Turn on thread page Beta

Rugby234's road to acethetics watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    Looking huge. Also liking the beard aesthetics.
    Haha, thanks! Beard still has some time before it's aesthetic... I do try my best though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rugby234)
    Ah nice! Edinburgh is an awesome city, I have fond memories of the place after breaking my nose and being refused entry to Mahognay, then wandering round trying to find my mates flat...

London is amazing for opportunities, if and when you move down here, come to gymbox and I might let you watch me do some weighted dips (If you're lucky...!) Ha!

I think you mean hogmanay... unless there is a bar or club called mahoganay lool

I hear that the streets are paved with gold Love Edinburgh but London offers up something entirely new. You better have gone to some effort and got yourself some solid chains to drape yourself in whilst doing the weighted dips, I expect nothing less m8. Just googled gymbox westfields and your gym does look incredible!

What are you holding in your left hand in your pic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amskyr)
    I think you mean hogmanay... unless there is a bar or club called mahoganay lool

I hear that the streets are paved with gold Love Edinburgh but London offers up something entirely new. You better have gone to some effort and got yourself some solid chains to drape yourself in whilst doing the weighted dips, I expect nothing less m8. Just googled gymbox westfields and your gym does look incredible!

What are you holding in your left hand in your pic?
    My bad!

I just put on my heaviest gold necklace for Dip day, it's got a nice big pendant on it too, so that adds a few lbs. It's so cool, I don't think the pics do it justice, they have a DJ that plays live in the evenings during the week, 3 cages, loads of plates etc, a full size boxing ring, pads, bags, everything!

I'm holding a protein shake, so I take full advantage of the anabolic window, stopping catabolism in it's steps and avoiding loosing 10lbs of muscle on my 15min cycle home.

It's also just come to my attention that I have sausage fingers.

ReputationRep:
    My bad!

I just put on my heaviest gold necklace for Dip day, it's got a nice big pendant on it too, so that adds a few lbs. It's so cool, I don't think the pics do it justice, they have a DJ that plays live in the evenings during the week, 3 cages, loads of plates etc, a full size boxing ring, pads, bags, everything!

I'm holding a protein shake, so I take full advantage of the anabolic window, stopping catabolism in it's steps and avoiding loosing 10lbs of muscle on my 15min cycle home.

It's also just come to my attention that I have sausage fingers.

That feel when you realise you will never be a hand model.

Seems you are in the more chains than mr T crew - making dip PBs everyday with your pendant doubling as a microplate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amskyr)
    That feel when you realise you will never be a hand model.

Seems you are in the more chains than mr T crew - making dip PBs everyday with your pendant doubling as a microplate
    My dreams are destroyed!

You know it, Gold chain with dollar pendant and 2x20kg plates dangling off my neck, I can highly recommend this practice.

ReputationRep:
    Had a fairly short Legs and shoulders session today, really wasn't feeling it this morning, because for some reason I was absolutely wired last night, didn't sleep til 4/5am, so just ended up studying...

SDL's - 4x12 (60kg)
    Front Squats - 1x15(60kg) 1x12(70kg) 1x10(80kg) 1x8(90kg) 1x6(100kg)
    Leg Press - 5x12 ramped weight up to 280kg with 20sec rest between sets.
    DB Press - 6 sets, did as many reps as poss each set @ 30kg, 8sec rest between sets.
    Lat raises - 3x12 (16kg)
    Vert Rows - 4x12 (40kg)
    Not too much today, but was aching like a ***** from yesterday and got about 4hrs of chit sleep last night, but despite this I still came away feeling in was worthwhile.
    Also, had a protein shake in the very hot sauna, bad idea... I thought I was going to die.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    2 plate front squat, oh lawd.

Looking huge, mate. Massive shoulders!

ReputationRep:
    Haven't posted in a while, moved to London, so busy with work/studying/enjoying London!

Anyway, still lifting 3/4 x per week, generally just see how I feel on the day as to what I do, playing rugby 2/3x a week aswell, so some days are pretty pathetic...

Main lifts at the moment are;

Front Squats - 120kg x 6
    Deadlifts - 160kg x 8
    Chins - 20/25kg x 8
    Barbell Shoulder Press - 80kg x 6 (Strict)
    Incline Bench - 110kg x 6

Doing all the above lifts at those weights at least once a week, with lighter days thrown in. As for aesthetics, not so much my goal at the minute as I'm still eating way too much...

Cardio is pretty much all done at training (Ruggerrrby!).

Gym is sick, all the girls (that lift) give me that extra motivation to squeeze out that extra wrist curl.

Edit: May post some progress pics tomorrow/soon.

ReputationRep:
    Jelly of your pressing.
    Also deadlifts aren't too bad considering your height

ReputationRep:
    Huge lack of updates... Loads of end of year stuff at work, along with studying = Busy!

Still been squeezing in 3-4 sessions a week and cycling at weekend, lifting mainly focusing on compounds.

Yesterdays session:

Hang Cleans - 50kgx15, 60kgx12, 70kgx10, 90kgx8, 100kgx6.
    Front Squats - 80kgx15, 100kgx12, 120kgx6, 130kgx5 (Was already dead)
    Kettlebell C&P - 3x12 @ 40kg
    WG chins - 3x20 (bw)
    Dips - 3x20 (bw+20kg)
    Planks/random ab work.

Was aching like a little ***** this morning, still am a little...

ReputationRep:
    Huge lack of updates... Loads of end of year stuff at work, along with studying = Busy!

Still been squeezing in 3-4 sessions a week and cycling at weekend, lifting mainly focusing on compounds.

Yesterdays session:

Hang Cleans - 50kgx15, 60kgx12, 70kgx10, 90kgx8, 100kgx6.
    Front Squats - 80kgx15, 100kgx12, 120kgx6, 130kgx5 (Was already dead)
    Kettlebell C&P - 3x12 @ 40kg
    WG chins - 3x20 (bw)
    Dips - 3x20 (bw+20kg)
    Planks/random ab work.

Was aching like a little ***** this morning, still am a little...
    Oh my gosh...absolutely beastly dips and chins!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In One Ear)
    Oh my gosh...absolutely beastly dips and chins!
    Haha, thanks!

Usually, If my other sets aren't so heavy, will go heavier on chins/dips, but body was drained by this point last night...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.