Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teen1234)
    The point is that your comments SEEM like youre saying that those who couldn't get into med go for dentistry. however those with any knowledge of med/dentistry applications know that this isnt the case.
    You believe what you want to believe and I'll believe what I want to believe, that way we can avoid needless arguments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davelittle)
    You believe what you want to believe and I'll believe what I want to believe, that way we can avoid needless arguments
    Yet you, as an engineering applicant, decided to come onto a dentistry applicant thread and speak your mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teen1234)
    Yet you, as an engineering applicant, decided to come onto a dentistry applicant thread and speak your mind.
    It's a public forum, we've had our discussion now let's just leave it at that. We aren't children.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, you said you got ABBC for AS, so i was just wondering since all dental schools want A/B in Biology AS, did you write down your AS level results on your UCAS form?

Also, which AS Modules did you retake with your new A2 modules.

Many thanks for all your help
    Regards

ReputationRep:
    Last year I messed up my A levels except for Maths, so this year I carried on with Maths but decided to retake my Biology and Chemistry AS Levels. Today I got an A* in my A Level Maths, an A in my AS Chemistry and a B in my AS Biology.

I really want to study Dentistry at Uni but considering I retook my Biology and Chemistry, is there still a possibility of me being accepted onto a Dentistry course next year?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have just finished my AS with BBCC. i know its not good enough and am thinking of applying for pharmacy. But i still feel like dentistry is really for me. if i apply for pharmacy this year and at the end achieve the grades i am happy with and good enough for dentistry, can i take a gap year and reapply for dentistry? I know that if i apply now with my grades it will not be likely for me. do i have to do pharmacy if i get accepted? or can i turn them down? btw I'm not choosing pharmacy because i have too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junaid95)
    Last year I messed up my A levels except for Maths, so this year I carried on with Maths but decided to retake my Biology and Chemistry AS Levels. Today I got an A* in my A Level Maths, an A in my AS Chemistry and a B in my AS Biology.

I really want to study Dentistry at Uni but considering I retook my Biology and Chemistry, is there still a possibility of me being accepted onto a Dentistry course next year?
    universities like queen mary and kings dont mind if you retake AS subjects, however your a levels must be done in the two years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abida.I)
    Hi I have just finished my AS with BBCC. i know its not good enough and am thinking of applying for pharmacy. But i still feel like dentistry is really for me. if i apply for pharmacy this year and at the end achieve the grades i am happy with and good enough for dentistry, can i take a gap year and reapply for dentistry? I know that if i apply now with my grades it will not be likely for me. do i have to do pharmacy if i get accepted? or can i turn them down? btw I'm not choosing pharmacy because i have too
    Literally in the same position as you except I don't want to take pharmacy. I got BBCCE in Chemistry Physics Biology Drama and General studies respectively. I think what you should do is still apply this year if dentistry is truely your passion and you think you can get predicted AAA. Use your fifth choice for pharmacy. If worse comes to worst this year and you don't get any offers or you get offers and miss the grades, then just apply for pharmacy after your gap year. Some unis don't put much pressure on your AS grades, so apply to those this year. Aside from your grades, how is the rest of your application? Like work experience, volunteering, extra curricular and UKCAT? These can make up for your shortcomings academically if the are very strong. As regards to whether you can turn your pharmacy offer down, I really don't know LOL. Sorry for not actually answering your question.

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys
    I'm going to apply to do biomed this year because I don't have enough time to get some experience for dentistry.
    My AS grades are AABBC and predicted A*AA for A2
    If I get these next year I'm planning on taking a gap year to apply to dentistry.
    Would dental school be able to see that I've applied to biomed the year before and would that be a disadvantage to my application?
    Any advice is appreciated, many thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sandomando)
    Hello guys
    I'm going to apply to do biomed this year because I don't have enough time to get some experience for dentistry.
    My AS grades are AABBC and predicted A*AA for A2
    If I get these next year I'm planning on taking a gap year to apply to dentistry.
    Would dental school be able to see that I've applied to biomed the year before and would that be a disadvantage to my application?
    Any advice is appreciated, many thanks in advance
    Don't worry they cant see it. i'm hoping to also take a gap year to apply for dentistry

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.