Take Her to Sea Mr Murdoch.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Yellow Bird.pdf

ReputationRep:
    I made these can't find my last one hope they help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LB117)
    I made these can't find my last one hope they help
    These are so helpful thank you! If I see anything from my notes that aren't on yours I'll quote you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flauta)
    These are so helpful thank you! If I see anything from my notes that aren't on yours I'll quote you
    Thank you! And no worries I made them they are only brief but get the main points across!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billy_O'Naire)
    Tom, are you Tom Green and play the viola/violin? If so, I think I know you. The Tom Green I know loves green day.
    Aha no sorry, I play no violin or viola

ReputationRep:
    Could they ask us a question like 'What are the folk influences in the Titanic?' It's hard to find 9 points for that.

ReputationRep:
    Could they ask us a question like 'What are the folk influences in the Titanic?' It's hard to find 9 points for that.
    Probably not, they're more general than that. Would probably be something like "What features of the Titanic suggest it is a piece of film music"

ReputationRep:
    Really hoping for a question that talks about the use of texture and resources in Bach, Webern and Duke Ellington. That would be a dream :drool:

ReputationRep:
    What sort of thing would you write if it asks about resources or forces? Are they different things?

ReputationRep:
    Really hoping for a question that talks about the use of texture and resources in Bach, Webern and Duke Ellington. That would be a dream :drool:
    Please can you brainstorm resources in Bach, Webern and Duke Ellington?

ReputationRep:
    What is meant by resources?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Please can you brainstorm resources in Bach, Webern and Duke Ellington?
    Idk how much of this is right, this is what I can remember from an essay I did that I got decent marks for. Don't have a score to hand unfortunately

As the pieces were written over a period of over two hundred years the. In both the Bach and the Duke Ellington the keyboard serves to provide a harmonic and rhythmic base whereas the Webern is non functional and there is little pulse so the piano is used for its timbre.

Bach, typical concerto grosso with a concertino of 2 recorders and a violin, and a ripieno section of strings and continuo. The violin has the most demanding part with a demisemiquaver passage, multiple stops, a 3 octave range and the use of fifth position, recorders often move together in 3rds 6ths or antiphonally.

Webern, unusual selection of instruments. Violin with mute, pizzicato, arco, piano spread chords, rapid contrasts in dynamics and articulation. Pointillism (notes dotted between instruments) and klangfarbenmelodie (passing melody between instruments to vary timbre).

Duke Ellington, reeds section sax and clarinet, rhythm section banjo drums double bass and piano, brass section trumpet and trombone. Trumpet and trombone both use plunger mutes growls horse whinnies and lip trills, all associated with the jungle style, piano stride bass. Virtuosic solos passed between instruments.

There's probably more I've left out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nurtasher333)
    What is meant by resources?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Instruments chosen and how they are used

ReputationRep:
    Instruments chosen and how they are used
    Ah thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My dream question- Instrumentation and structure in Ellington, Bach and Schumann. Please let that be a question!

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the exam?

ReputationRep:
    I was a bit annoyed that Yellow Bird didn't come up because the world music piece has come up every over year so I made a point of learning it the most out if the applied. Thought on the whole is way okay though yeah

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember the questions and their answers for the listening questions on comparing A and B and aural analysis?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 19, 2014

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.