Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jjj90)
    In other words your accusation is simply a baseless guess. Nice!

Yep, you too, baseless nonsense that's been cooked up in your own mind without so much as a shred of proof or a single statistic to back it up.
    Why are you so aggressive? I already mention that everybody has its own opinion. You keep your opinion; I will keep mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alextyler7)
    Why are you so aggressive? I already mention that everybody has its own opinion. You keep your opinion; I will keep mine.
    How was that aggressive? How? My point is that simply saying "it's my opinion" doesn't mean it isn't nonsense and it doesn't make it right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jjj90)
    How was that aggressive? How? My point is that simply saying "it's my opinion" doesn't mean it isn't nonsense and it doesn't make it right.
    I am not saying that it is right or wrong. Ok tell me, what you have to prove yourself right?

ReputationRep:
    I am not saying that it is right or wrong. Ok tell me, what you have to prove yourself right?
    Sorry if I came across aggressive.

I don't see why the burden of proof is on me, it's a non-issue as far as i'm concerned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jjj90)
    Sorry if I came across aggressive.

I don't see why the burden of proof is on me, it's a non-issue as far as i'm concerned.
    Okz, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    The scientific community, the medical community, the psychiatry sector and the police all says there is no correlation. Every time the papers, which have a reason to lie about its stories and have proven to do so, try and make the connection, the police and everyone else say it isn't true. The one well known activist who claims there is a link is a lawyer who has since been barred from ever working again due to his psychotic behaviour, and rarely won a case, he in fact had a history of jumping on such 'this is what's harming people, it's not our fault after all' bandwagons like rap.

Where's your proof to tell all these people who are vastly more experienced in all aspects of this that they're wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    The scientific community, the medical community, the psychiatry sector and the police all says there is no correlation. Every time the papers, which have a reason to lie about its stories and have proven to do so, try and make the connection, the police and everyone else say it isn't true. The one well known activist who claims there is a link is a lawyer who has since been barred from ever working again due to his psychotic behaviour, and rarely won a case, he in fact had a history of jumping on such 'this is what's harming people, it's not our fault after all' bandwagons like rap.

Where's your proof to tell all these people who are vastly more experienced in all aspects of this that they're wrong?
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...l-8830203.html
    http://www.ithp.org/articles/violentvideogames.html
    http://www.theguardian.com/science/h...nce-psychology

ReputationRep:
    You realise the first article isn't credible in the slightest, and your third article ends by saying, "So until there is more definitive evidence, it doesn't seem right to imply that there is a clear and known effect"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maccees)
    You realise the first article isn't credible in the slightest, and your third article ends by saying, "So until there is more definitive evidence, it doesn't seem right to imply that there is a clear and known effect"?
    Okz as you wish.

ReputationRep:
    These are news articles. Give me EVIDENCE. Send me papers, show me where the funding of experiments came from, show me the methods use to avoid outliers, where there was repeat readings, what results were removed and why, what journals they were published in, what meetings in which they were raised etc.

ReputationRep:
    These are news articles. Give me EVIDENCE. Send me papers, show me where the funding of experiments came from, show me the methods use to avoid outliers, where there was repeat readings, what results were removed and why, what journals they were published in, what meetings in which they were raised etc.
    I think it's not the matter of national security, that you demanded so many things...

ReputationRep:
    I think it's not the matter of national security, that you demanded so many things...
    I didn't demand top secret information, I demanded all the basic things that come with a study or experiment.

Do you know ANYTHING about this subject at all? Yet you hold such a dangerous view on the subject. You don't find that incredibly irresponsible and ignorant? WHERE is your evidence?

Additionally, you say games are causing deaths, murder and crime, yet you DON'T think it's a matter of national security. Are you a sociopath?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't demand top secret information, I demanded all the basic things that come with a study or experiment.

Do you know ANYTHING about this subject at all? Yet you hold such a dangerous view on the subject. You don't find that incredibly irresponsible and ignorant? WHERE is your evidence?

Additionally, you say games are causing deaths, murder and crime, yet you DON'T think it's a matter of national security. Are you a sociopath?
    I don't think the articles I provided you were written by Greek philosophers, they must have done some research before writing.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the articles I provided you were written by Greek philosophers, they must have done some research before writing.
    I'm getting the impression your life is based solely on assumptions.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting the impression your life is based solely on assumptions.
    And I think that you demand evidence even before eating food to make sure whether it is food or not.

ReputationRep:
    And I think that you demand evidence even before eating food to make sure whether it is food or not.
    I demand evidence for claims. You are a complete nutcase, I don't know why I didn't see it from the start, but at least it explains the fairytale world you live in where people talk gibberish.

ReputationRep:
    I think a factor in this is parents letting an underage child play a game made for 18+. It is obvious children copy what they see, and if they know it is "naughty" some children tend to repeat it even more. I have done work exp. in Primary schools and some children would be playing games in the playground based on COD, no joke. So yeah in my opinion games can cause violence, especially if people are exposed at a young age.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I demand evidence for claims. You are a complete nutcase, I don't know why I didn't see it from the start, but at least it explains the fairytale world you live in where people talk gibberish.
    I wrote this sentence only to bring you in rage... And I think, I succeeded. I am sorry if you mind any of my words. I was only saying that just like environment and surroundings affect a person. Violent games also have some affects on human personality, especially of kids.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote this sentence only to bring you in rage... And I think, I succeeded. I am sorry if you mind any of my words. I was only saying that just like environment and surroundings affect a person. Violent games also have some affects on human personality, especially of kids.
    Why are you backpedaling and pretend you're 'trolling' people now? What next, you gonna tell everyone you were "just joking"? Perhaps you'll throw in a "calm down" to further the illusion of getting someone in a "rage", as if that glosses over your complete inability to prove your wild and simple-minded claims.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you backpedaling and pretend you're 'trolling' people now? What next, you gonna tell everyone you were "just joking"? Perhaps you'll throw in a "calm down" to further the illusion of getting someone in a "rage", as if that glosses over your complete inability to prove your wild and simple claims.
    Noops, I didn't move back. As you see in my above comment. Anyhow, I have my own stance, if you don't agree with me, I just don't care.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.