Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many hours do you sleep for and when do you go to bed? Watch

ReputationRep:
    6/7 hours ish, bed at 12 normally

Usually go to bed between 11pm-12am. I really can't function without lots of sleep

ReputationRep:
      7 hours at most. My bed time varies every day.

ReputationRep:
      I found out the other day that humans are actually designed to have naps throughout the 24 period rather than a chunk of sleep and a chunk of being awake. Just thought i'd say that haha, it might help someone's sleeping pattern

ReputationRep:
      Don't know and don't know. I sleep when I'm fortunate enough to pass out, and regardless of how much sleep I get, I wake up feeling like I might as well not have bothered. I hate waking up, feel like **** every morning and it's been that way for many years. Sick of it.

ReputationRep:
      Usually about eight hours when it's not the Summer, got to bed about half eleven.

ReputationRep:
      Well, yesterday I went to sleep at like 1 and had to get up at 6:30 :bawling:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Foo.mp3)
      Think adolescents need the most sleep out of any group so I wouldn't worry about it - probably just means your grey matter is expanding at such a rate the system needs a good shutdown to support this unprecedented development! :awesome: Like how you replied in the middle of the night btw, bad girl!
      I sleep for 8 hours and I can't function without it either. I have OCD though

ReputationRep:
      Think adolescents need the most sleep out of any group so I wouldn't worry about it - probably just means your grey matter is expanding at such a rate the system needs a good shutdown to support this unprecedented development! :awesome: Like how you replied in the middle of the night btw, bad girl!
      I once heard that if you're growing then you need lots of sleep but I haven't grow in about 2 years! Oh god, just saying how much sleep I need yet I've been waking up at 4am for the past few days and then can't get back to sleep so yeah, naughty me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Go to sleep at around 1am, wake up at 9. 8 hours of sleep is usually what I end up doing, but I'm light sleeper and could function with a lot less, unlike some people who constantly complain about waking up at 6:30am.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Casshern1456)
      8 hours - trying to sleep less.

I sleep about 12am. I should really be sleeping earlier.
      Why would you want to sleep less? I wish I could go to bed at 12 and get that much sleep every night. :lol:

Uh, I usually sleep pretty late personally like 3-4 and maybe get 5 or 6 hours if I can. Trying to improve this before I start uni. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by daisystones)
      I've been waking up at 4am for the past few days and then can't get back to sleep so yeah, naughty me!
      Hmm, how's your sleep hygiene? Have you considered:

Spoiler:
      Show
      Ensuring that you:
      • Are lying in bed as little as possible during the day
      • Do not eat a large meal within a couple hours of going to bed
      • Avoid strenuous activity around bed time
      • Stop all interactive activity at least an hour before bed, especially computer based
      • Get all your thinking/planning time out of the way prior to going to bed
      • Have a dark, cool, quiet, odor free/fresh air infused sleeping environment
      • Turn off all electrical devices remotely close to your bed
      • Go to bed when you feel tired enough to sleep, try to keep to regular times
      • Do not oversleep as this will undermine quality of sleep subsequently

ReputationRep:
      Generally during term/uni time, I get around 5 hours sleep. Usually go to bed about 1am :p:

ReputationRep:
      Usually I get about 6-7 hours but the last week or so I have not been able to keep my eyes open much later than 9:30pm and when my alarm goes off at 7am I feel like I haven't had enough sleep at all :-(

ReputationRep:
      Hmm, how's your sleep hygiene? Have you considered:

Spoiler:
      Show
      Ensuring that you:
      • Are lying in bed as little as possible during the day
      • Do not eat a large meal within a couple hours of going to bed
      • Avoid strenuous activity around bed time
      • Stop all interactive activity at least an hour before bed, especially computer based
      • Get all your thinking/planning time out of the way prior to going to bed
      • Have a dark, cool, quiet, odor free/fresh air infused sleeping environment
      • Turn off all electrical devices remotely close to your bed
      • Go to bed when you feel tired enough to sleep, try to keep to regular times
      • Do not oversleep as this will undermine quality of sleep subsequently

I tried all of that! I'm using Nytol at the moment and it seems to be working well so far

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by daisystones)
      I tried all of that! I'm using Nytol at the moment and it seems to be working well so far
      Ah ok, cool. Other things to try might be 5-HTP or Melatonin

ReputationRep:
      I sleep all day and hunt at night grrrrrrr

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.