Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahidk1)
    Committing Incest isn't just socially repulsive. If they have kids (God forbid!) It will create a small gene pool which may cause Genetic mutation.
    are you homophobic? if not see above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darren Thomas)
    Legal?

Morally ok?

Meets social expectations?

Experiences?
    If I've told you once then I've told you a million times.

No it's not okay DAD.

ReputationRep:
    If two adult siblings want to, nobody should stand in their way. Having children is a different matter though. Think about the social consequences of being born to siblings, let alone the medical consequences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazzron)
    Apologies, I'm not conveying my thoughts well. I guess I'm trying (and failing) to imply that not allowing genetically defective people to have children at all is an infringement of a basic human right. With incest couples, they can easily go their separate ways and have children with someone not related to them. No one is preventing a person engaging in incest to have children, just not with a relative.

Incest couples have a choice of having children without increasing the risk of a defective child whereas genetically defective people do not.
    How is that not an infringement on the family's human right?

This is like telling 2 adult homosexuals that they are not allowed to fall in love with each other, they should go their separate ways and have a relationship with the opposite sex and have children. No one is preventing an homosexual falling in love, just not with someone of same sex.

ReputationRep:
    love it x

ReputationRep:
    Don't think cousins together is illegal. Can you imagine if this wasn't illegal how some fathers (or any close family member) could force daughters (or any young relation) into sex? I have no desire for a perfect master race and think we all have a role to play but I don't think inbreeding is a good idea. I am more easy with brothers/sisters than family together of different generations where the younger person is maybe being forced into something they do not want.

ReputationRep:
    Does step family count as incest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darren Thomas)
    Does step family count as incest?
    you're in trouble...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovecake123)
    you can think what you want to think regardless if you can justify it, its your own morals and beliefs. i dont care what you think im just stating my opinion.
    He was trying to engage in a healthy debate with you with which you retorted 'i dont care what you think I think...' every single time, which frankly is quite immature. If you have a strong view on this subject, then you should be able to defend your views with justification and if not, at least try and recognise the opponent's perspective.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Primscot)
    Don't think cousins together is illegal. Can you imagine if this wasn't illegal how some fathers (or any close family member) could force daughters (or any young relation) into sex? I have no desire for a perfect master race and think we all have a role to play but I don't think inbreeding is a good idea. I am more easy with brothers/sisters than family together of different generations where the younger person is maybe being forced into something they do not want.
    Whether you ban incest or not, fathers inclined to force their daughters into sex would still force their daughters into sex.

That is like saying you will make homosexuality illegal to stop paedophilia. Paedophiles would still try and be paedophiles whether you ban homosexuality or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2710)
    He was trying to engage in a healthy debate with you with which you retorted 'i dont care what you think I think...' every single time, which frankly is quite immature. If you have a strong view on this subject, then you should be able to defend your views with justification and if not, at least try and recognise the opponent's perspective.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    its not immature i dont want to talk more on the subject. How can you tell me what i am or not. I dont have a strong view on this subject and i do recognise the person's perspective. I think youre being rude to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modini)
    Well the Targaryans have been doing it for centuries, so I see no harm in it.

Plus Joffrey was born of incest and he turned out to be a great king.
    Hilarious!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ya naasty

ReputationRep:
    An incest couple should every right to fall in love with each other and live together, etc. I wouldn't consider telling an incest couple not to have children of their own as an infringement of a basic human right. They have the option of going their separate ways if they want children of their own. There are obvious ways around a separation occurring such as the using donated sperm to impregnate the female in the relationship or adopting a child.
    But you don't think genetically defective people should also be forced to us a sperm or egg donor? Or, they should adopt a child instead of having theirs?

ReputationRep:
    Tis Pity She's A Whore

ReputationRep:
    Where did the other comments go?

ReputationRep:
    Apologies, I'm not conveying my thoughts well. I guess I'm trying (and failing) to imply that not allowing genetically defective people to have children at all is an infringement of a basic human right. With incest couples, they can easily go their separate ways and have children with someone not related to them. No one is preventing a person engaging in incest to have children, just not with a relative.

Incest couples have a choice of having children without increasing the risk of a defective child whereas genetically defective people do not.
    Were that argument valid, it would also be valid against interracial couples - black people can get married if they want, just not to non-blacks. It also works for homosexual couples - they can get married if they want, just not to people of the same sex.

ReputationRep:
    I know people who have had sex with their cousins and genuinely found them attractive (in a sex buddy or one of thing) I remember in primary school my friend admitting to having messed about with his cousin. Plus television, especially the soap operas seem to celebrate it these days.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's going in circles about genetic defects and using protection, but what if this was homosexual incest? There's absolutely no chance of any lovely conception action there, so the debate would come down to whether either person would be in a position of influential power over the other (e.g. as for the same reasons that relationships between students and teachers are banned). Would you guys still think of this as wrong?

ReputationRep:
    It would be really nice to have a little sister to make out with.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.