Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Progress pics!! Come in and post yours Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yorkshire.lad)
    I actually despair. I doubt she even is a medic though to be honest, someone with that much of a demented logic wouldn't have been allowed on the course in the first place lol.
    I'm a first year medic as well and I know this is wrong (she posted on another thread): "Most Muslim's probably gain weight from all the nocturnal feeding."

I highly doubt she is a medic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    I'm a first year medic as well and I know this is wrong (she posted on another thread): "Most Muslim's probably gain weight from all the nocturnal feeding."

I highly doubt she is a medic.
    Wow, During ramadan I went from 85 to 78KG whilst keeping all my strength. Now hopped back onto the creatine and gained back majority of lost water weight etc and back up to around 82KG and trying to gain lean mass up until 90KG and then cut down to 75 to look like a SHREDDED ****.

Shes definitely not a medic, what university are you at?

ReputationRep:
    Is this just a guy thread or can I weigh in? (Sorry, bad pun.)

I'm not at my target yet, but this is me in 2011 and now. 'Scuse messy hair in pic 2, had just taken a riding helmet off.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, During ramadan I went from 85 to 78KG whilst keeping all my strength. Now hopped back onto the creatine and gained back majority of lost water weight etc and back up to around 82KG and trying to gain lean mass up until 90KG and then cut down to 75 to look like a SHREDDED ****.

Shes definitely not a medic, what university are you at?
    I'm a fellow yorkshire lad; sheff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bex W)

I'm not at my target yet, but this is me in 2011 and now. 'Scuse messy hair in pic 2, had just taken a riding helmet off.

nah it's for anyone, great transformation though you look like a new person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bex W)

wow that's an awesome achievement, you must be pleased

I'm a fellow yorkshire lad; sheff
    I'm @ manchester

ReputationRep:
    hmm your deadlift is quite low mate, i'm 18 and only been training a year and can pull 150KG for reps. Do you do 160kg to failure or drop-set it?
    His deadlift might be low but you are missing the main point. He is training for aesthetics. Lifts don't matter too much. Too many people enter the gym for aesthetics/to look better then get side tracked on to a strength routine with GOMAD or whatever. Before you know it, they have a big belly, strong lifts but no shape/aesthetics/arms/upper body in site. OP has done well to focus on his priorities. I wish people would write down their goals. The opposite also happens "look at me I'm strong as ****, I leg press 12 plates" yet they can't sqwat squat :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bex W)

Wow, phenomenal progress, you should be really proud of yourself!

ReputationRep:
    wow that's an awesome achievement, you must be pleased

I'm @ manchester
    ah nice, are you from man originally?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    His deadlift might be low but you are missing the main point. He is training for aesthetics. Lifts don't matter too much. Too many people enter the gym for aesthetics/to look better then get side tracked on to a strength routine with GOMAD or whatever. OP has done well to focus on his priorities. I wish people would write down their goals. The opposite also happens "look at me I'm strong as ****, I leg press 12 plates" yet they can't sqwat squat :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True, i'm training to gain a ****load of mass and size first and then i'm going to focus on getting shredded, i've got a lot of patience so I don't mind waiting a couple of years. Anyway here are my lifts

Bench: 90KG
    Deadlift: 150KG
    Squat: 100KG

18 years old | 182LBS | 5 foot 10 (manlet hahaha)

However I now VERY rarely bench press, I find decline dumbell presses target the chest SO much better and give such intense DOMS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bex W)

That is insane!!! Well done :yy::yy::yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ah nice, are you from man originally?
    nope from west yorkshire originally

ReputationRep:
    hmm your deadlift is quite low mate, i'm 18 and only been training a year and can pull 150KG for reps. Do you do 160kg to failure or drop-set it?
    I don't have a belt so that 160kg was as raw as a dirty needle
    I don't use any chalk, grips or gloves, my deadlift is a bit crap becuase I do squats for my legs, and absolutely destroy back with pulldowns, pullups, pullovers and t-bars

ReputationRep:
    True, i'm training to gain a ****load of mass and size first and then i'm going to focus on getting shredded, i've got a lot of patience so I don't mind waiting a couple of years. Anyway here are my lifts

Bench: 90KG
    Deadlift: 150KG
    Squat: 100KG

18 years old | 182LBS | 5 foot 10 (manlet hahaha)

However I now VERY rarely bench press, I find decline dumbell presses target the chest SO much better and give such intense DOMS.
    How long you been training and how much weight have you gained? What are you aiming for weight/mass wise?

Your lifts are similar to mine. Same height too (well I'm 5'9.5). Bench 87.5kgx5, 112.5kgx5 squat, have not deadlifted since Oct/Nov last year but got 145kgx5 back then. Lifting 1 year and a bit now. Lost about 2 stone overall but wanna add on a stone in the next 6 months. I'm 162lbs atm. Pics in blog.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Backbrah)
    I don't have a belt so that 160kg was as raw as a dirty needle
    I don't use any chalk, grips or gloves, my deadlift is a bit crap becuase I do squats for my legs, and absolutely destroy back with pulldowns, pullups, pullovers and t-bars
    i guess you arent called backbrah for nothing haha

(Original post by silent ninja)
    How long you been training and how much weight have you gained? What are you aiming for weight/mass wise?

Your lifts are similar to mine. Same height too (well I'm 5'9.5). Bench 87.5kgx5, 112.5kgx5 squat, have not deadlifted since Oct/Nov last year but got 145kgx5 back then. Lifting 1 year and a bit now. Lost about 2 stone overall but wanna add on a stone in the next 6 months. I'm 162lbs atm. Pics in blog.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've been training a year, i've probably gone from 70KG @ 20% bodyfat to 83KG @ 17% bodyfat.

. I'm really unsure as to weather I should continue with trying to lean bulk up until 200LBS (90KG) and then get on a HARD keto diet with very few carbs with maybe 1 carb up day per week with a ****load of cardio, to shred off the fat, or start cutting now? I would ideally like to be around 70/75KG @ around 10% bodyfat. I'm only 5 foot 10 so any muscle I put on is quite noticeable on my frame and I can fill out very easily. I've only been working out for a year seriously and I am starting university in a month or two so I would ideally like to have a pretty shredded body within my first year of university when we all live in shared student halls.

Here is my bulking diet:

Breakfast: 4 eggs scrambled, 2 pieces of toast, multivits, omega 3
    meal: 100G brown rice with 100G tuna and handful of green beans and sweetcorn
    meal: 100G brown rice with 200G chicken breast and handfull of green beans and sweetcorn
    post workout: 2 scoops of whey protein, handfull of almonds
    post workout meal: brown pasta 150G with either 250G of lamb/chicken/beef
    snacks - peanut butter/cottage cheese

And i drink atleast 2 to 3 litres of water a day. I am also using 5G of creatine a day aswell.

If anyone has any advice it would be great.

ReputationRep:
    You're doing well OP. I think a cheeky blast of 5x5 on squats would do you good. Then on back day say every 2 weeks do your deads first and slowly increase them also, just do that at 1x5. then usual stuff. It will help with thickness.

ReputationRep:
    Your words truly touch me, I knew there would be some opinion of arrogance or disapproval ITT, but honestly kind words from a stranger can really inspire or make people happy

This is just the start, in a years time I'll probably update this, or when I feel I've developed even more- Ideally I want the kind of reactions that are like "Omg wtf" or *drool*
    I'm really glad my words could contribute to your positivity. I notice a lot of people like tone sarcastic, or tear each other down, have some sort of alterior motive behind their tone or accuse each other of being trolls left right and center on TSR... I'm glad for your progress and any positive feedback you get from being brave enough to post your photos. You have achieved an awful lot.

Honestly , I think you are perfect the way you are right now. Don't worry about being super-hench. I think in another thread we came to the conclusion moš women don't want massive muscles. You being confident an honest to admit my post was touching shows a lovely sense of sensitivity and appreciation for sincerity an I think that is just as attractive as washboard abs. But ultimately, this is about shaping yourself for Your happiness. Clearly you're smiling quite a bit these days! Wish you all the best, hun xxx

ReputationRep:
    I love legs, I actually look forward to legs day more than any other day in the gym
    If a girl does squats, I stand back and imagine our life together

But the ones that do, have an impecible ass, and they are the smart ones who think "Maybe I should actually do some proper exercise rather than walk on the treadmill for half an hour"

If girls knew what squats could do to their legs and ass, no guy would ever choose boobs over bum, they are simply in another league
    I know - a couple times ago there was a petite female bodybuilder in and she had the most amazing bum. There wasn't a lot of it - practically no fat; just muscle, I guess - but it was so round and pert. I do my squats and lunges and whatnot, but couldn't compete with hers. Don't think the rest of her very muscular physique would suit me, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Wolf Taima)
    I'm really glad my words could contribute to your positivity. I notice a lot of people like tone sarcastic, or tear each other down, have some sort of alterior motive behind their tone or accuse each other of being trolls left right and center on TSR... I'm glad for your progress and any positive feedback you get from being brave enough to post your photos. You have achieved an awful lot.

Honestly , I think you are perfect the way you are right now. Don't worry about being super-hench. I think in another thread we came to the conclusion moš women don't want massive muscles. You being confident an honest to admit my post was touching shows a lovely sense of sensitivity and appreciation for sincerity an I think that is just as attractive as washboard abs. But ultimately, this is about shaping yourself for Your happiness. Clearly you're smiling quite a bit these days! Wish you all the best, hun xxx
    This is the internet, being nice is unheard of round these parts

Generally speaking I don't want to stop until I'm on the verge of intimidating, or inspiring- I know alot of people who use my physique as a benchmark, but I tell them don't even bother, find someone else who actually has a physique worth grinding away for

ReputationRep:
    So girls do notice guys who train legs?!
    Of course! I hear that a lot of guys who neglect their legs do so because they want to be aesthetically pleasing to women and believe that they need only focus on their top halves to achieve this, presumably because they can hide their little chicken legs behind the swathes of their baggy jeans. :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.