Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Paramedic Science 2014 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I started in St. John about the age of. 12 and left about a year ago. Was a coast guard rescue officer for over a year, as well as a first responder. Worked in a range of care settings, also volunteered as a porter for a trial Norh East Ambulance Service carried out and now work for Yorkshire ambulance service as a PTS controller. Within my time at college I studied health and social care and spent a week at Vitalse a respite camp for disabled people as well as time in a on site industrial medical centre. This is my second time round of applying so I'm already in the knowing of what to expect but still nervous. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    anyone got an interview for coventry, 6th dec??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielacko)
    I started in St. John about the age of. 12 and left about a year ago. Was a coast guard rescue officer for over a year, as well as a first responder. Worked in a range of care settings, also volunteered as a porter for a trial Norh East Ambulance Service carried out and now work for Yorkshire ambulance service as a PTS controller. Within my time at college I studied health and social care and spent a week at Vitalse a respite camp for disabled people as well as time in a on site industrial medical centre. This is my second time round of applying so I'm already in the knowing of what to expect but still nervous. What about you?
    Why is it your 2nd time applying if you don't mind me asking? Did you not get in the first time? You have lots of experience.

ReputationRep:
    It's my second time of applying as I didn't get in the time, it a very competitive course and hard to get a place. I then took a gap year and increased my experience to retry

ReputationRep:
    It's my second time of applying as I didn't get in the time, it a very competitive course and hard to get a place. I then took a gap year and increased my experience to retry
    Im also a little nervous, but like you, this is also my second time round. The course is just so so competitive! At least we sort of know what questions to expect and what the interviews are like!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pgastephenson21)
    Im also a little nervous, but like you, this is also my second time round. The course is just so so competitive! At least we sort of know what questions to expect and what the interviews are like!
    What are the interviews like, what questions are you asked?

ReputationRep:
    You will find the entry requirements on bthe individual uni sites?

(Original post by kittykatwilson)
    Right, so I'm thinking of doing Paramedic Science at university 2014, but have no idea what to do for work experience, or what the entry requirements/tests are?

I'm definitely applying to Birmingham City University and Coventry, but I don't know about the rest of my options.

I ask this nicely - please just answer, don't post about how you're in the same situation. If you need answers, just follow

ReputationRep:
    Great life experience that you can draw upon. Good luck

(Original post by XLynseyBX)
    Let's hope experience works for us haha. I'm 31 and pretty much same I've had to delay it until now though as we now have 4 children, our 3 boys have Global Developmental Delay so they were my number one priority but now our twins are nearly 2 I think they're ready for nursery so I'm grabbing the bull by the horns lol. Have you applied for Sept intake?

Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately people are not able to tell you the interview questions, they would be mad to as so competitive. In my experience they focus on your passion for the job and the research that you have done, if you have these you will be fine. Try not to be nervous, knowledge is power! I had no health care experience but got in first time. Its a nervous time for you but try to enjoy the process as once you are in the real work starts.

ReputationRep:
    Be specific, make every point a relevant transferable skill. Discuss learns and most importantly make the passion stand out, you need them to be blown away by what you say. You can make anything sound passionate if you want to! They are not interested in your first aid certificates. Start with why you are applying, then your experiences, passion, passion and a bit more passion....

Good luck, its such and exciting time, enjoy the process

(Original post by ellewoodward12)
    I'm trying to start my personal statement and I'm really struggling how to start it! I know all I need to include but trying to start it is what I am finding hard! I am applying for Paramedic science, UWE being my first choice! Please someone help me!!! thanks

ReputationRep:
    I have! so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shandlad)
    anyone got an interview for coventry, 6th dec??
    I have! soo nervous!

ReputationRep:
    Still doesn't stop us being nervous!! Were abouts you from, you got much to travel to come to teesside !

ReputationRep:
    Hey hun, sorry didn't realise I didn't reply to the last post you quoted me on! Apologies!! But yeah I wouldn't be able to tell you any of the questions really. Plus it's probably a lot different than Last years questions since it's a new year and a different university :') Just make sure you do your research and as long as you know your stuff and this is the course you want to do, then the admission people will see that and you'll be in with a good chance x

ReputationRep:
    Still doesn't stop us being nervous!! Were abouts you from, you got much to travel to come to teesside !
    oh I totally agree, doesn't stop the nerves and I imagine it'll be completely different than interviews I've already had but it's somewhat reassuring that I've already gone through interview process once, yes I didn't get in but it's all experience I'm from Durham so don't have that far to travel really, parking isn't great at teesside, saying that, there's plenty of places to park, it just confuses me a little as to where I'm allowed to park so I might get someone to drop me off and pick me up for the interviews, don't want to be stressing about a car parking spot just before interview haha. Where abouts are you from? Far to travel?

ReputationRep:
    oh I totally agree, doesn't stop the nerves and I imagine it'll be completely different than interviews I've already had but it's somewhat reassuring that I've already gone through interview process once, yes I didn't get in but it's all experience I'm from Durham so don't have that far to travel really, parking isn't great at teesside, saying that, there's plenty of places to park, it just confuses me a little as to where I'm allowed to park so I might get someone to drop me off and pick me up for the interviews, don't want to be stressing about a car parking spot just before interview haha. Where abouts are you from? Far to travel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Now This is getting freaky Pg! I live in Durham too haha. Yeah I know you can't tell me questions but it was worth a try lol where in Durham do you live. Maybe if we get in...... We could car share to save a few pennies lol xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andiepandie)
    Great life experience that you can draw upon. Good luck
    Thanks Andie, I hope it's enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately people are not able to tell you the interview questions, they would be mad to as so competitive. In my experience they focus on your passion for the job and the research that you have done, if you have these you will be fine. Try not to be nervous, knowledge is power! I had no health care experience but got in first time. Its a nervous time for you but try to enjoy the process as once you are in the real work starts.
    I know and yeah they would be mad to but its always worth a cheeky shot, hehe, I've waited a lot of years to be able to apply and just want to be fully ready for whatever they throw at me Good Luck to everyone applying! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have you sent you PS off? I was in a similar position to you last year, mature student, kids etc, got place in first year of applying and so can you! Where are you applying to? I am at SHU and more than happy to answer any questions for you

ReputationRep:
    Have you sent you PS off? I was in a similar position to you last year, mature student, kids etc, got place in first year of applying and so can you! Where are you applying to? I am at SHU and more than happy to answer any questions for you
    PS? Personal Statement

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.