Turn on thread page Beta

Does ignoring a girl make her want you more? watch

ReputationRep:
    I guess if you're 15 then the whole "treat 'em mean to keep 'em keen" thing might apply. If you're an adult, or want to act like one, then it's pretty daft.

ReputationRep:
    If a guy ignored me, he would be history shortly after. So don't ignore her, if you are annoyed at her, talk to her. Ignoring her is not going to help you.

ReputationRep:
    What you are doing wont make her more attracted to you, bitterness is not attractive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahatma ghandi)
    What you are doing wont make her more attracted to you, bitterness is not attractive
    Gandhi speaking wise words as always.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexBlue)
    Anyone who uses the /10 scale immediately drops into the negatives regardless of what they look like.
    Thats why i say 11/10, break those scales..

ReputationRep:
    lol no.. just go for it . These mind games are just in the mind.. in reality it vary rarely works out that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexBlue)
    Anyone who uses the /10 scale immediately drops into the negatives regardless of what they look like.
    Truth. Would pos but PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    No, and that could be considered a mind-game.
    I'm sure there's a select few who enjoy that silliness, but for the most part it's better to just... not be a douchebag?

I'm fairly straightforward in that friends or partners who ignore me go straight on my blacklist of people I couldn't care less about in return.

Just tell her you're annoyed and why, or she won't be able to apologise even if she is sorry.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Also, just a note for the future, but gender is not a personality.

ReputationRep:
    not even been 2 days and she had her friend text me about her being upset and that we need to talk lol

(Original post by After7)
    not even been 2 days and she had her friend text me about her being upset and that we need to talk lol
    Threesome?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I think the line is "Does ignoring someone make you seem more attractive to them?" = you know, wanting something you can't have !

On a totally different note, if your really annoyed at her then don't get in touch...at...all!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm it might do, but I stopped playing all those games years ago :pinch:

If a girl did something to annoy me, and was trying to get in contact with me to make it up to me - why would I ignore her?

I don't get it. Is it to make her like me more? But she already likes me :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theguv92)
    What percentage of people respond well to playing hard to get? Probably somewhere between 30-70%...

What percentage of people think they won't respond well to people using that tactic on them? 100%.
    Yeah, the difference is you look at a situation you're told about rationally, whereas in a situation, you act emotionally. That's why people often note replies on here don't reflect reality. No one would say "I'd go for someone who treats me badly", yet so many people do.

ReputationRep:
    if you seem too busy for her, she will like you, because important people are busy, people with responsibilities and stuff, you're not actually busy because you make time for others apart from her, your value goes up.

if you don't chase her as much as she might expect from you, she will think you are mysterious, a ladies man of some sort, who really isn't bothered chasing birds because he gets them all without trying, top notch guy, again your value goes up.

if you are just completely anti-social/asocial, you ignore her completely and as an extension ignore her friends too, other people in your social circles, and perhaps appear at any moment to be a loner, she will definitely get over you really fast.

sometimes you don't even need to ignore a girl, pay more attention to other girls in platonic way and that will spike her interest in you.

if you have some 10 exams you have to sit on June, the last of your worries should be girls, focus on your future mate.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, carry on ignoring her. Even if she gets a boyfriend. Get's married and his his babies.

ReputationRep:
    If she likes you it isn't easy for her to ignore you but it's easy for you because you're not attracted to her. You should confront her because you're acting a tad childish and if you carry on ignoring her, she'll back off and leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    so there's this girl who I know is attracted to me and I'm ignoring her atm because she did something to annoy me so now I don't want to speak to her. Her last text was asking if I am annoyed at her. Should I carry on ignoring her and acting cold or would that just make me passive aggressive?
    Would you ever see yourself pumping her with your man schlong? Just for a night?

I'm telling you, keep the hot and cold up and she will offer herself up on a silver platter.

ReputationRep:
    Depends if she's a sket fam. If she texts you back in the next 12 hours then she's wifey material.

ReputationRep:
    so there's this girl who I know is attracted to me and I'm ignoring her atm because she did something to annoy me so now I don't want to speak to her. Her last text was asking if I am annoyed at her. Should I carry on ignoring her and acting cold or would that just make me passive aggressive?
    No, not because she annoyed you, that is childish, she won't want to be with someone who gets upset easily then doesn't talk to her.

If she hasn't done anything, flat out ignoring a girl is rude. However, for some girls I think tactically restricting how much attention you give to them makes them want you more. Its not good to want to spend more time with a girl than she wants to spend with you. If you leave a girl wanting more, they will always be pleased to see you and will think about you a lot more which builds attraction. You need to get the level right though so it doesn't come across that you are not interested or that you are doing it deliberately. You want to come across like you are a busy man with a lot going on in your life which is why you speak slightly less than she wants.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I like straight and upfront people.
    Maybe because I'm really blunt myself
    If you were to ignore me without telling me what I did to make you feel that way then I wouldn't spend too long dwelling on it lol (unless she likes you, aka infatuation)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2013
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.