Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Big moths in your room at night Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. One time one flew right in my face when i switched my phone on, crapped it!

ReputationRep:
    Yes. If the vacuum cleaner is in my room, and I can be bothered to unwind it, I'll suck the moths up. If not, I'll just get a can of cheap deodorant and just spray it constantly at the moth until it is debilitated, and then dead - it usually takes about 15 seconds of constant spraying.

ReputationRep:
    Lol i opened my window the other night to get rid of another moth and a massive moth flew in right in my face so had 2 to deal with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    Yes. If the vacuum cleaner is in my room, and I can be bothered to unwind it, I'll suck the moths up. If not, I'll just get a can of cheap deodorant and just spray it constantly at the moth until it is debilitated, and then dead - it usually takes about 15 seconds of constant spraying.
    Thats what i did i got a 4 year old hairspray which was in my room somewhere and used it on the moths used it on a wasp as well and worked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopple)
    I get these things.

Make sure to check for them when you go to sleep
    Dude are you breeding them or what is going on?

ReputationRep:
    My family in australia say they get massive ones. The ones here are bad enough. Dont like things like that!

ReputationRep:
    I don't get any of these here but used to get lots of flies and bugs back at home :facepalm: We had to put a bug net on the window, otherwise you'd see a heaven of bugs :ahhhhh:

ReputationRep:
    Got one of these fellas attacking me right now

ReputationRep:
    This happens in my bathroom all the time. They're the size of my hand.

ReputationRep:
    This happens to me a lot. Even when i have my blind down they somehow manage to get in. At night i sit in bed with my laptop on and the light off, so often one flies into or over the screen whilst Im typing. The other day a huge one missed the screen and flew straight into my face. Fortunately I got it out, but I often wake up to find dead ones on the floor or my desk or the windowsill. Moths are like vampires when it comes to morning!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I get these big women at night not all the time but I am able to cope

ReputationRep:
    We always get massive moths in the house, not because we leave windows open but because our cat likes to catch them in her mouth then bring them in through the cat flap to play with in the hallway. -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StacFace)
    We always get massive moths in the house, not because we leave windows open but because our cat likes to catch them in her mouth then bring them in through the cat flap to play with in the hallway. -_-
    Haha at least your cat kills them right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newmrsmith2013)
    Haha at least your cat kills them right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not usually, she'll only paw them if they're within her reach and are moving, which tends to be when they've got a broken wing and are trying to fly away or something like that. If they fly too high or stay still then she gets bored and leaves them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StacFace)
    Not usually, she'll only paw them if they're within her reach and are moving, which tends to be when they've got a broken wing and are trying to fly away or something like that. If they fly too high or stay still then she gets bored and leaves them.
    Oh I see! Haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Staceyc1990)
    Yeah. One time one flew right in my face when i switched my phone on, crapped it!
    Ouch!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clez)
    This happens to me a lot. Even when i have my blind down they somehow manage to get in. At night i sit in bed with my laptop on and the light off, so often one flies into or over the screen whilst Im typing. The other day a huge one missed the screen and flew straight into my face. Fortunately I got it out, but I often wake up to find dead ones on the floor or my desk or the windowsill. Moths are like vampires when it comes to morning!
    Yeah they have no light to be attracted to haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.