Turn on thread page Beta
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by katyness)
    Kudos for getting back on the horse.

I had the same incident in high school because I was too shy to ask him if he even liked me so I wrote him a letter and in return he said I was too ugly for him... Awkward! That only aggravated my self esteem issues and I have only recently learnt to live with it (even though I think the years have been kind). I just don't see how I could get over all these years of being insulted. It's just too harsh...
    I can sympathise with you there. I've also received some nasty comments about my looks in the past, and yes, it hurts, and makes you insecure, and it does stick with you. Since I left high school, though, it's been a whole lot better. I used to believe that nobody would ever be interested in me that way, and then I found out that that was far from the truth. And looking back now, I think there were guys interested in me, but I was just too shy to notice it!

Not that I am that brave. As said, it's a whole lot easier to test the waters over the Internet than face to face .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittiara)
    As said, it's a whole lot easier to test the waters over the Internet than face to face .
    This is so true :rolleyes:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.