Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceOwl)
    where are you buying tickets from ? :confused:

I moved up here around 3 weeks ago because I'm in private accom and I live a couple minutes walk away from the castle lol
    http://online-payments.lancaster-uni...did=1&deptid=2 probably

ReputationRep:
    where are you buying tickets from ? :confused:

I moved up here around 3 weeks ago because I'm in private accom and I live a couple minutes walk away from the castle lol
    I am buying it from Lancaster uni's online store. Quite easy really. I also would like to buy tickets to the Blackpool trip, but I guess I will be attending a welcome session for EU students that evening, since I am coming to Lancaster on a exchange But hopefully we'll be seeing each other on the castle tour then I am too in private accommodation, but I am moving to Lancaster on the 29th of september, just before freshers start.

ReputationRep:
    Heya other like minded peeps . Just seen this post and it has really put my mind at ease - great to know i am not the only one which stands around at partys with a lil glass of lemonaid. Has anyone else had there friends trying to egg them on to drink or is it just me? (i'll admit i have had an experience with a 'friend' giving me a glass of 'coke' with a big grin on his face, was like 'yeah...thanks mate)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgeypooh)
    Heya other like minded peeps . Just seen this post and it has really put my mind at ease - great to know i am not the only one which stands around at partys with a lil glass of lemonaid. Has anyone else had there friends trying to egg them on to drink or is it just me? (i'll admit i have had an experience with a 'friend' giving me a glass of 'coke' with a big grin on his face, was like 'yeah...thanks mate)
    Regardless of where you go or who you're with it always happens! Drinking is a common theme among the young. I like to think of it as friends encouraging me to enjoy myself more by "living a little", but you don't need alcohol to have fun, haha. Damn fascists, I WILL NOT CONFORM! xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazzles94)
    Hmm, most likely (although I don't know what I'd dress as because I never really had a job I wanted to do) will you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep, should be great. Not sure what others are going as but I am going in a mock top gun pilot jump suit since my plans to be indiana jones or a ninja fell through. Just hoping I haven't misjudged the formality of the event and turn up too a room full of mock bankers, lawyers and doctors

ReputationRep:
    Anyone from Cartmel College, or any other college for that matter, going to the tea party on the monday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgeypooh)
    Anyone from Cartmel College, or any other college for that matter, going to the tea party on the monday?
    I am!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsJustMeAgain.x)
    Out of interest, what are you studying there now or are you going this year? I'm taking PPE and all of the talks and introductions seemed to be based on single or joint majors and all I can assume is I have to go to all of the talks treating them as individuals? (If that made any sense) would you have any idea what I need to do because I'm worried I'm missing something
    Hello there! Im doing PPE this year as well and in the same dilemma!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in Furness and / or studying biomed / biomedical science / biology etc ?
    I'm in Furness, although for an entirely different course I'm afraid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neil V09)
    Hello there! Im doing PPE this year as well and in the same dilemma!
    Finally a fellow PPEist, I thought I was alone

ReputationRep:
    Finally a fellow PPEist, I thought I was alone
    I had the same peculiar feelling thinking I was the only one! :P pleased to know that's no the case. Which college are you in?

ReputationRep:
    I had the same peculiar feelling thinking I was the only one! :P pleased to know that's no the case. Which college are you in?
    When i went up on a visit day i didn't see anyone else either and had the image of me sat alone in an exam room sometime in the future D: I'm in Bowland ^^ it seemed pretty close to everything so I can sleep a little longer, what about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    When i went up on a visit day i didn't see anyone else either and had the image of me sat alone in an exam room sometime in the future D: I'm in Bowland ^^ it seemed pretty close to everything so I can sleep a little longer, what about yourself?
    That image still haunts me! :P
    I'm in Furness. It seemed to be centrally located and now that I've seen the timetable, I suppose I have made the right choice considering I'll be running from George Fox to Faraday! :P How does your freshers week look like?

ReputationRep:
    That image still haunts me! :P
    I'm in Furness. It seemed to be centrally located and now that I've seen the timetable, I suppose I have made the right choice considering I'll be running from George Fox to Faraday! :P How does your freshers week look like?
    I'm a little scared of a few events but I'm sure there's an inner party animal in me somewhere? My aim is to just give it all a go and see what happens but I've never really been clubbing or to a foam party how's yours looking?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a little scared of a few events but I'm sure there's an inner party animal in me somewhere? My aim is to just give it all a go and see what happens but I've never really been clubbing or to a foam party how's yours looking?
    I have no particular interest in seeing myself drenched in paint! Hence, not looking forward to that particular event. The rest seem to be quite right. :P I'll have to give it a try I suppose. Have you pre-enrolled online for your modules?

ReputationRep:
    I have no particular interest in seeing myself drenched in paint! Hence, not looking forward to that particular event. The rest seem to be quite right. :P I'll have to give it a try I suppose. Have you pre-enrolled online for your modules?
    Where does the paint come in? Although you could always use the foam to wash it off I'm sure we'll enjoy it more than we expect to, you may even be a social god by the end of the night
    Can we do that already? I thought all enrolment was done during freshers week? D:
    On the e-induction it didn't mention any economics lectures...do we just turn up anyway?
    Sorry for so many questions but as I said, no one else seems to be in the same situation

ReputationRep:
    Where does the paint come in? Although you could always use the foam to wash it off I'm sure we'll enjoy it more than we expect to, you may even be a social god by the end of the night
    Can we do that already? I thought all enrolment was done during freshers week? D:
    On the e-induction it didn't mention any economics lectures...do we just turn up anyway?
    Sorry for so many questions but as I said, no one else seems to be in the same situation
    The paint comes into the picture in the form of a paint party! -_-
    On the student portal, there's a pre enrolment option. Since we're doing a triple major, we've been auto enrolled to the three compulsory part I modules already. The economics lecture does pop in the academic table. Try having a look there

ReputationRep:
    The paint comes into the picture in the form of a paint party! -_-
    On the student portal, there's a pre enrolment option. Since we're doing a triple major, we've been auto enrolled to the three compulsory part I modules already. The economics lecture does pop in the academic table. Try having a look there
    Ah so we don't actually have to do anything? And yeah, my economics lectures are all at 1pm and I get Fridays completely off, ode to the long weekend ^^ how does your timetable look?

ReputationRep:
    Ah so we don't actually have to do anything? And yeah, my economics lectures are all at 1pm and I get Fridays completely off, ode to the long weekend ^^ how does your timetable look?
    My Economics lectures are at 2. As far the overall timetable is concerned, Tuesdays are bleak considering I have 3 consecutive lectures. -_-. How does your timetable look?

ReputationRep:
    My Economics lectures are at 2. As far the overall timetable is concerned, Tuesdays are bleak considering I have 3 consecutive lectures. -_-. How does your timetable look?
    Ouch thats going to be fun I have three on Tuesday too but I get an hour between the first two ^^ the rest is quite nice with big breaks or better yet,only one lecture a day
    Do you know if there's a reading list for PPE?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.