Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did I scare him by telling him I was in love with him? Watch

Announcements

I think I should've said "I love you" instead of "in love with you" and got mixed up possibly .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I think so I don't know I knew I was falling for him and like today I've woke up and just felt as if I loved him. But he's said it to me so much. Maybe it would've been better for me to just say I love you and left it as that. If I have scared him off will he even reply or just break up with me?
    It's just he's said the love word so many times I never said it .
    Maybe I should send a text saying I got confused or something I just want him to say something even if it's him saying he doesn't feel the same.
    I was like that, 'i think so" I've never been in love, but people who have tell me 'theres no question about it, you just know' I think maybe you've just got a bit caught up with it, I really doubt he would break up with you. It would be stupid for him to do so, he probably just doesn't know how to respond? Talk to him about it next time you see him (unless you rarely see eachother then ring him maybe ) and just explain exactly what you're feeling, and you possibly just thought you did because he was saying it and you really like him etc, just so you both know how eachother is feeling
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bit late now, but you shouldn't have referred to scaring him twice, and to the idea that you think he may have changed his mind. It makes it sound like you don't think his feelings are genuine.

Anyway...

Best to just wait till you hear back, especially as you've said he does sometimes take a while to reply. Don't follow up with anything before he's replied - just try and take your mind off it all.

Yeah I haven't really been in love I think I meant "in love" was the same as saying "I love you".
    I just hope I haven't made a mess of the whole thing now. I don't know maybe I should tell him I got confused and meant "I love you" and the words came out wrong or something.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I haven't really been in love I think I meant "in love" was the same as saying "I love you".
    I just hope I haven't made a mess of the whole thing now. I don't know maybe I should tell him I got confused and meant "I love you" and the words came out wrong or something.
    I really do recommend that you just leave it now, at least till morning. I know it's difficult - honestly I do - but it's the best idea.

In the morning, if you haven't heard anything, send him something like you would normally send in the morning, and just throw in "Did you see my message on what's app yesterday?"

Yeah try texting him in the evening I'm sure he'll get back to me later like he's at a concert now thats outdoors.
    I'll ask him how his concert went and ask if he's okay maybe and see what he says.

I do overanalyse everything though.

ReputationRep:
    You and your man need a reality check, you are throwing ' I love you' out there so easily, no offence but love is something grown over time and not in 3 weeks. Good luck to you but he has no idea

I think I said the wrong I love you. I meant just "I love you" and it came out as being I"'m in love with you" what do I do now? how do I say it?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I think I said the wrong I love you. I meant just "I love you" and it came out as being I"'m in love with you" what do I do now? how do I say it?
    Omg woman why are you still obsessing over this? Shoulda just taken my advice.

If he still hasn't contacted you yet (it's almost 02:00 AM) then it's either going to be tomorrow or sometime next week. Don't over analyse what you say, just say what you feel and say what you want. What do you want? You want to know if he got your message right and his thoughts? Then just go ahead... if he still doesn't reply then cut contact and wait for him to get back to you. If he doesn't get back to you then it's over and his fault, not your fault. His fault. Not your fault.

Quit saying that you shouldn't have said X but Y instead bla bla etc. you said whatever came to your mind didn't you? If he's too much of a pussy then that's his own problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final Fantasy)

If he still hasn't contacted you yet (it's almost 02:00 AM) then it's either going to be tomorrow or sometime next week. Don't over analyse what you say, just say what you feel and say what you want. What do you want? You want to know if he got your message right and his thoughts? Then just go ahead... if he still doesn't reply then cut contact and wait for him to get back to you. If he doesn't get back to you then it's over and his fault, not your fault. His fault. Not your fault.

Quit saying that you shouldn't have said X but Y instead bla bla etc. you said whatever came to your mind didn't you? If he's too much of a pussy then that's his own problem.
    I think you need to calm down a tad bit lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I will I guess I'm just really anxious I just hope he gets back to me tomorrow.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blob :))
    I think you need to calm down a tad bit lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Go read the rest of the thread and then think about this... the OP has been on here all day worrying over the same issue even when I addressed it at each point.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I will I guess I'm just really anxious I just hope he gets back to me tomorrow.
    Jeez, you remind me of myself, I hope I'm not that annoying - I got anxiety and over analyse everything myself, but lately just thought **** it and say whatever now.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20 he's 24. We do have a very strong connection. He said it soon and often tells me how much he really really likes me. He said the I love you's over whatsapp. He's been online twice now. He has a outdoor concert thing on. I can't go anymore though we werent going together or anything. Should I wait and see if he gets back to me later? He often takes time to reply though. I'm just getting paranoid he hasn't said anything back.
    I'm 20 and my boyfriend is 24. We met online and were friends first. I stayed 3 nights at his house the first time I met him and the second time I came back, he told me he loved me. We have been together 15 months.

Any guy I've ever professed to love though has used me and hung me up to dry or run off with some fat chick...

Calm down and stop being paranoid. You can never predict what and when people are going to say stuff, especially that sort of thing. Just focus on being friends and the romantic relationship thing will just take its own course.

Jeez, you remind me of myself, I hope I'm not that annoying - I got anxiety and over analyse everything myself, but lately just thought **** it and say whatever now.
    I do have anxiety but not that much only in certain situations like exams but I do panic and overanalyse everything like if he takes ages to text back I start thinking i've said something stupid yesterday I thought he was scared off by me saying the a month since we first started talking he took ages to reply and only replied at 5am. i just always think of the worst outcome happening.
    Also I don't usually tell people how I feel so I really don't want to have made a big mistake or ruined anything. Then again he has said I love you so many times so I don't see why he should be scared off even though I may have said it in a different way but I meant that.

(Original post by Little Wolf Taima)
    I'm 20 and my boyfriend is 24. We met online and were friends first. I stayed 3 nights at his house the first time I met him and the second time I came back, he told me he loved me. We have been together 15 months.

Any guy I've ever professed to love though has used me and hung me up to dry or run off with some fat chick...

Calm down and stop being paranoid. You can never predict what and when people are going to say stuff, especially that sort of thing. Just focus on being friends and the romantic relationship thing will just take its own course.
    We've already like got into a relationship like we started it after the 3rd meet but acted like a couple from the start.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I do have anxiety but not that much only in certain situations like exams but I do panic and overanalyse everything like if he takes ages to text back I start thinking i've said something stupid yesterday I thought he was scared off by me saying the a month since we first started talking he took ages to reply and only replied at 5am. i just always think of the worst outcome happening.
    Also I don't usually tell people how I feel so I really don't want to have made a big mistake or ruined anything. Then again he has said I love you so many times so I don't see why he should be scared off even though I may have said it in a different way but I meant that.
    Yeah I always do the same, like think of worst-case scenarios and all the things that could go wrong, or what if something happened etc.

But like I said, if he has a problem then he's an absolute hypocrite because of all the stuff he said to you. Doesn't matter how you said it now, what happened happened and you meant it either way, and he needs to face it now. All you did was reciprocate your feelings i.e., love him back - where's the wrongdoing in that? None whatsoever!

You haven't made any mistakes. If it turns out he was being a lying prick, then nothing you could have said would prevent it. Even if you never said anything in the first place, the relationship would have fell apart eventually precisely because of the reason that he was lying all along. (just an if, you still won't know yet)

ReputationRep:
    The point is you are clearly very anxious and obsessing, so stop worrying about 'relationship things' like who is saying I love you and when he's going to text back. Just enjoy eachother's company when you are together as you have been, like friends. Because your romantic partner should feel like your best friend anyway and you two sound like you got off to a good start. Obsessing over the 'relationship' aspect like you are is going to drive you made, make you paranoid and read into everything he does text and scare him.

When I first met my boyfriend we also acted like a couple from the start, but we never called it anything, the relationship just 'happened'. There was never an official 'we are dating now 'moment, no pressure, just let life happen for you two. Trust me I know all about waiting up all night for him to text/come online and it will just add tension in the end.

xx

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I dont think you need to worry, the text you sent was fine for being together only a month maybe he's just busy with the concert thing and is playing it cool :cool:

Remember hes been waiting for you to say it back lol so cut him a little slack, and yourself for that matter

He's been online again now twice on the whatsapp it's just driving me crazy him taking forever to reply I mean even if he said he changed his mind I just want to hear something it's better than hearing nothing at all. I don't or he's just taking it all in .
    I'm so tempted text him. Will I text him asking how the concert went .

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.