Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

FRESHER'S WEEK 2013 - Canterbury

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Champagne Supernova
You would only buy the pass if you were considering going to Canterbury on nights out. Even then, you wouldn't need one and I personally wouldn't advise it - you probably wouldn't get your moneys worth. If you planning to go out in Medway, then you should not buy one.

---

As I was typing this, I noticed that the pass has now sold out - you can still go to events, just get there early and don't be daunted by the queue. :p:

Can you still get a freshers ball ticket?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by Champagne Supernova
You would only buy the pass if you were considering going to Canterbury on nights out. Even then, you wouldn't need one and I personally wouldn't advise it - you probably wouldn't get your moneys worth. If you planning to go out in Medway, then you should not buy one.

---

As I was typing this, I noticed that the pass has now sold out - you can still go to events, just get there early and don't be daunted by the queue. :p:

Should I get a freshers ball ticket? Would there be other people from medway going?
Original post by BB118
Can you still get a freshers ball ticket?

Yes. :smile:

Original post by BB118
Should I get a freshers ball ticket? Would there be other people from medway going?

I really don't know about other Medway students I'm afraid! It may be worth asking in here?
Reply 43
Does anyone know the rules for each of the events for freshers for non-students? I've managed to contact the Kent Union about The Venue and was told that Saturday and Sunday are exclusively for freshers but the rest of the week is fine for non-students as long as there is a Kent student to sign each person in. Chill have told me that all people are welcome. I'm not sure what the rules for other campus-based events are for non-students and for other places like Club Chemistry and Cuban. Can anyone help me out with this at all? Thanks!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Abasten
Does anyone know the rules for each of the events for freshers for non-students? I've managed to contact the Kent Union about The Venue and was told that Saturday and Sunday are exclusively for freshers but the rest of the week is fine for non-students as long as there is a Kent student to sign each person in. Chill have told me that all people are welcome. I'm not sure what the rules for other campus-based events are for non-students and for other places like Club Chemistry and Cuban. Can anyone help me out with this at all? Thanks!

Ok, so - the clubs in town will all be fine to attend as a non-student - certainly Chill and Chemistry, just take along valid ID. With town, the only event I can think of where being a student is required will be the Student Republic events at Cuban, as it's a small capacity but that's me speculating.

I'm not sure which other campus events you're thinking of but most will require.a Kent ID card, or at the very least accompanied by someone with one, but yeah, it may depend on the event?
Also, I realise I said I'd do the freshers week info. for in town - I just can't commit the time to do that, there's so many events to sift through and I couldn't possibly do it justice. I'll make up for it though by updating by guide to Canterbury's nightlife thread pretty quickly after Freshers once all the regular events are put on to the calendar :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending