Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey there how are you ? I am going to study computer science this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmacdonald)
    Hey studying Maths (ucas says my course starts on the 16th, but is that freshers week or the actual course, if so would it still be worth buying a freshers ticket?) by the way staying in Feilden house 14D
    Hurrah! At long last, another maths student! and I believe that's freshers week

ReputationRep:
    Might wait until I get there, with regards to freshers.
    I'd like to know or have had a chance to get to know people to go with before I buy any tickets... Anybody else thinking this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YoungJosh)
    Hiya guys

I'm all confirmed doing Drama, and I have accommodation in Beaumont Court (room 13E). But I'm in a similar situation to many and know absolutely nobody going here this year - let alone taking Drama, haha.

Is anybody going to purchase the two-week freshers ticket on the student union website? It seems like a good deal, but I'm a little dubious since I don't know anyone and it feels silly buying tickets to events and going on my own...
    But I suppose that's the way you meet people... Who's getting a ticket?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Helloooo!
    only just seen this thread on here, I'm doing Zoology and also have accommodation in Beaumont Court, 03A
    i don't know anyone at Queen Mary or even England tbh cos I live in Lanzarote :P yeah lol. Also, what's the freshens ticket thing? Don't now what I'll be able to do or that because I'm only 17 :/

ReputationRep:
    Hi people, doing computer science this year, woo..! Living at home though in South London though haha

Also just putting the word out for people going Tiger Tiger, I can get us half price drinks all night

ReputationRep:
    I'm also doing computer sci, and I'm commuting from home too! Paying for travel beats paying out the ass for accommodation, for sure. :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but accommodation would have been pretty fun, also much easier to meet people too haha

edit:

Just got the freshers pass and tickets for the Tiger Tiger event, hopefully will see some of you there (Y)

If anyone one is worried about going to the events when they don't know anyone, send me a message if you want, would be nice to get to know some people before hand

ReputationRep:
    I haven't bought a freshers ticket I don't wanna spend £42.99 to go to events when I don't know anyone and will probably be awkwardly standing in the corner lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahjan)
    I haven't bought a freshers ticket I don't wanna spend £42.99 to go to events when I don't know anyone and will probably be awkwardly standing in the corner lol
    Im in the same situation as u

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emz154)
    Same :/ and i don't know anyone going QM so I don't exactly know what tickets to get...hopefully they don't sell out

Posted from TSR Mobile
    neither do i! i think i'll just buy whichever ones look good and hope that people from my accommodation are going too...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know about whether the freshers events are open to all students or just those over 18?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello every1 Studying Maths here! Super exciteddd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will Leahy)
    I'm doing BA Geography Emma! Looks like it's not the exact same but it's got some of the same modules so might share a few lectures.
    Yeah a lot of the modules do cross over! 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Room to rent in a 5 bed house on Blondin Street in Bow, part of the Bow Quarter Complex, £130 a week + bills. Access to swimming pool and gym for all residents! Move in date 5th September.

ReputationRep:
    they guys, im doing computer science too. though i havent go any emails other than the one that says to show proof of results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoeelizabethxo)
    Helloooo!
    only just seen this thread on here, I'm doing Zoology and also have accommodation in Beaumont Court, 03A
    i don't know anyone at Queen Mary or even England tbh cos I live in Lanzarote :P yeah lol. Also, what's the freshens ticket thing? Don't now what I'll be able to do or that because I'm only 17 :/
    Dont worry you'll meet alot of people. Unless you find people here and plan to meet up somewhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-yooo)
    they guys, im doing computer science too. though i havent go any emails other than the one that says to show proof of results
    I think we get it a month prior to the start date, so we should expect it on the 24th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahjan)
    I'm the same! I don't want to buy tickets and end up going alone

I'm going to study French and I'm in Pooley House

ReputationRep:
    Some of the events look good, but i dont know anyone so there pointless. Does anyone else agree?

ReputationRep:
    For anyone worried about going alone, your free to tag along with me and emz154 (or Emily ). Were in the same situation and don't know anyone else going. We can maybe have a meet up before freshers to get to know each other more aswell.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.