purpose to me, but as I am small that could be the case for any guy really.

I might have to trust a guy of that size more before being alone with him or something though, I am strong for my size but I know that if someone like that got pushy or aggressive I would have no chance. Are such guys usually more moody/confrontational too (with everyone, not just the people they let into clubs)? I don't like those personality traits.

ReputationRep:
    You must be extremely over weight, to each his own.

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

is that I'm the only one they ruin all the fun :pierre:

wow, what a weird character.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baraf)
    wow, what a weird character.
    Are you referring to Tigger?

If so he's more entertaining than...Piglet :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Are you referring to Tigger?

If so he's more entertaining than...Piglet :rofl:
    you must be very young, excuse my harsh comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baraf)
    you must be very young, excuse my harsh comment.
    oh you were referring to me

no I'm not young :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayden)
    Oh dear, I've had "inappropriate" crushes through education and work (not necessarily my boss!) and it's of people who I'd generally find unattractive (like, seriously so!) but then their position of authority, intellect, etc...

:love:

I'd probably jump the bones of a firefighter who'd dragged me out of a burning building too.

RE: Bouncers.
    I hate violence, but if someone is going to protect me by literally putting themselves between me and an attacker (and kick their bootay) then, sure, go ahead, violence away!

But then again, I'd probably hate them going to work every night expecting them to come back missing an eyeball or something. So, swings and roundabouts...
    I know dat attraction. :love:

Yeah, I'm not sure how feasible it would be in practice to go out with someone who worked a job like that... I mean, they probably get injured every now and then. I think I'd always be worried for him

ReputationRep:
    Haha, as it's your thread I don't feel too bad about apparently hijacking it. But since you asked, I guess some must do. Certainly, I used OkCupid, which I found to be congenial and good. I don't use it anymore because I'm not in a good place to be with someone, but in principle it's a very good site. Apparently people on OkCupid tend to be more intelligent than those who use other dating sites. Not sure how true that is. And it's not nerdy or socially inept to use such sites. There are many fantastic people there, and at the end of the day, if the farmer wants a wife, the farmer's got to go figure .
    Nice quote! Never heard it before though, did you make it up? Very original if so

I was just worried that most guys (even in their early twenties) on a dating site might not want to hit up a nineteen-year-old who hadn't even graduated yet, or might be freaked out by getting messaged by one.

ReputationRep:
    Nice quote! Never heard it before though, did you make it up? Very original if so

I was just worried that most guys (even in their early twenties) on a dating site might not want to hit up a nineteen-year-old who hadn't even graduated yet, or might be freaked out by getting messaged by one.
    Not at all! I'm 23 and I messaged a 19 year-old and eventually it didn't really work out so well, because I feel that our age was a bit of a hindrance: we were just at very different stages in life, and the years between 19 and 23 are so formative. Of course, some people are mature at 19, and some immature at 23, so it's not that straightforward. In any case, I just felt there was so much I couldn't share with him, and that if I tried he'd not be able to cope with it. But this was my experience with one person. In principle I'm all for it if it can work .

And also, what's to say a guy won't message you?

My only piece of advice is not to get too bogged down emotionally before you have met the guy: it might be a lot of wasted energy and heart.

And yes, I did make the phrase up! The farmer wants a wife is an old sing-song we used to sing at primary school -- don't you remember it? I just added the 'go figure' bit .

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.