Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hellcat12)
    It's not just my opinion
    the majority says the same as I do

although I haven't viewed his other half
    my judgement may be impaired
    One minute you're agreeing with the OP that everyone has their preferences then the next you claim yours isn't only an opinion but a majority view, how have you concluded that exactly?

(Original post by TooEasy123)
    OP just go for whatever you want - whether that be a certain body, sport or lifestyle. Just don't get sucked into any dogma (which is especially high online), where certain groups of people will tell you that you must look a certain way, must do certain things etc. Consider everything, but ultimately make your own choice based on what you want.
    This guy knows whats up. Lift for yourself.

(Original post by Aniaa)
    You should shave .

He doesn't have much body hair anyway.

TSR is ridiculous in threads like this. Post in this thread OP and you'll get better responses from people who know a lot more then me and others.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...31185&page=119

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    One minute you're agreeing with the OP that everyone has their preferences then the next you claim yours isn't only an opinion but a majority view, how have you concluded that exactly?

I think you don't understand plain English
    I said VERY clearly "in my opinion"
    and people can have almost same preferences
    that doesn't mean I am bound not to say the majority also gave him the same suggestion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aniaa)
    You should shave .
    I prefer not to shave. I'm not considered hairy compared to other guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooEasy123)
    OP just go for whatever you want - whether that be a certain body, sport or lifestyle. Just don't get sucked into any dogma (which is especially high online), where certain groups of people will tell you that you must look a certain way, must do certain things etc. Consider everything, but ultimately make your own choice based on what you want.
    Wise words bro

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think you don't understand plain English
    I said VERY clearly "in my opinion"
    and people can have almost same preferences
    that doesn't mean I am bound not to say the majority also gave him the same suggestion
    It's not just my opinion
    the majority says the same as I do
    You think a majority would find Ronaldo's body 'ugly'? Okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    You think a majority would find Ronaldo's body 'ugly'? Okay.
    I was commenting about OP's body...I should have been clearer when I typed it

do we have to argue?Name:  image.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  16.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkhead)
    Shave his body hair? I think OP would like to stay a man.
    just chest. Personally I don't like boys with hairy chest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike437)
    I prefer not to shave. I'm not considered hairy compared to other guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah possibly. Just that in my opinion boys look better without hair on their chest xD

ReputationRep:
    Chill out guys you both have a point

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aniaa)
    yeah possibly. Just that in my opinion boys look better without hair on their chest xD
    That's totally fine but if I do that now it will grow thicker

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think far too many people get hung up on having a certain body type; the kind of body type they think will ‘get them girls’. In the last few days I've seen posts asking how to get the body of Sergio Ramos, threads asking girls to give their ‘perfect’ physique, etc.

Put simply - your body is a vehicle for doing what you want to do. It then adapts to allow you to go about your daily tasks efficiently.

You ask what you should do next. Well what’s important to you? Come up with a goal. It could be to bench-press 220lbs, be the fittest lad in your sports team, get over 25 rounds on this exercise or run a 30 minute 10k. Anything at all…

For example if you want to go round the region cracking out 10k in under 30 mins every weekend, then to do so, you will need big lungs and an efficient CV system, not a great deal of body fat and so on. Over time you’ll train, progress and get a physique that gives you the best chance of accomplishing this goal.

Focus on what your goal is and in time you'll get the corresponding physique.

Personally I don’t see the point in lads who go to the gym and do 'beach weights' simply so they get big arms and chest. They're not doing that for themselves, they’re not doing it to get better at a sport or even to get fitter. They're simply doing it to ‘look good’, because they that’s what they think will ‘get them girls.’

IMO – focus on all round fitness. You're only as strong as your weakest muscle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)

He doesn't have much body hair anyway.

TSR is ridiculous in threads like this. Post in this thread OP and you'll get better responses from people who know a lot more then me and others.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...31185&page=119
    That thread looks very useful thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BowzerEdwards)
    I think far too many people get hung up on having a certain body type; the kind of body type they think will ‘get them girls’. In the last few days I've seen posts asking how to get the body of Sergio Ramos, threads asking girls to give their ‘perfect’ physique, etc.

Put simply - your body is a vehicle for doing what you want to do. It then adapts to allow you to go about your daily tasks efficiently.

You ask what you should do next. Well what’s important to you? Come up with a goal. It could be to bench-press 220lbs, be the fittest lad in your sports team, get over 25 rounds on this exercise or run a 30 minute 10k. Anything at all…

For example if you want to go round the region cracking out 10k in under 30 mins every weekend, then to do so, you will need big lungs and an efficient CV system, not a great deal of body fat and so on. Over time you’ll train, progress and get a physique that gives you the best chance of accomplishing this goal.

Focus on what your goal is and in time you'll get the corresponding physique.

Personally I don’t see the point in lads who go to the gym and do 'beach weights' simply so they get big arms and chest. They're not doing that for themselves, they’re not doing it to get better at a sport or even to get fitter. They're simply doing it to ‘look good’, because they that’s what they think will ‘get them girls.’

IMO – focus on all round fitness. You're only as strong as your weakest muscle.
    Very true I just want to increase my fitness since I play football a lot and have some muscle just to look good overall

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    then you reshave it. Just like you probably do with your cheeks xD

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's actually a myth, shaving gives the illusion of thicker growth however, only genetics determine when your hairs will grow thicker,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paralove)
    I'd say stay the same. IMO guys who go OTT on muscles or whatever aren't as attractive as being pretty toned with a little muscle.

Now, I'm just going to admire your torso for a little while longer....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Assuming all guys put on muscle to impress women

ReputationRep:
    DO YOU REALLY NEED TO SHAVE YOUR TORSO?

I see almost no aggressive hair growth on it.

Whoever mentioned shaving ....I think she has very long eye lashes ..became delusional
    or forgot or wear her glasses (if she has a weak eye sight) or maybe her glasses were smeared with dirt.

But if you want crinkly, thick, stubborn, hard hair....give it a shot
    noone will stop you

Jesus, if I were a boy...I would be happy with a body like yours.

ReputationRep:
    That look is obviously a dream for every guy but yeah I haven't been working out for long(2 months) so hopefully if I keep going I'll start seeing some more progress. My ideal look would be Ronaldo.
    Note to yourself:
    1. Earrings.

ReputationRep:
    DO YOU REALLY NEED TO SHAVE YOUR TORSO?

I see almost no aggressive hair growth on it.

Whoever mentioned shaving ....I think she has very long eye lashes ..became delusional
    or forgot or wear her glasses (if she has a weak eye sight) or maybe her glasses were smeared with dirt.

But if you want crinkly, thick, stubborn, hard hair....give it a shot
    noone will stop you

Jesus, if I were a boy...I would be happy with a body like yours.
    His body is decent but he's a bit too skinny. He needs to add more size. How old are you btw?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, so my abs don't need more toning?
    hmmm, okay maybe a tad more.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.